A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

My first look at new Starvation:

Here is some views from person that never played starvation before alpha 16

-Yup, When first got tomahawk was excited when I used it was bit of let down, tried using it than just went back to club.

-Advance crossbow found one bit early on only 65 and the dang thing is insanely better than any other range. The damage would not be so bad if reloading it took longer or durability went down quicker cause I still can't fix them but have never found a need. Found couple more before the first one even went pff.

-Varying zombies seems to be on average, Zombies that are fast running and weak is there bias for more of those type to spawn?

-I noticed still need campfire for bacon and eggs the big oven has frying pan though why can't I fry my eggs :offended:

-Experience so far with flu I just ignore it and pop antibiotics since getting stacks of antibiotics has been easy for me. Haven't done fishing really yet but is on my todo list. So can not really compare that to just popping antibiotics.

-Server? No clue I play single player.

-Difficulty wise so so, I am about level 70 and have eight deaths at start mostly from spawning in plains with hyenas and needing to run to another biome that is very very very evil start :smile-new: those hyenas are fresh spawns nightmare. Have had couple touch and go moments of really starving but haven't even had need to do much farming yet just scavenging cities / roaming hordes/zombie and animal respawns are enough.

Heard about maybe updated UI coming bit hopeful on that maybe something that shows hunger / water

Otherwise I am having blast with my "ass" and albino dog. :encouragement:

Heard about maybe updated UI coming bit hopeful on that maybe something that shows hunger / water

Otherwise I am having blast with my "ass" and albino dog. :encouragement:

Can you elaborate on how you got the donkey? Did you find a farmer and completed his quests or did you just find one roaming about? And does it need to be cared for (food/water)?

yes, definitely on every RWG somewhere, since there's a quest for it. it's place is similar like the snow trader in Navezgane map (the trader with the underground well access), only it have butterflies around the encampment and inside the trader building have different furnitures.

to make Rubber, use cornmeal and bottled water in campfire if i'm not mistaken. there should be the recipe available in the tab crafting window.

TYVM, would it be a spoiler to ask how you get the quest? This is definately something I would like to find. Pacco was a great asset to the Starvation team and community, and is sorely missed.

Thanks about the rubber. I guess I was overcomplicating the process thinking that it was more difficult to make then that. LOL

hi there,

We are currently playing on a server with starvation mod and we have the following problems.

some players are unable to tame animals with the pet collar.

even on the single player mode, it is not possible. After reinstalling it was possible, but only in single player mode.

some players are not able to

run the Farm Station even on the single-player mode.

after reinstalling it is still not possible.

hi, Pet collar can only be used to gain ownership of the dog. to tame other animals need to use whip.

farm station need a couple requirements for it to works :

1. have tiled soils around it (i think 8 blocks around)

2. have farm storage that is upgraded into icy storage

3. have working refrigerator nearby (i think within 5 blocks?) with some corn breads inside

4. have the proper seeds stored inside the icy farm storage

5. assigned the farmer to do the task.

- - - Updated - - -

TYVM, would it be a spoiler to ask how you get the quest? This is definately something I would like to find. Pacco was a great asset to the Starvation team and community, and is sorely missed.

Thanks about the rubber. I guess I was overcomplicating the process thinking that it was more difficult to make then that. LOL

the quest will be given by Pacco himself after you found his encampment, he will also gave u a present of desert eagle weapon. the quest from Pacco is to collect some set of figurines for him then he will allow you to go into his underground game room.

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

Can you elaborate on how you got the donkey? Did you find a farmer and completed his quests or did you just find one roaming about? And does it need to be cared for (food/water)?

I believe it's the final reward for the Angler questline.

Just as a side note: dog colars are not used to tame dogs. You use a dog taming pole for that. Dog colars are needed to get "ownership" over a dog. That means that a dog will only accept orders from his owner. You can remove ownership with a whistle command (if you want to trade the dog, for example).

I'm not sure if this is the problem,or if it is something more intricate.

I missed that reply.. So they are basically just cosmetic wandering around? Can you pick them up and relocate them, and do they need to be enclosed so the won't wander away?

I have not used them as yet in the current version.

The big cats could be used to guard your crops and kill the rats.

They don't wander off, by memory you could tell them to stay in an area.

I cannot recall if they attacked zombies, they might have some dog type functionality in this respect but I am not sure.

I haven't seen any command options at all for them... We are using a controller though, and it could be I need to use a numeric kb for commands. I put mine on an enclosed rooftop, and wasn't to put him on the ground to patrol.

Ah yeah the numbers are for commands for dogs (see dog whistle), can't recall if this applied to the other pets (don't think so but it was a while ago), I will have to test them out in the current version :)

Did something change in the way the 16.4 and Starvation mod load up graphics? I was playing on 16.3 and things were great. With 16.4 starvation mod I get major stuttering, even when im just standing still looking at the ground. Other mods and vanilla are fine at the moment.

It feels like something is causing the game to continually reload up all the graphics on the screen every moment..., I am not sure, just wondering. Thanks.

