A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Could use some help please. I want to mod the speed when wearing the exo suit. I am trying to edit in physicsbodies and found the exo suit files. I modded the buff like this and it doesn't seem to work. Before anyone says this .... yes the suit is on and active with power.

modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="4.0" /> changed it from modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="1.5" />

Any ideas?

As well I have been going into the RAD zone and still getting Rad poisoning.... it's mitigated but not entirely. The message when I wear the suit says I won't suffer rad poisoning while wearing the suit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Come on somebody could help a brother out.....please????

Hello, On the server where i play we are at the winter , winter start at may and we are at july , and the winter keep on.

Please, i want to know how long we need to endure the winter?

Thank you .

It is based on the southern hemisphere seasons.

Dec - feb = summer

mar - may =autumn

jun - aug = winter

sep - nov = spring.

Hi here !

We just tried to install this amazing mod on our server (G-Portal auto-installation) and the server is not responding.

We've got this strange message at the end of the logs :

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Vector3i,PowerItem].Add (Vector3i key, .PowerItem value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PowerManager.AddPowerNode (.PowerItem node, .PowerItem parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PowerManager.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PowerManager.LoadPowerManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+VI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Anyone have an idea on how to solve this ?

Thank you in advance for any answer,

Hi here !

We just tried to install this amazing mod on our server (G-Portal auto-installation) and the server is not responding.

We've got this strange message at the end of the logs :

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Vector3i,PowerItem].Add (Vector3i key, .PowerItem value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PowerManager.AddPowerNode (.PowerItem node, .PowerItem parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PowerManager.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PowerManager.LoadPowerManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+VI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Anyone have an idea on how to solve this ?

Thank you in advance for any answer,

The install is incorrect. Starvation can be difficult to load properly on some commercial hosting servers due to restrictions on loading certain types of files. I wrote an install guide for self hosted dedicated servers, but cant help you on commercial ones. The link to that document is: https://7d2dsdx.github.io/Tutorials/DedicatedStarvationDedicatedServerInstallGuide.pdf

Could use some help please. I want to mod the speed when wearing the exo suit. I am trying to edit in physicsbodies and found the exo suit files. I modded the buff like this and it doesn't seem to work. Before anyone says this .... yes the suit is on and active with power.

modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="4.0" /> changed it from modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="1.5" />

Any ideas?

As well I have been going into the RAD zone and still getting Rad poisoning.... it's mitigated but not entirely. The message when I wear the suit says I won't suffer rad poisoning while wearing the suit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there. I've been away for quite a while, and just saying thing out of my mind without checking code / xml but:

• in A16, the speed should be all in the buff speedmodifers indeed, nothing in code should affect it as far as I remember correctly
  • exo suits only mitigate damage sustained, but you still get sick. It was kind of a balancing thing. You either avoid having to use medicine, or you get the extra mobility and damage mitigation.

Until a17 is stable, making a mod is risky. We'r might not see the stable until after the holiday break, in January.

If that's the case, something complex like this might not be updated till spring.

We also really need to try the new systems in place to see if like them, or see what things to improve.

We loved a16 starvation, and look forward to it being updated, if that's possible.

So much had changed it might be more work than we'd think.

Hi there. I've been away for quite a while, and just saying thing out of my mind without checking code / xml but:

• in A16, the speed should be all in the buff speedmodifers indeed, nothing in code should affect it as far as I remember correctly
  • exo suits only mitigate damage sustained, but you still get sick. It was kind of a balancing thing. You either avoid having to use medicine, or you get the extra mobility and damage mitigation.

Thanks for replying. Appreciate the help.

I had some great dialogue with Destro and he helped me out and it works great. If you want to mod speed follow my link. Have fun!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93959-Need-help-modding-fall-damage-and-speed

Server For Starvation

Well we returned to a16 because we LOVE Starvation a million time more than a17 :shame:

Any server hosting you can suggest that would work fantastic with Starvation? I'm tired of GTX gaming they can't run that, server is fresh and so damn slow, laggy. :miserable:

We run ours with Ping perfect. Runs fine and prices are great. I have had both GTX and Logic servers in the past and both were very bad and overpriced with poor customer service.

Well we returned to a16 because we LOVE Starvation a million time more than a17 :shame:

Any server hosting you can suggest that would work fantastic with Starvation? I'm tired of GTX gaming they can't run that, server is fresh and so damn slow, laggy. :miserable:

I'm using citadel servers to host my server running a modified starvation mod.

We run ours with Ping perfect. Runs fine and prices are great. I have had both GTX and Logic servers in the past and both were very bad and overpriced with poor customer service.

Thanks, I will look. I don't have any problem with their customer service, generally they answer my ticket under 10 minutes.

• 1 month later...
What's a fair guess as to when starvation might come out for a17? One month? 5 months?

We have not heard from our coder Morte for several months so at this point I'm guessing there will not be a Starvation A17.

We have not heard from our coder Morte for several months so at this point I'm guessing there will not be a Starvation A17.

Then, I will not play any later game version. My friends and I still play a16 with starvation mod, an heavily handmodified version, and we never think playing without your mod. The team really achieved something unique and incredible. Thank you very much for your effort and for the hours of fun.