Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

From the way I understood it, streamers are getting it NOT on a Friday, but a Monday so they have a week with it, and during that time the bugs they find can be squashed by the devs. From what I heard, they are doing it specifically this way because the devs usually aren't around or most of them aren't around on the weekends to DO that kind of work.

I could have heard it backwards though.

But this gives them a 'business week' to bug hunt, and have a new build out by the following Monday, which is supposed to be the experimental build we scrubs get.

From the way I understood it, streamers are getting it NOT on a Friday, but a Monday so they have a week with it, and during that time the bugs they find can be squashed by the devs. From what I heard, they are doing it specifically this way because the devs usually aren't around or most of them aren't around on the weekends to DO that kind of work.

I could have heard it backwards though.

But this gives them a 'business week' to bug hunt, and have a new build out by the following Monday, which is supposed to be the experimental build we scrubs get.

this is from the q/a of the streamer announcement

Q: If I’m approved by TFP to stream Alpha 17 how do I get access.

A: We plan to send out the access codes to the qualifying streamers on the Friday before the Monday (or Tuesday if necessary) that we will release A17-experimental allowing a full weekend prior to the public release.

You know... The ancient Mayans made a calender of when the world would end(or at least their count). I'm pretty sure every date coincides with us crazy people presing F5 every time just before a new alpha.

Nothing in common with your thought, but I wonder, with all your batstuff around, how haven`t you breached into pimps homes, saying quietly @damn, wrong room, again@ and go away casually. I would tottaly do it. Well, if you are shamefull, pm me ;)

About topic: recently archeologists found more than 60k new structures of mayan civilisation in Guatemala (that is real) . It is getting interested. Release is close.

A: We plan to send out the access codes to the qualifying streamers on the Friday before the Monday (or Tuesday if necessary) that we will release A17-experimental allowing a full weekend prior to the public release.

so what does this mean if they finish what they think they needed to do on a monday it will just sit there for 5 days?

Okay great I just wish they had a final decision on the date this is happening.

About topic: recently archeologists found more than 60k new structures of mayan civilisation in Guatemala (that is real) . It is getting interested. Release is close.

Still waiting on them to discover the predator weapons....

PS: Any news from official sources about how things are going? We've had a looooong radio silent month.

Still waiting on them to discover the predator weapons....

PS: Any news from official sources about how things are going? We've had a looooong radio silent month.

*strange distant clicking noises*

Also they haven't done any archaeological digs in Antarctica.

so what does this mean if they finish what they think they needed to do on a monday it will just sit there for 5 days?

Assuming this works like most software development, "finished" means "we've fixed all the showstoppers, and we are left with an acceptable number of minor issues that we don't mind releasing with".

So the five days won't be spent just sitting there, but will be taken advantage of to stomp on a number of those outstanding minor issues.

Of course, what's more likely is that the decision that there are an acceptable number of minor issues left and the release can happen will take place on a meeting that's held on a Friday, so there won't be those five days.

My guess is that if the streamers reveal any showstoppers over the weekend, they will try to fix it on Monday and release on Tuesday. Otherwise, hopefully we will have it Monday.

Assuming this works like most software development, "finished" means "we've fixed all the showstoppers, and we are left with an acceptable number of minor issues that we don't mind releasing with".

So the five days won't be spent just sitting there, but will be taken advantage of to stomp on a number of those outstanding minor issues.

Of course, what's more likely is that the decision that there are an acceptable number of minor issues left and the release can happen will take place on a meeting that's held on a Friday, so there won't be those five days.

Where are you all seeing 5 days in that answer? Released to streamers on a Friday and then A17E on that Monday or Tuesday and the tuesday has the caveat of "if needed" so I'm assuming that means if there are any major bugs that show up during stream that need squashed. So 3 days maybe 4.

Archived