Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Have you thought about making some sort of collaboration with Damocles and the Nitrogen map generator?

It seems to be able to make really good Randomworlds, but for A17, it couldn't generate a map with your custom radiationzone included :(

(or I was too dumb to use it :D )

Running Darkness Falls on such a map could be amazing.

I already asked him a while ago for the ability to add in custom biomes.

It was a no-go at that point. Also POI's didn't obey biome-specific spawns.

I can have a look at adding stamps for custom biomes zones.

The POIs can detect the biomes now. What special biome logic do you have in DF?

I can have a look at adding stamps for custom biomes zones.

The POIs can detect the biomes now. What special biome logic do you have in DF?

I'll hit you up in Gup's discord later. :) I haven't slept since yesterday... soooo...

But basically i'm using the vanilla wasteland_hub as a custom rad biome, if that helps.

I'll hit you up in Gup's discord later. :) I haven't slept since yesterday... soooo...

But basically i'm using the vanilla wasteland_hub as a custom rad biome, if that helps.

I suppose you edit the radiation map then? Or just the biome? In any case, just drop me a message in discord.

I've unlocked Red and Goldenrod Teas, but they have 2 recipes each. One of each says it requires a Lead Car Battery? Is this intentional?

It's when I am in the campfire and look up the tea recipes.

leadcarbatteryrequired.thumb.jpg.ef2908af70634c3d337cc4c764bee015.jpg

And no I have no other mods installed.

It shows multiple recipes for many items in the campfire when I search for them - teas, bacon & eggs, grilled yucca, yucca smoothie, and one of each says Lead Car Battery Required.

Edited by Rizzano (see edit history)

How does mining work?

until the moment alone and found lead in the green biome.

Do I have to change the biome for the rest of the minerals? or am i missing something?

it's the first time I play the mod, but it looks fun

The mod is loads of fun!

So far when mining the surface boulders, I noticed that in the forest biome I was getting stone and iron.

When I was in the snow biome I noticed I was getting stone and nitrate.

I would assume other biomes will yield different extra ores and stuff along with stone when mining surface boulders.

Desert surface boulders would probably yield shale.

Burnt biome surface boulders would probably yield coal

That would leave wasteland surface boulders yielding lead?

Not sure, the only 2 I CAN confirm is forest biome surface boulders giving iron and snow biome surface boulders giving nitrate, I am just guessing on the other 3 biomes.

As far as regular mining goes, going underground, I have no clue, haven't gotten that far yet.

I've unlocked Red and Goldenrod Teas, but they have 2 recipes each. One of each says it requires a Lead Car Battery? Is this intentional?

It's when I am in the campfire and look up the tea recipes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30680[/ATTACH]

And no I have no other mods installed.

It shows multiple recipes for many items in the campfire when I search for them - teas, bacon & eggs, grilled yucca, yucca smoothie, and one of each says Lead Car Battery Required.

One is made in the campfire. One is made in the working oven (the one that needs the battery)

How does mining work?

until the moment alone and found lead in the green biome.

Do I have to change the biome for the rest of the minerals? or am i missing something?

it's the first time I play the mod, but it looks fun

Yep, you have to change biomes to find different materials. :) Basically some biomes have a better chance of materials than others. You can also just strip mine and hope.

In small bunker its impossible to open the cntScifiLockersHelper

Whoops. Forgot to define the placeholder block. Thanks. :)

EDIT: You can add this to blockplaceholders.xml and then use the quest system to reset the prefab.

<!-- Darkness Falls Blocks -->

<placeholder name="cntScifiLockersHelper">
	<block name="ScifiLockerEmpty" prob=".33"/>
	<block name="ScifiLocker" prob=".67"/>
</placeholder>

<placeholder name="cntScifiCratesHelper">
	<block name="ScifiCrateEmpty" prob=".33"/>
	<block name="ScifiCrate" prob=".67"/>
</placeholder>

Should fix it.

Ran in to a snag.

My savegame got corrupted, so started a new game. Ever since the new game, I can't access oil barrels/hidden stashes ( ammo supplies pile, medical supply pile etc. ) . There is simply no "Press E to open" text or anything.

I did also notice in the same time as the savegame corruption and subsequent bugs, that SphereII core files and launcher is mismatched again. It shows I must update, although I have latest version.

Ran in to a snag.

My savegame got corrupted, so started a new game. Ever since the new game, I can't access oil barrels/hidden stashes ( ammo supplies pile, medical supply pile etc. ) . There is simply no "Press E to open" text or anything.

I did also notice in the same time as the savegame corruption and subsequent bugs, that SphereII core files and launcher is mismatched again. It shows I must update, although I have latest version.

Sounds like you might need to reinstall 7DTD due to file corruption.

And do NOT update any mods the launcher says needs updating, like SphereIICore, because I haven't tested them with DF yet. ;) (I plan to roll his latest update in eventually)

Ok one I cloud reset about Eve's Quest but the others? Or is that a kind of trick I don't know?

There's server plugins that should work on SP (since it's basically a single player server) that allow you to reset a prefab if it's quest flagged.

Where are we supposed to find the radioactive resources such as to make the power cells?

In the radiation biome.

I thought master mechanics would unlock mechanic's workstation but it doesn't

Nope. Grease Monkey 3.

There's server plugins that should work on SP (since it's basically a single player server) that allow you to reset a prefab if it's quest flagged.

Is there a place where you can read how it works or what the name of such a plugin is? I will never find it... google doesn't help