Edited by DreadLordNaf (see edit history)

Did something change in the way the 16.4 and Starvation mod load up graphics? I was playing on 16.3 and things were great. With 16.4 starvation mod I get major stuttering, even when im just standing still looking at the ground. Other mods and vanilla are fine at the moment.

It feels like something is causing the game to continually reload up all the graphics on the screen every moment..., I am not sure, just wondering. Thanks.

Is this on single player or dedi?

some players are unable to tame animals with the pet collar.

even on the single player mode, it is not possible. After reinstalling it was possible, but only in single player mode.

He did not mean to tame, but to take possession of the dog.

We let the player uninstall the entire game including game data.

after that it worked in the singleplayer, but not in the multiplayer. even after deleting the profile data on the server, it does not work.

Therefore our question if a problem is known here or what you can possibly do as a problem solution.

Hi,

there is some kind of bug with the Cooking-NPC. We teached her on a Server to cook Goldenrod Tea. Some Time passed and after a look in the fridge, there where over 18.000 Goldenrodflowers. She startet to cook with 200.

We can only Teach her Vanilla Recipes. Would be nice to teach her all the Recipes ;)

With the other NPC there is a Problem that they despawn below a full fridge with food. Possibly the Range of the fridge is to short for them? Ore they only eat Vanilla-Food? At this Time I don't get it why they despawn after some days.

I just did a driver update with GeForce Experience and now the mod will not work I can launch vanilla just fine and even war of the walkers mod but when i launch this mod it is just a blank screen and something about the

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7_Days_To_Die\StarvationMod\StarvationMod16\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

pops up

Is this on single player or dedi?

Single player.

Hi,

there is some kind of bug with the Cooking-NPC. We teached her on a Server to cook Goldenrod Tea. Some Time passed and after a look in the fridge, there where over 18.000 Goldenrodflowers. She startet to cook with 200.

We can only Teach her Vanilla Recipes. Would be nice to teach her all the Recipes ;)

With the other NPC there is a Problem that they despawn below a full fridge with food. Possibly the Range of the fridge is to short for them? Ore they only eat Vanilla-Food? At this Time I don't get it why they despawn after some days.

So, from what I've been able to glean from my Cooking Crafter: What may be the reason vanilla recipes seem the only ones you can teach is that they don't require multiple steps to complete the process. IE make pasta, make tomato juice, make Bolognese sauce, make the final meal. They may have to be taught how to make each step and then have them only craft the parts until you get enough of the parts to make them make the whole.

As for despawns, here is an excerpt from the Starvation WIKI:

Survivors

Each survivor will need food to survive after recruitment. They will “look” for food on nearby secure refrigerators. If no food is available they will start losing health and will eventually die. The food they need depends on their health:

• If a survivor is not hurt, or very close to full health, they will look for low tier food (cornBread, eggboiled, 1 unit each time)
  • If they are slightly hurt, they will look for medium tier food (cornBread, grilledMeat, boiledMeat, 2 units each time)
  • If they are badly hurt, they will look for high tier food (meatStew, vegetableStew, 5 units each time)

Survivors will also sleep during the night. While sleeping they don’t need food.

You NEED to have available survivors to assign them to specific tasks.

Make sure you have the right food.

Edited by Rags (see edit history)

Could the NPCs randomly disappearing be related to these entities not being set as immune to sickness, disease etc? I know I had a minibike repeatedly "die" from fatigue before in another mod, so it seems plausible, unless their special modded class prevents that.

Air drop

Sorry didn't reply sooner to me the last post showed like it didn't show up I thought it got lost

I'd like to second this. I dont know if it specifically started after 16.3 or was always there but I can say that I get stuttering, sometimes often and significant.

I played with my graphics settings thinking it was a FPS thing. I dropped everything to the lowest graphic settings and it was still there. Then I raised everything to max to see if it would get even worse at that level. To my double surprise:

1) my computer kept at a cool 60fps

2) The stuttering was still there but no better or worse

So as not to focus on the negative, I did learn that my computer can handle a higher graphics setting then I had... so there's that, I suppose.

This is on Single Player as well.

p.s. Even with the stuttering its a great mod.

I'd like to second this. I dont know if it specifically started after 16.3 or was always there but I can say that I get stuttering, sometimes often and significant.

I played with my graphics settings thinking it was a FPS thing. I dropped everything to the lowest graphic settings and it was still there. Then I raised everything to max to see if it would get even worse at that level. To my double surprise:

1) my computer kept at a cool 60fps

2) The stuttering was still there but no better or worse

So as not to focus on the negative, I did learn that my computer can handle a higher graphics setting then I had... so there's that, I suppose.

This is on Single Player as well.

p.s. Even with the stuttering its a great mod.

7D2D is very processor intensive, Starvation make it even more so. What processor you running? Once you have a decent enough videocard, its the processor that becomes the issue. In any event, Starvation runs best when the load is split between a dedi server and the PC client. Starvation is a huge mod, no way around that, and with 7D2D currently not optimized, it makes it worse. Most folks don't have that stutter on PC, but I know what you are referring to as I had that on my older ATI video card. You said you have high frame rates during the stutter, do you have Vsync off as recommended? What are you looking at when it worse? More information would be helpful.