The Offtopic, A17 thread.

Royal Deluxe

You shouldnt put anything because it looks like a promise when you do. Then when it passes it just feels like the promise was broken.

It only looks like promises to those that want it to be a promise. Generally all the dates have some sort of qualifier attach to it. Estimated, Possibly, Maybe, Might, We Hope, and so on. No ones fault but the readers, for not wanting to read those qualifiers that are with it..

Just planting seeds of what might be possible. Too many people gloss over the TENTATIVELY and think that August is a promise.

first it was the HP bar that never advances for months then the attempt comes from July! and now august or ..... many people consider themselves annoying, it is better not to put estimated dates, 64 days since June and not even a gameplay and if they think to postpone another month, so nobody expects this month

It only looks like promises to those that want it to be a promise. Generally all the dates have some sort of qualifier attach to it. Estimated, Possibly, Maybe, Might, We Hope, and so on. No ones fault but the readers, for not wanting to read those qualifiers that are with it..

Guess you've never had a promise broken eh?

Sure! you ever hear of games called Godus? or The Dead Linger? No Man's Sky? Timber and Stone? well at least No Man's sky is, I guess, trying to rectify some things.. So what does that have to do with 7d2d and their estimated dates?

A broken promise.

"if A16 isn't out by 4th of July i'll eat my beard" ( pretty sure that's what MM said but you get my point i hope )

still waiting for video of that happening ....... lol

That video will never be shown.....the beard soundly defeated Joel.

give an estimative: don't give us estimatives if it is to break them. Don't give an estimative: you could at least give us an estimative, we know how to deal with a possibility.

There was an estimate. There is. Its up there, there never was a specific date or any definitive date that the patch was going to drop and no, people dont know how to deal with a possibility, sadly

What promise? there was a promise? Who made a promise? what promise?! promise me you'll tell me!

reading isn't easy, it seems. There has been no promise, no stated date no definitive time frame that the patch was going to drop.

A broken promise.

"if A16 isn't out by 4th of July i'll eat my beard" ( pretty sure that's what MM said but you get my point i hope )

still waiting for video of that happening ....... lol

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52805-Developer-Diary-Alpha-16!!!&p=633005&viewfull=1#post633005

Use google the search on here sucks..

"We don't give dates but <insert beard eating comment>" ;)

Anyhow, still no promises about a release date, only about eating a beard.

.. It would have been a fun YT vid of watching him try. :playful:

There was an estimate. There is. Its up there, there never was a specific date or any definitive date that the patch was going to drop and no, people dont know how to deal with a possibility, sadly

What promise? there was a promise? Who made a promise? what promise?! promise me you'll tell me!

reading isn't easy, it seems. There has been no promise, no stated date no definitive time frame that the patch was going to drop.

You know an estimated time/date is still a promise, I had an uncle that made promises to me all the time to go fishing and he would say ill be there around Noon, That is an estimated time right, Also he didnt even come that day, It wasnt till 2 months later he actually took me fishing. So to me an estimated date is still a promised date.

So, remember when it said "July or August"? If this was a question on a multiple choice test:

When is the release date?

A: July

B: August

The Answer would HAVE to be one of them. there is an unwritten agreement (promise) between teacher and student that the answer on a multiple choice test exists as an option. ... the solution: they shoulda said July, August, or later. But they only gave two options=pending broken promise.

But honestly it doesn't matter to me at this point, i prolly wont play until December.

You know an estimated time/date is still a promise, I had an uncle that made promises to me all the time to go fishing and he would say ill be there around Noon, That is an estimated time right, Also he didnt even come that day, It wasnt till 2 months later he actually took me fishing. So to me an estimated date is still a promised date.

You can believe whatever you want. You can call anything a promise if that is what makes sense to you. However, your chosen definition of a promise is setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointments.

You might think about altering your definition to match what the generally accepted meaning of the word is.

So, remember when it said "July or August"? If this was a question on a multiple choice test:

When is the release date?

A: July

B: August

The Answer would HAVE to be one of them. there is an unwritten agreement (promise) between teacher and student that the answer on a multiple choice test exists as an option. ... the solution: they shoulda said July, August, or later. But they only gave two options=pending broken promise.

But honestly it doesn't matter to me at this point, i prolly wont play until December.

You read the test wrong. It was always:

A: July, unless there are delays

B: August, unless there are delays

There were delays in July and there may yet be delays in August.

You can believe whatever you want. You can call anything a promise if that is what makes sense to you. However, your chosen definition of a promise is setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointments.

You might think about altering your definition to match what the generally accepted meaning of the word is.

Not to Rant out, as I have no problem with change date, but for me it is not about missing estimated date, but it is missing the "Feature Freeze" thing, when feature freeze happens, it happens. Period. But then TFP go for Unity Upgrade, that open the Door for Better Shaders works, and now a "Feature" in Art can be upgrade to better, so they just unfreeze it and start working on it. TFP miss their date because they go for new better looking graphics after they had feature freeze announced.

The thing is TFP knows that even they can improve A17 and A18, and new release of tools will come and go, is it valid to delay release for few month because you can do better, while your fans are waiting for year now. Won't it be more wise to release with same graphics now, and then add new improve art work as ongoing upgrades ? If a Garbage bin look old style, which no-one complains about, goes by what difference it make, but with improved AI people love the game more. Your graphics in old A16 were still better than most other. You already did very good job there.

But oh well, we wait..

For me the wait is bad because A16 was such a huge step back in the AI department, which has a big impact on gameplay. Not even mods could change this enough, and I've played them all. I would've strived to correct this asap, and not delayed the A17 release even further for some graphics improvements, which many won't even be able to enjoy until the game is more optimized. What I love to see in Alphas is more content and better gameplay, but the bandits were delayed once again. The graphics stuff could've also easily been kicked to A18.

Archived