Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

if you're running vanilla rh, you can only match with vanilla rh servers atm. this will change in some manner whenever 5.2 happens (long way off).

- - - Updated - - -

hi! the direct links are updated, even tho they say 5.0

we can't change the link names for bluefang reasons.

not sure if that was your only problem, but hope that helps :)

Thank you so much. Makes sense when I installed from the 5.0 it installed 5.01 at the time of install. Loving this MOD so much!!

Oh God please give strenght and will for these awesome people here to finish the 17.2 update for the game,also please banish those blurry items/objects which makes game much less nice :D

I'm currently taking a small forced break from the mod. Only a few days. This amazing community has provided me a FANTASTIC upgrade to my work machine and very soon my potato will be no more!

What this means for you guys is FASTER updates, WAY more HD textures and better assets, a TON of content and I'm currently designing and planning over 50 plus NEW zombie models all with multiple animations, just so i can personally BLOW MM's theory out of the water that you can NOT have more zombies in this game.l

I guarantee you guys that the future is smoking for this mod and you will NOT be disappointed once the previews come rolling in, which should be in a bout a week. Or possibly less.

I'm currently taking a small forced break from the mod. Only a few days. This amazing community has provided me a FANTASTIC upgrade to my work machine and very soon my potato will be no more!

What this means for you guys is FASTER updates, WAY more HD textures and better assets, a TON of content and I'm currently designing and planning over 50 plus NEW zombie models all with multiple animations, just so i can personally BLOW MM's theory out of the water that you can NOT have more zombies in this game.l

I guarantee you guys that the future is smoking for this mod and you will NOT be disappointed once the previews come rolling in, which should be in a bout a week. Or possibly less.

yea well that potato is museum piece now. "This is where Ravenhearst was born"

Can somebody explain to me how chicken pig and cow farming work? Me and my friends are confused and we haven’t even seen a cow yet and it’s day 70.

With chickens you have to make a chicken coop in the farm table (also for the farm journal quest) and then get a live male and female that you craft in the coop into a fertile egg. This you put on 3x3 animal bedding which has to be upgraded with a pitchfork before.

The pig you create also in the farm table (also with animal feed and animal bedding). Here you can make a piglet with a live male and female pig that you then put on 5x5 upgraded animal bedding.

The live animals you get randomly when you harvest chickens and pig in the 'wild'.

You kill these hedged chickens and grown pigs to obtain lots of meat.

The cow is the easiest thing to make and use,, again just animal feed and bedding. This cow you can place anywhere to produce milk.

And only when you got the survival skills and living of the land maxed out.

Edited by mr.natural (see edit history)

Best biome to find Cows in? I’m assuming the forest but haven’t seen one yet.

You can only craft cows, you don't need live ones. Check your crafting menu and type cow.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been digging like crazy looking for the 5 fossils. I have 6 stacks of sand and stone each and haven’t found any. I also don’t know how to find chickens to put into the coop. Any help would be much appreciated.

Looks like you need to do some more digging :)

Live chickens you get occasionally from harvesting killed chickens (found in the desert)

Hello there!

Anyone knows how can I reduce the amount of experience required to level up?

I'm using the mod manager and have tried setting a new value to "exp_to_level" in the progression.xml file but it doesn't change it (though it reset the experience I've acquired in this level...).

I've modified the file in both the root folder and tempMod after being unsuccesful.

Am I missing something please?

Thank you :)

Hello there!

Anyone knows how can I reduce the amount of experience required to level up?

I'm using the mod manager and have tried setting a new value to "exp_to_level" in the progression.xml file but it doesn't change it (though it reset the experience I've acquired in this level...).

I've modified the file in both the root folder and tempMod after being unsuccesful.

Am I missing something please?

Thank you :)

Did you try starting a new game after making the changes? Generally modifying the progression xml on an existing save does not go well. Does a lot of weird things.

Did you try starting a new game after making the changes? Generally modifying the progression xml on an existing save does not go well. Does a lot of weird things.

I have yes, but not after modifying progression.xml in the tempMod folder. I might try that when I get back from work. I'll keep you updated thank you :)

You dont need to start over. What happens is that the launcher refreshes the mod so all the changes you've done are overwrited by the original files.

Do what you did, but instead of starting the game by the launcher, start it by the 7dtd .exe file inside the ravenhearst folder. I'm pretty sure it will work the way you expect

Thanks for the help Mr. Natural. Have you had any issues with the thumper quest? I killed the zombies and upgraded the chest and took the jump pads but the quest line is stuck. I used creative mode and started over and it did it again.

No, haven't tried that quest yet.

You dont need to start over. What happens is that the launcher refreshes the mod so all the changes you've done are overwrited by the original files.

Do what you did, but instead of starting the game by the launcher, start it by the 7dtd .exe file inside the ravenhearst folder. I'm pretty sure it will work the way you expect

Yes it works! In case someone else run into this I also had to start a new game however I think leveling up once is enough to set the exp according to the file.

Thank you very much @Strummer and @scwanobi :)

Yes it works! In case someone else run into this I also had to start a new game however I think leveling up once is enough to set the exp according to the file.

Thank you very much @Strummer and @scwanobi :)

Np!

Till where I know, any xml change you eventually make, you wont have to start a new game, cept If it'd have to do with rgwmixer.

Sorry bout my english, it is not my native language, hope you get what i meant.

Cheers!

How is building a base and defending it compared to vanilla a17?

Is it the same, was something changed?

Is a 360؛ perimeter more useful than in a17 vanilla? Are ramps and mazes exploits still the best against broken AI? Do zombies still do the conga line? Do they still all hit the same block and with bonus damage for beeing bunched up?

I have never played 7d2d modded, asking from ignorance.

Edited by Kalarro (see edit history)