A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Just WHat I Needed To Know

Best thing would be to find them in the entitygroups.xml and remove their entries there, rather than doing it via entityclasses.xml. That way you can turn them off with much less risk of running into nullrefs and things :)

Thanks so much! That is exactly what I was wondering. I should have been more specific with my original question, but you nailed it. Thanks so much!

One Last Question

Best thing would be to find them in the entitygroups.xml and remove their entries there, rather than doing it via entityclasses.xml. That way you can turn them off with much less risk of running into nullrefs and things :)

I have tried setting the probability to 0 for each of them, & I have also tried just completely deleting them, but either way, the game won't load afterward. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Always loving playing this mod. So I wanted to mod a couple files to make the game a little different. Like gathering animals for my farm but hate listening to the cow moo all the time. Anyone know how to remove mooing?

Also love the exosuit and would really love to remove fall damage when wearing and powered up. Anyone know how to mod the fall damage when wearing the suit?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

You will find the custom Starvation sounds in the sounds.xml file. For example

<SoundDataNode name="cowMoo"><AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_Creatures" /><AudioClip ClipName="#husbandry?cowMoo" /><LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1.0" /><CrouchNoiseScale name="0.5" /><NoiseScale name="1" /><MaxVoices name="1" /><MaxEntities name="10" /><MaxRepeatRate name="0.01" /></SoundDataNode> 

is the moo sounddatanode. In the entities.xml, there is a call to this sounddatanode called cowMoo.

<property name="SoundRandom" value="cowMoo" /> 

Remove that call to the sounddatanode if you dont want random moos.

Hi there! I'm really enjoying this mod, thank you for all the work that's been put into it! I was wondering, is there a picture out there someplace that explains the UI icons on the top center of the screen? I can't find anything about them in the mod wiki.

I have tried setting the probability to 0 for each of them, & I have also tried just completely deleting them, but either way, the game won't load afterward. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Send some output log and I maybe be able to help :D

Hi there! I'm really enjoying this mod, thank you for all the work that's been put into it! I was wondering, is there a picture out there someplace that explains the UI icons on the top center of the screen? I can't find anything about them in the mod wiki.

Hi, hope this helps.

I am guessing you mean the icons directly beneath the compass. From left to right they are, Sanity, Radiation, Addiction and Fatigue.

Descriptions for each are here: http://starvationmod.wikidot.com/heal

Does anyone else experience this? I set my electric fences all nice and straight and then after a while some of them reset themselves to be at an angle. Anyway I can fix that?

I have had the same issue. I modified my fence building so the poles lay horizontally

• 3 weeks later...

Current Starvation mod information??

I am having a HECK of a time finding current starvation mod information. The WIKI sites are not correct (the nuclear information on the main starvation wiki has not been updated in over a year!).

Is there a current page somewhere on this mod? It is very frustrating trying to learn the mod when even the in-game content is not updated, and no wiki.

Help? Particularly, the nuclear information.

I just saw a new video from jim sterling about a bad looking game and I was curious to know if the big zombie boss you have in starvation mod were made by the starvation team or just bought from the unity store, since we can see most of them in that video, if its just unity bought stuff then there probably no problem since they probably bought them too, but if they were made by the starvation team it could be important.

Not sure who Jim Sterling is...link? All the entities in Starvation were done by Pacco (RIP) or myself. The models were either bought from various sources, or are free for non-commercial models. Some were made using tools like MakeHuman or Fuse.

Morte is busy with work so the last update patch is still pending release. No development or changes beyond that pending patch is planned before the A17 stable is released

Suppose there is no point in developing Starvation now until A17 is out.

Just a question, is Starvation for A17 planned?

Broken iPad etc are just junk items to scrap for parts. If you have high enough doityourself perk, they scrap. Starvation for A17 remains undecided. Much depends on the teams available time after A17 stable drops.

Not sure who Jim Sterling is...link? All the entities in Starvation were done by Pacco (RIP) or myself. The models were either bought from various sources, or are free for non-commercial models. Some were made using tools like MakeHuman or Fuse.

I didn't use a link since I wasn't sure what the rule is about link were,

we see some of the zombie boss in here: edit: I removed the link in case someone don't read xyth answer

we can see "wall crusher"zombie, the cop zombie at the very end of the video and some other I don't remember the name and it is a commercial product which is why I was wondering about where those zombie models came from.

It might not be the best video to see those zombie, but we can see some of them with slight texture modification with colors.

if they were bought or free then there probably no problem, it was just in case they were handmade by member of the starvation team that I decided to bring it up.

Edited by Destro (see edit history)

Recipe bug for Advanced Crossbow?

Finally found a weapon I enjoy with this mod.

But I cannot seem to find any recipes/schematics/perks related to this weapon.

Google/starvation mod wiki are both not very helpful.

Can someone please explain if this is a bug?