Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

THere is a way to do it, but the last time I tried that folks were bitching they got maps with 0 traders.

So I absolutely do not want to touch that. :D

Yeah, if it can cause that, be safer not to mess with it heh. I did what ya said with the behemoths. I just used <!-- and --> to comment them out in the wasteland spawns, so I don't run into them way before I am anywhere near ready to try to kill them. Wasteland will be a little less scary without behemoths in it, but in DF wasteland is already pretty damn scary even without them.

I was on early morning day 3 when my game crashed and broke. I started a new game, but when I logged in the only thing that is visible is the sky, everything else is just a dense fog. I started another new game, and I got the same thing. I tried pre-syncing and that didn't seem to fix it. I don't know if doing a verification on the Steam file will make a difference, but I am going to try that too.

something is wrong with the coconut trees. I can harvest them when I found one in the desert, but if I plant them, after harvesting, the palm just vanish without getting coconuts. Didn't find something in the xml jet

If I take an empty or grown from the creative menu and plant, it's OK.

Edited by narimbur (see edit history)

you will need to go scavenge the science labs and bunkers specifically added by DF to get the purple papers and when you get 10 you can craft the book. No other way ;)

Ok thanks for the reply. Another question is how do I level the sub skills in the tech tree? I have extra skill points but it doesn't let me level them? Am I missing something? The skill notes don't mention anything that I can see on how to level them.

I'm having a hard time finding the purple schematics. I'm playing DFalls medium. Looted one missile silo and found nothing. Found a well bunker with zero zombies in it, again, nothing. Only found one schematic from a drop killing a random lab zombie, and I've killed loads of them.

I'm having a hard time finding the purple schematics. I'm playing DFalls medium. Looted one missile silo and found nothing. Found a well bunker with zero zombies in it, again, nothing. Only found one schematic from a drop killing a random lab zombie, and I've killed loads of them.

I went on internet and looked for bunker thing... Its in a burnt forest in water well underground. And fancy equipped with sciency stuff and desks - which contains futuristic schematics.

Nice. Thanks buddy!

And there is another one you need in Radiation zone ( you need full hazmat suit set so you get radiation protection ) - looks like bunch of army tents ( A16 like made from cloth blocks ). And under one of the smaller green tents is a steel hatch which leads down into the bunker. I ll make some screens and pop them here. I think it may help to many players who are looking for a bunkers.

Same exact problem in experimental

I was on early morning day 3 when my game crashed and broke. I started a new game, but when I logged in the only thing that is visible is the sky, everything else is just a dense fog. I started another new game, and I got the same thing. I tried pre-syncing and that didn't seem to fix it. I don't know if doing a verification on the Steam file will make a difference, but I am going to try that too.

I can’t see anything but the sky. All fog. Tried reinstalling and still same problem.

I can’t see anything but the sky. All fog. Tried reinstalling and still same problem.

Completely uninstall/delete also all remaining files of 7d2d vanilla in steam, and uninstall and delete all files of DF mod. Than reinstall, preferably when installing DF2 do it under new path name. Than it will work again - its how I've done it.

Khaine a question: Is there 2 mushroom models? I ask because most of the time I cannot hit E to pick them up. Also, whats the purpose of those storage containers in POI's? They are always empty, often they are locked. Here's an example of what I mean, there are also "Storage Chests" in the poi's that are always empty as well. 1931857061_7DaysToDie2019-05-2503-43-12.thumb.jpg.58b602d77808c0d3859e8e90e9e12cd7.jpg These are mainly in the non-vanilla Poi's I notice.

Sorry folks, had a pain day and passed out for like 18 hours... not even kidding.

I see A17.4 experimental is out. DF currently DOES NOT work with this. I'm gonna update the experimental branch tonight or tomorrow but I have to do some DLL edits before I do my SDX patches. I also need to compare the XML between 17.4 and 17.3.

I know folks have already mentioned this, but totally delete 7DTD, then totally delete the mod from the launcher as well. Make sure to back up your save. That should fix it.

something is wrong with the coconut trees. I can harvest them when I found one in the desert, but if I plant them, after harvesting, the palm just vanish without getting coconuts. Didn't find something in the xml jet

If I take an empty or grown from the creative menu and plant, it's OK.

Will check them later, but make sure you aren't putting them near other plants. That was a bug in A16 if they were near plants that needed water. Planting them away from those plants seemed to fix it, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Ok thanks for the reply. Another question is how do I level the sub skills in the tech tree? I have extra skill points but it doesn't let me level them? Am I missing something? The skill notes don't mention anything that I can see on how to level them.

Craft items granted by the future technology perk. You CANNOT unlock all 6 perks. You have to pick the technology tree or the bio boosts tree, so pick wisely. :)

Is there any food or drink for surviving in the desert? Just updated the cooking skill to sous chef 4, but can't find something

Yucca smoothie I think? I do plan to look into drink effects to see if I can help with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Khaine a question: Is there 2 mushroom models? I ask because most of the time I cannot hit E to pick them up. Also, whats the purpose of those storage containers in POI's? They are always empty, often they are locked. Here's an example of what I mean, there are also "Storage Chests" in the poi's that are always empty as well. [ATTACH=CONFIG]28497[/ATTACH] These are mainly in the non-vanilla Poi's I notice.

THose storage boxes are just for decoration.

Mushrooms you can't pick up are in growing stage 2... plants have 3 stages: Seed, partially grown, grown. Seed and grown can be picked up. The middle stage cant.

Ahh but these mushrooms I mentioned are inside poi's, and they are harvestable need to hit them, Pissy waters public pool has about 17-19 to see what I mean on the ground floor around the big pool. One of the few you CAN hit E to harvest is in one of the traders, the one with the log building, usually is in winter biomes.

In A16 Yucca juice used to help with the desert, but in a17 they removed its cooling part for some reason. Yucca Smoothie helps in the winter biome, but afaik there is no food that actually helps to deal with desert/heat.

Whats the diff between the vanilla shotgun and the combat shotgun? I mean besides the combat one looking much cooler.

Yeah, those empty boxes are annoying. I install mod that lets you get them in you're inventory when u destroy them, so at least they have use. Loved WotW because Dwall added loot to them. But that might be why people say it had to much loot.

That was exactly the problem. Made the retirement village super OP.

Been wondering about doing that myself but still very unsure.

Also, while I remember, the experimental branch of the MOD on the launcher has been updated for A17.4E compatibility. :)

At one point in WotW those boxes would be destroyed on loot. Thought that was better, but when they always respawned was definetly to much. So if you change them to have loot, just have them be destoyed on loot.

The problem with that, is if it's a quest POI, you can just reset it if you get a quest for that location.

So you can loot it, reset it and loot it again.

Don't get me wrong, it IS a good idea, but yeah.... sadly it can be worked around in A17.

Also Dwall needs to hurry up with WotW. I want to play that again. ;)

Will check them later, but make sure you aren't putting them near other plants. That was a bug in A16 if they were near plants that needed water. Planting them away from those plants seemed to fix it, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Yucca smoothie I think? I do plan to look into drink effects to see if I can help with that.

Coconut tree empty should grow to CoconutGrown not to young

The text of yucca smothie is: ...survive in severely cold environments

There is a big confusion in the skill tree. I have learned many skills/perks before I could learn new professions. After learning new profession many of the old skills are gone and now red. ie. i learned to make steel, but after unlock Laborer I wasn't able to make steel anymore till the point I finish all quest. So it's OK now, but I can't make wrenches now. I unlock some professions, so I don't know exactly when was happening.

But the professions and "common" perks/skills disturbs each other.

Sorry for my English...