Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Some classes can't buy some perks.

Laborer, for example, can't buy steel crafting because they get it as part of hammer and forge.

The reason I did that is because people kept complaining they could buy perks they didn't need.

I recommend using The Perkolator to view perk requirements since I CANNOT edit the "Disabled by status effect" text.

Any fixes to rwg? would it be safe to take my current 17.3 game into the 17.4e version of the mod?

Combat shotgun is fully auto, so you can just hold down left mouse and go to town. ;)

And those ones in POI's have been placed at stage 2 by the creator for... whatever reason.

Hmm maybe i'll add it to stage 2 for shrooms once I figure out how to do it, then I just have to make sure I don't punch them when they say "growing"

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

<property name="CanPickup" value="true"/>

^ there you go. ;)

I have tweaked rwg a bit, but I'd wait for build 3 if you want to mess with that. I'm still doing tweaking. I -think- it's safe to go from 17.3 to 17.4, but make sure you backup your save first.

<property name="CanPickup" value="true"/>

^ there you go. ;)

I have tweaked rwg a bit, but I'd wait for build 3 if you want to mess with that. I'm still doing tweaking. I -think- it's safe to go from 17.3 to 17.4, but make sure you backup your save first.

Yeah I did that, it lets me pick it up as a "POI" decoration, which is fine, as later on I can plant them on the ground in my base and just punch them to get mushrooms, its ass backwards but it works good enough for me for now. So to backup the save I go to my app data and into the 7 days to die folder? I have 2 installs of 7dtd, one is the normal latest experemental offical build, then I have a second one where its 17.3 Darkness Falls.

Mechanic gets access to grease monkey which you have to buy.

Check The Huntsman perk. Code says you get leather armor at level 1, machete at 2, hunting knife at 3, Hunting rifle + ammo at 4... and you get 2 levels of that perk for free.

If the perk doesn't say that, then I need to edit the localization. :)

The Health Bar thing for the zombies (underneath the compass) doesn't work, the bar is there its just blank and doesn't say anything. How do i fix it?

Perhaps you not use Assembly-CSharp from the mod.

///

Side-note: I made a 16k map today while testing RWG and actually PLAYING the map uses 20GB... I couldn't believe it.

If so, it is unlikely that TFP will use 16k maps. Then we'll only have 8k... annoyingly.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

So what schematics does Yeah Science actually.. let me use? As it doesn't seem to be the weapon/armor mod ones at all. Love the new RWG in experemental, MUCH better than the stable branch and its better than vanilla, more green less everything else.

Is there a way to change what the night visions effect looks like insted of that ugly green? Maybe make it looks like Cat's Eye chem from fallout new vegas?

I don't believe so. I am pretty sure it's a texture located in the asset file, so not easy to change.

The Health Bar thing for the zombies (underneath the compass) doesn't work, the bar is there its just blank and doesn't say anything. How do i fix it?

Works fine for me... you might not be close enough.

If so, it is unlikely that TFP will use 16k maps. Then we'll only have 8k... annoyingly.

That's my thought too. I want to try 12k and see how bad that is on the RAM use.

So what schematics does Yeah Science actually.. let me use? As it doesn't seem to be the weapon/armor mod ones at all. Love the new RWG in experemental, MUCH better than the stable branch and its better than vanilla, more green less everything else.

It doesn't. Science Crafting is for mod schematics. I only found out last night that the Yeah, Science localization is incorrect.

Basically it gives early access to all types of normal ammo and most explosives... plus the battery bank.

Works fine for me... you might not be close enough.

i am hitting them with the sledge hammer thing. i am close enough for it to work. ill see about redownload the mod again.

EDIT: i have redownload the mod i dont want to replace everything where would i need to be looking?

EDIT: Fixed it, i just recopied the folders. i still dont know what happened though.

Edited by Iam192 (see edit history)

Good day!

How to protect against radiation? Yellow suit will go through radiation? Need a full set of this suit? Mask, jacket, pants, gloves and boots?

