Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Since it's the middle of the night and no one has responded to my post I will answer the questions that I think people would be thinking and here is the truth.

Xeen "I have the recommended computer hardware so I should be able to play the game at max settings at 60 FPS" The answer is still no.

Xeen "What about Vulkan support IT WILL make my "recommended computer hardware" computer run the game at 60 FPS with max settings" The answer is still no.

I didn't say it would be fair, I just said it's the truth.

Vulkan will certainly help though. I currently have a EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with a i7-7700k and on ultra the game will dip to slightly above 40 fps in more congested places like the normal forest or big cities. With Vulkan I guarantee it would be slightly above 60 fps at all times, and at the lowest 55 which you can barley tell the difference from 60.

EDIT: Vulkan will also make things more compatible with Linux users to, which I do duel boot Linux Mint so this would be nice to see. The Linux version really needs some love.

Vulkan will certainly help though. I currently have a EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with a i7-7700k and on ultra the game will dip to slightly above 40 fps in more congested places like the normal forest or big cities. With Vulkan I guarantee it would be slightly above 60 fps at all times, and at the lowest 55 which you can barley tell the difference from 60.

I'm not talking about alpha 16 at 1080p or even 1440p, I'm talking about alpha 17 and it's a whole new ball of wax with new 4k assets that will tax even the best hardware if I understand everything correctly, which I may not and I could be completely wrong here.

An important fact to remember, Alpha 17 won't be fully optimized for performance when it comes out and maybe never, which means even with a serious gaming rig it's getting taxed.

Looks like they have jumped a number of builds in the last few weeks due to bug fixing. I hope they change the ground textures as thats the only thing letting it down on an otherwise great image from MM

I was just talking to my wife about the ground textures and yeah I agree they need updated to be at least 50% if not 100% higher resolution and that cotton was just killing me it looks really bad compared to everything around it.

I got a laptop I could be wrong but i don't think it is high end or anything but I don't feel it is junk either. I don't know what ya think.

Processor- Intel® Core™ i7-7820HK Mobile Processor (4x 2.9GHz/8MB L3 Cache) [GT73]

Memory- 16GB [8GB x 2] 2400MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM Laptop Memory - Major Brand

Video Card- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X - VR Ready

Primary Hard Drive- None

Sound Card- HD Audio with Dynaudio system

Network Card- Killer E2500 Gaming Network

Operating System- Windows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial] - (64-bit) COA

USB Ports- Built-in 1x Thunderbolt™ 3 / USB 3.1 Gen 2 Combo Port (Type-C) + 5x USB 3.0 Ports [Laptop]

Webcam- Built-in HD Digital Web Video Camera [MSI]

Internal Wireless Network Adapter- 802.11 a/c Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo [M.2] - MSI

Media Card Reader / Writer- Built-in SD Memory Card Reader/Writer [Laptop]

M.2 Solid State Drive- 120GB M.2 SATA SSD

Really? It doesn't feel like it has much space and CPU doesn't feel that high. So I wouldn't of called it high end but as I said I don't know lol.

The i7-7700k is still considered very good as a processor. Your i7-7820HK is fairly solid being maybe a tad over 30% slower than the i7-7700k. Wouldn't hurt to up your ram to a 16GB@3400MHz (3200Mhz wouldn't hurt either but the prices seem the same on Amazon) if you don't mind forking over the cash for a slight boost in game performance. Don't know if it would justify a near 200$ upgrade though, that would really be up to you. Other than that everything else is pretty damn good. You also have to consider that laptops don't get the same power as desktops so the hardware has to compensate that with performance.

I got a laptop I could be wrong but i don't think it is high end or anything but I don't feel it is junk either. I don't know what ya think.

Processor- Intel® Core™ i7-7820HK Mobile Processor (4x 2.9GHz/8MB L3 Cache) [GT73]

Memory- 16GB [8GB x 2] 2400MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM Laptop Memory - Major Brand

Video Card- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X - VR Ready

Primary Hard Drive- None

Sound Card- HD Audio with Dynaudio system

Network Card- Killer E2500 Gaming Network

Operating System- Windows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial] - (64-bit) COA

USB Ports- Built-in 1x Thunderbolt™ 3 / USB 3.1 Gen 2 Combo Port (Type-C) + 5x USB 3.0 Ports [Laptop]

Webcam- Built-in HD Digital Web Video Camera [MSI]

Internal Wireless Network Adapter- 802.11 a/c Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo [M.2] - MSI

Media Card Reader / Writer- Built-in SD Memory Card Reader/Writer [Laptop]

M.2 Solid State Drive- 120GB M.2 SATA SSD

The only thing that is going to kill you is the quad core CPU and the dual channel memory chipset, however you should be able to play @ 1440p on high settings and maybe, just maybe on ultra, but I don't know if it will sustain 60 FPS.

That's where the lies start, they tell you that the laptop is 4k ready but what they don't tell you is that a quad core CPU on a dual channel chipset is going to get wrecked on 4k games, it might get a sustained 20-25 frames per second if you are lucky with the eye candy turned down even with that beefy GTX 1080-M.

Seriously they will do anything to sell a computer they are slimy.

Looks great ! is that a foundation behind the dumpster with a house being framed up? just the studs?

our or should i say the tfp's wonderful level designers/builders were all retired from the construction field so its a natural habit <rolls eyes>

and yes it is what you think it is. the crew is amazing with the detail of their pois :)

Really? It doesn't feel like it has much space and CPU doesn't feel that high. So I wouldn't of called it high end but as I said I don't know lol.

Let me make you feel that you have high end, I use Laptop with i5 3rd generation, with 12 GB RAM, 512 SSD on sata, with 880M Graphics, ... it is 3/4yr old machine, and basically a machine not for gaming, but I use it anyways and it runs fine.

The only thing that is going to kill you is the quad core CPU and the dual channel memory chipset, however you should be able to play @ 1440p on high settings and maybe, just maybe on ultra, but I don't know if it will sustain 60 FPS.

That's where the lies start, they tell you that the laptop is 4k ready but what they don't tell you is that a quad core CPU on a dual channel chipset is going to get wrecked on 4k games, it might get a sustained 20-25 frames per second if you are lucky with the eye candy turned down even with that beefy GTX 1080-M.

Seriously they will do anything to sell a computer they are slimy.

Are those things changeable on laptops? Or is that things I have deal with. I know laptops and desktops are different. I picked up a laptop to get me by for a little while until I build another desktop. It just been I think 2000 or 2001 since the last time I built one though.

Are those things changeable on laptops? Or is that things I have deal with. I know laptops and desktops are different. I picked up a laptop to get me by for a little while until I build another desktop. It just been I think 2000 or 2001 since the last time I built one though.

Almost all laptops do not allow you to change processors. They are usually soldered to the motherboard. The most I've seen is being able to change the hard drives and ramsticks.

So how long does reworking the art in the game take, you guys think?

The thing is MM didn't go into detail and gave no date when they started the process and obviously no ETA on completion, so anything anyone says that isn't one of the Devs is a wild guess.

We don't know if they started a couple weeks or months ago and are still on schedule, or if they started this last week and it's going to push it out 2 weeks or a month, we don't know anything.

The thing is MM didn't go into detail and gave no date when they started the process and obviously no ETA on completion, so anything anyone says that isn't one of the Devs is a wild guess.

We don't know if they started a couple weeks or months ago and are still on schedule, or if they started this last week and it's going to push it out 2 weeks, we don't know anything.

Yep, and the last wild guess was totally taken as... THE WORD and now look :)

Archived