Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Just checked for you.

Both small maps have 2 trader caitlins, 2 large wasteland bunkers, 4 of the small one you already found.

Regarding the radiation biome... I want to make it quite clear I do not mean this in a nasty or rude way.

It is NOT supposed to be easy. If you want to go explore that, you have to sacrifice some of your armor slots. Chest and legs should be fine, but you will lose your gloves, boots and head slot. Mod those two pieces of armor appropriately, like with steel or military plating, for extra protection. As Scyris mentioned, get the Blessed Metal mod because it doubles the damage of the weapon vs demons.

It is not a biome to be taken lightly. Preparation and gear is necessary.

Thx for the answer. I don't want to complain, only wanted to know if my search makes sense.

Is there something special about " trader caitlins"? I found one trader in wasteland, but it was a common one. Or what is a " trader caitlins", couln't find it via google.

You are a brave man, you are almost alone with a significant mod on A17 :)

I watched the letsplays from G4K. Mod was seriously improved in comparison with the beginning!

Thanks. :) It's been a lot of work and a LOT of asking for help.

Hi - me and my buddy are enjoying the mod. Very difficult which has lead to a more immersive experience.

I think we’re doing something wrong though. We each chose classes but we can’t get additional classes to work. For example, we found 2 hunter books, both read them but the hunter quest didn’t trigger. Can you help?

Not having science is turning out to be very challenging.

Hi - me and my buddy are enjoying the mod. Very difficult which has lead to a more immersive experience.

I think we’re doing something wrong though. We each chose classes but we can’t get additional classes to work. For example, we found 2 hunter books, both read them but the hunter quest didn’t trigger. Can you help?

You have to scrap books and recipes you dont need, make a class book in a writing table, and use that class book to choose another class.

Another question. How do I get the steel crafting? My levels are where it says it should be. Thanks in advance for your help again

I am trying to make the steel crossbow, and the skills it says to have I already have.

If it was a red book, that was the mastery book, not the class book.

You don't generally find class books in loot. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Another question. How do I get the steel crafting? My levels are where it says it should be. Thanks in advance for your help again

Depends on your class. Laborer gets it as part of hammer and forge. Normal steel crafting requires weapons crafting 2, science crafting 2, tool crafting 3 and NOT be a laborer.

Steel crossbow is only available to the survivalist after you read the mastery book/bought the perk.

Doing that still isn’t trigger the new class quest. For example, I read the hunter book but no quest to go with it.

Was it the red mastery book? if so, you can learn it but you cannot do anything with the skills till you do the base class.

- - - Updated - - -

I found the mastery book and read it. Did the survivalist class and still can’t make the steel crossbow. It says I don’t know the recipe??

You have to have finished the classes questline before any mastery perk will take effects.

Server troubles -different gameplay experience?

Love this modpack like its amazing. When we play off a personal set up and then invite players in its magical, but this makes a PC have to be server.

We rented a server from Bluefang solutions and set it all up but the pack was night and day different. It spawned us into the same world and even location no matter what (even after reinstall) and even on the lowest settings we were killed repeatedly and immediately. There were no guards at the trader and it was swiftly overtaken without our even being there. Even the music and sound effects were different! The Bandits and Survivors were insanely numerous in comparison as well.

How can we play it like it is on a single player solo game on a server? Is that possible? I seriously love this modpack but cant take the 2 hours to load it when using our pcs as a server. Only 3 of us play together and two are in the same house. Hardwire connections.

Let me know if there is any other info I can provide to help sort this out.

Was it the red mastery book? if so, you can learn it but you cannot do anything with the skills till you do the base class.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to have finished the classes questline before any mastery perk will take effects.

I finished the quest line and it shows that I have the mastery unlocked. But it will not let me craft the steel crossbow. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? I have the laborer class too is that the problem?

@KhaineGB: I found that the "DFmeleeSpearTitanium" seems to be the odd one out as it says in recipe it's crafted with weldingtorch, though if you try to craft it there you find no "Craft" button, my friend then tried around while i was checking in the xml and we found it works on the normal workbench while

<recipe name="DFmeleeSpearTitanium" count="1" tags="learnable">
<ingredient name="DFresourceArrowHeadTitanium" count="2"/>
<ingredient name="resourceWood" count="10"/>
<ingredient name="resourceLeather" count="5"/>
</recipe>

does not even suggest that either. Please update the info where it's crafted or make it so it needs the metalworkbench to craft as it says in the info.