I think the radiation kills too fast. It is better to do something that could be for some time to be in radiation without protection, and health/stamina slowly decreased and it could not be raised until you get out of radiation. Perhaps we should add a cure for radiation, similar to an antibiotic. It will add a sense of risk.

Bleeding kills too fast. Therefore, players are always running around with bats. It makes little sense. For example a player was bitten by a dog and started to bleed. The player quickly applies the bandage and fights again.

I think things like the treatment process should be slow. The bleeding can be prolonged for a few minutes. And the process of bandaging should take more time. I think the player can not simultaneously fight to benthobatis, meds and eat soup.

If you make the process of treatment and nutrition longer, the players will not be able to be treated during the battle. Therefore it is necessary to increase the nutritional value of food and its medicinal properties.

I really liked the guards of the merchants. I made a base near the merchant. I made fortifications and pushed the guards to these fortifications. And it turned out incredibly cool!!!

Is it possible to buy mercenaries for money and put them as turrets? Instead of ammunition they will have to charge money.

To defend your camp with live settlers is more interesting and cooler than to dig under the ground and leave soulless turrets.

I found one science lab and can't find another. This one was a poi with a little well nothing else and a bunker under the earth. Are they always in this poi or are there different pois with lab's?

There's a much larger one. It's supposed to be in the wasteland but the prefab had the wrong biome so it was only in the radiated biome.

If you're using the premade maps, they're definitely in the wasteland. Have fixed it for 2.11 for RWG though. :)

Good day!

How to protect against radiation? Yellow suit will go through radiation? Need a full set of this suit? Mask, jacket, pants, gloves and boots?

I think the radiation kills too fast. It is better to do something that could be for some time to be in radiation without protection, and health/stamina slowly decreased and it could not be raised until you get out of radiation. Perhaps we should add a cure for radiation, similar to an antibiotic. It will add a sense of risk.

Bleeding kills too fast. Therefore, players are always running around with bats. It makes little sense. For example a player was bitten by a dog and started to bleed. The player quickly applies the bandage and fights again.

I think things like the treatment process should be slow. The bleeding can be prolonged for a few minutes. And the process of bandaging should take more time. I think the player can not simultaneously fight to benthobatis, meds and eat soup.

If you make the process of treatment and nutrition longer, the players will not be able to be treated during the battle. Therefore it is necessary to increase the nutritional value of food and its medicinal properties.

I really liked the guards of the merchants. I made a base near the merchant. I made fortifications and pushed the guards to these fortifications. And it turned out incredibly cool!!!

Is it possible to buy mercenaries for money and put them as turrets? Instead of ammunition they will have to charge money.

To defend your camp with live settlers is more interesting and cooler than to dig under the ground and leave soulless turrets.

1) Yep. You need the full suit. There is a cure for radiation.... anti-rad pills. It's a scientist mastery recipe. The radiation is supposed to be deadly, so that's not getting altered. You go in there without the right protection? You're gonna die. I did change the texture in my local build to make the biome WAY more obvious though. :)

2) Bleeding is literaly just the vanilla values. I didn't change it. Probably not going to mess with it either because it's all cvar based and honestly gives me a headache trying to work out what the hell TFP are doing.

Food/Drink have been overhauled in the experimental build to give the player a version of the old Healing Factor perk, so you will very slowly regenerate health and max health for 30 minutes. I figure that makes it more valuable than just filling up the appropriate stat.

3) ATM no, it's not. I also don't recommend living with the trader because I'm pretty sure the guards count against your max zombie count for bloodmoons. Still trying to confirm that though. Hirable NPC's will be a thing in the future, but they won't work in the way you're hoping. You'll have to hire them for cash, give them food/drink constantly and they'll either follow you or stand guard.

There's a much larger one. It's supposed to be in the wasteland but the prefab had the wrong biome so it was only in the radiated biome.

If you're using the premade maps, they're definitely in the wasteland. Have fixed it for 2.11 for RWG though.

thx. I play on the small map of DV. Is there more than one of the small tec bunker on map? I just was in the radiated zone... It is not possible to modify the HazmadSuit and to survive there is nearly impossible. Many running and demon zomies.... Yeah with a helicopter, may it were possible....

If I am on the experemental build I assume my bunker should be in the wasteland? As for the bleed, leave it as it is, it happens way to often as it is, and making it take longer to fix will just hurt gameplay. I swear every 2nd hit or so I am bleeding from something. Infection is another issue. Its pretty brutal early game in the mod, with how often I seem to get it. Might just be my bad luck though. I really like the mod though its bascally a16 with a ton of new content with all of a17.3's bell and whistles to make it even better. I do feel the action skills level a tad too fast.

I've also had an odd... issue with the old iron wrench, Unless its a perk doing it, but i've had it randomly go from doing 18/swing to over 40, Just out of the blue, unsure if tier of wrench effects it or not, this happens with no mods in it as well. I figured miner 69'er is probally adding to it as its technacally block damage. Not that I mind, its just weird how it suddendly has a sharp jump in block damage when dissassembling things.

thx. I play on the small map of DV. Is there more than one of the small tec bunker on map? I just was in the radiated zone... It is not possible to modify the HazmadSuit and to survive there is nearly impossible. Many running and demon zomies.... Yeah with a helicopter, may it were possible....

Blessed metal weapon mod makes all attacks do double damage to demons, which are the demonic zombies and the succubus and such. Your kinda meant to have that+a full hazmat suit+some perked/modded out weapons before you step foot in there, preferably a gun.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

Blessed metal weapon mod makes all attacks do double damage to demons, which are the demonic zombies and the succubus and such. Your kinda meant to have that+a full hazmat suit+some perked/modded out weapons before you step foot in there, preferably a gun.

I do have all of this, may only some perks I do not have. Driving now for hours through red/snow/radiated-Zone and can't find a lab. Found a flying Zomi-Angle and a Demonic-Gate....

Just checked for you.

Both small maps have 2 trader caitlins, 2 large wasteland bunkers, 4 of the small one you already found.

Regarding the radiation biome... I want to make it quite clear I do not mean this in a nasty or rude way.

It is NOT supposed to be easy. If you want to go explore that, you have to sacrifice some of your armor slots. Chest and legs should be fine, but you will lose your gloves, boots and head slot. Mod those two pieces of armor appropriately, like with steel or military plating, for extra protection. As Scyris mentioned, get the Blessed Metal mod because it doubles the damage of the weapon vs demons.

It is not a biome to be taken lightly. Preparation and gear is necessary. :)

If I am on the experemental build I assume my bunker should be in the wasteland? As for the bleed, leave it as it is, it happens way to often as it is, and making it take longer to fix will just hurt gameplay. I swear every 2nd hit or so I am bleeding from something. Infection is another issue. Its pretty brutal early game in the mod, with how often I seem to get it. Might just be my bad luck though. I really like the mod though its bascally a16 with a ton of new content with all of a17.3's bell and whistles to make it even better. I do feel the action skills level a tad too fast.

I've also had an odd... issue with the old iron wrench, Unless its a perk doing it, but i've had it randomly go from doing 18/swing to over 40, Just out of the blue, unsure if tier of wrench effects it or not, this happens with no mods in it as well. I figured miner 69'er is probally adding to it as its technacally block damage. Not that I mind, its just weird how it suddendly has a sharp jump in block damage when dissassembling things.

I noticed that with the wrench in vanilla as well as in the mod. No idea what's going on there. Bleeding... yeah. I think the zombie with the highest chance of causing bleed is like... 20% or 25%... and I'm pretty sure that's either the dog or a feral. Bearing that in mind, it's INSANE how often it happens. I did wonder about adding an Coagulant med that the player can take which grants immunity to bleed for X amount of time. Still trying to decide if it's a good idea or not.

Regarding infection, it works similar to A16, so chop down those tree stumps and gut hornets for honey. You need a proper knife or machete to get honey from a hornet. Shiv won't work, but the honey has a good chance of curing Infection 1.