Also, i believe the "BlockRange" of the titanium spear is a bit over the top with 15, let's you harvest grass from the other side of the road, but zombies need to still be nearly as close as when you use a club for example.

I wrote a little modification for me and my friends to have all spears have a 5 Block- and MaxRange as well as 6 with Power Attacks (a lot slower then club Power Attack so imho reasonable), compared to other weapons like the club with only 3.

That way the long spear does not feel like a toothpick anymore, but actually like a long weapon to poke zeds eyes out with.

Still not so easy to aim, but with the range more realistic and finally a weapon able to keep the zombies from infecting you if you miss the swing.

Well since you put the titanium spear in, maybe you might be interested in trying the 5 for block and entity range.

While i am talking about the spear, do you know if it's possible to allow spears to be used to attack through "iron bars" for example?

Keep the zeds coming and thanks for the constant improvements.

Xylvier

I finished the quest line and it shows that I have the mastery unlocked. But it will not let me craft the steel crossbow. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? I have the laborer class too is that the problem?

If i read that right, you learned the survivalist class, while the bow is in there,

the steel crossbow is in the Hunter Class mastery. Means you may need to get another class going.

Laborer does not make it impossible, it's just some skills that you could buy will be blocked by classes since they already offer the skills.

@KhaineGB: please correct the post above, it's not survivalist but the hunter that get's the steel crossbow ;)

Edited by Xylvier (see edit history)

1) Yep. You need the full suit. There is a cure for radiation.... anti-rad pills. It's a scientist mastery recipe. The radiation is supposed to be deadly, so that's not getting altered. You go in there without the right protection? You're gonna die. I did change the texture in my local build to make the biome WAY more obvious though. :)

I spelled it wrong last time. If you make radiation invisible so that it doesn't appear on the map. The player comes to radiation and he starts to fall health, not as fast as now.

It's like death out of nowhere. You do not know where these beautiful red areas are drawn on the map, do not see clear boundaries. You can take risks and run in the field of radiation. Let's say 10 minutes it is possible to live without protection, but health all the time is reduced.

Now I clearly understand where there is radiation and took the habit of constantly pressing the "M" key to see the red area on the map. If desired, I can stay in one block of radiation and enjoy life. And if the radiation will be invisible and kill quietly, so the player does not immediately realize that he has already passed the point of no return from the field of radiation (or failed, I think now, panic), then instead of joy appears harsh survival.

Now if the dealer gives the quest in the radiation area, you can simply remove. Because the map is full of other places. And in radioactive places, there's nothing unique about going there.

That worked

Completely uninstall/delete also all remaining files of 7d2d vanilla in steam, and uninstall and delete all files of DF mod. Than reinstall, preferably when installing DF2 do it under new path name. Than it will work again - its how I've done it.

That worked. Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it also wiped my characters skill points and levels. Ahh, the struggle!

So these exploding guys...are they disguised as radiated dogs? During horde night we got 80+ for our day 21 horde and it was just way overwhelming. Fun as crap but wow...wasnt expecting that...they broke into the base and blew up our battery bank

Another question - Smelting titanium. Advanced Forge doesnt have a collector number like the others. Even with the crucible in the advanced forge it wont start breaking down. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Edited by Railstin (see edit history)

So these exploding guys...are they disguised as radiated dogs? During horde night we got 80+ for our day 21 horde and it was just way overwhelming. Fun as crap but wow...wasn't expecting that...they broke into the base and blew up our battery bank

Another question - Smelting titanium. Advanced Forge doesn't have a collector number like the others. Even with the crucible in the advanced forge it wont start breaking down. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Disguised? .. means they come as dogs and turn into the smoking zeds or what now?

I encountered the smoking zeds (smoke makes them easy to distinguish oh and they all can puke like police zeds) around horde on "day" 21 as well, but levels can be affected by so much and game-stage as well :p

Regarding the advanced forge, it seems to stop when you open it, before the last patch i believe it was snailing down the game too much and may have been adjusted that way. If you put something in the adv. forge and close it wait a bit and open again it should have molten some already. At least that is how it works for me.

Should you still not get titanium molten, may that be for you do not have the perk for handling titanium, best guess.

Have fun with the smokers, they will now bother you more and more.