Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Maybe add an On/Off toggle to the Crafting Menu 'Autosort'.

My understanding of the menu is that it automatically parses every recipe in whichever list is active against player inventory in order to sort the list so the craftable recipes are on top.

And it apparently(?) gets triggered to do that whenever there is a change in the player inventory (output from crafting, player move, etc).

All makes sense, and is very useful early on.

After a few hundred hours most have likely slimmed down to using favs, and know what they're looking for otherwise.

So to combat the menu lag could an On/Off toggle be added to suppress the auto-check & sort loop?

Guest Rassilon
I had a random thought, could you imagine them adding fireworks into the game, shooting a zombie with fireworks would be fun and a great time consumer, firing them into the air would just be pretty lol

or Flare guns. Would have a tactical use too "SOS" and would be somewhat fitting for a Zombie Game.

Minecraft style water would work just fine for 7DTD I'm not sure I understand the whole debate over it, at the very least by using it you would have something workable that you could improve on later if you wish. The mechanics behind minecraft water is solid and a good base to work from.

....mostly....

....Oh god....

- - - Updated - - -

State of Decay 2 will be Windows store exclusive...

Good luck finding survivors through that trainwreck of a service.

I wish they would release it through Steam or other so I could play it... Oh well, hopefully the Store will go the way of windows live... To the grave.

Yeah they wont do well at all if they dont release it on Steam...i dont care what anybody says....MS store is a trainwreck

honestly ghosts would be a cool addition to the game, like maybe only certain things can affect them.... and maybe they can only affect certain things, but otherwise float around. Could be like a ghost busters game in the making

Alot of us have already modded something like this..but they took that away with UMAs Zombies

be prepared for 100 Steves

BOOM

They have not only discuss, but also prototype. (Not concerning whether it works or not)

Well, what do you know. Nice find. I really doubt it will happen like that but I admit I was wrong and Sillls was right. It was talked about for sure. I wouldn’t cling too hard to that statement and wind up disappointed....

But congrats on laying the BOOM down on me. :)

Yeah, I have learned I need to set boundries for myself if I ever become an admin again. I had a solid 2 weeks on the server and made a massive, awesome cabin that was almost complete when the server owner made me admin. My biggest mistake was that one time I decided to cut some corners and create a bunch of repair kits with my god-like powers to keep my auger going... Not an hour later I felt like I cheated myself and took all of the challenge out of the game. I lost interest that night and abandoned the server. It's funny how something so small can ninja kick you in the brain stem and completely change the way you look at something. I was never a big gamer in the past so I didn't really know any better... Lesson learned. I still feel bad for abandoning the server owner though lol.

You just described SP in a Nutshell...its a addiction..they cant help it

i am glad we can run our own servers and make them private....

I gave some people admin once..they abused it and crashed my server multiple times..

from creating to much stuff...it would break the entire map and stuff....

i suggest if you ever run a server...do it on a DID..that way nobody gets God powers at all..not even you..without punching in the commands

But from just reading the forums for so long and see what people Post about this game...i feel as if this game is Built around SP in general.

So the "godmode" was intended....

Only people that ever play this game as it is..is people on Dedicated servers.UNless they have Admin powers and Abuse them.(which most do)

I had a random thought, could you imagine them adding fireworks into the game, shooting a zombie with fireworks would be fun and a great time consumer, firing them into the air would just be pretty lol

There has been so many minor ideas for this..

Fireworks was one of them (like State of decay)

it can be made but you have to do it in a "work around" way

BOOM

They have not only discuss, but also prototype. (Not concerning whether it works or not)

Well, what do you know. Nice find. I really doubt it will happen like that but I admit I was wrong and Sillls was right. It was talked about for sure. I wouldn’t cling too hard to that statement and wind up disappointed....

But congrats on laying the BOOM down on me. :)

Thank you Alphado-Jaki and Roland. :)

I remember stuff but have a hard time finding the information.

I forgot the it was Madmole who brought up the barge. Thanks for reminding me.

Thank you Alphado-Jaki and Roland. :)

I remember stuff but have a hard time finding the information.

I forgot the it was Madmole who brought up the barge. Thanks for reminding me.

there has always been a boat in the game (asset) you just have to set it up

When you mounted the "Raft" you would Run in place while it was moving...

But that goes back to the Old Minibike bug (guy runs while on it)

So chances are the boat dont do it anymore..(maybe)

How you all doing? Looking forward to the release party with you all, damn, I miss IRC, lol.

I think A17 is going to be a huge release, maybe the biggest ever?

Take care, have a great weekend : )

It would have to be on navezgane but imagine if you could make barges you could build on. Then have a really wide river meandering from North to South on the map. Players could make their (limited sized) barge bases and travel the river looting towns (and if pvp attacking other barges ala pirate style). Adding an auto turret or two would help you also.

Arg, me home has been scuttled and sent to davy jones locker.*

*The above line is not indicative of pirates and was used for entertainment purposes only.

Zombies running in circles fixed and overall pathing and movements and actions improved 4/5/18

Cheers

That is technically the second post, or first reply, or first page. At least 2 out of 3. It is good

enough.

Thank you.:02.47-tranquillity:

It would have to be on navezgane but imagine if you could make barges you could build on. Then have a really wide river meandering from North to South on the map. Players could make their (limited sized) barge bases and travel the river looting towns (and if pvp attacking other barges ala pirate style). Adding an auto turret or two would help you also.

Arg, me home has been scuttled and sent to davy jones locker.*

*The above line is not indicative of pirates and was used for entertainment purposes only.

I love it!.

Also if the raft could (dock) with the barge so the player could take both boats with them.

But I would like to know if water is fix yet. I really would like boats in the game but TFP's want to get water right.

Any word on water getting fixed?

That is technically the second post, or first reply, or first page. At least 2 out of 3. It is good

enough.

Thank you.:02.47-tranquillity:

The first post ran out of characters so it had to be split into two. I’ll fix the announcement up top to reflect the fact that changes can be made to either the first or second posts.

The first post ran out of characters so it had to be split into two. I’ll fix the announcement up top to reflect the fact that changes can be made to either the first or second posts.

Yes. That's excellent use of your time.

...come on people... Roland needs to be talking MM into more vids, not being a technical writer.

I’m going to be really plain about this. There currently is no plan for a really big slow moving boat that can be used as a base. I’ve never heard that concept thrown around and in fact floating bases were already in the game for several alphas and ultimately nerfed by design by the devs because....they didn’t want floating bases.

Right now they’re talking about a raft.

Whether that changes to power boats or something more— completely depends on time and resources and....faatal most likely.

I’m not denying that the devs talked about watercraft. They did and they are planning to do it at some point. But what sillls posted was his own wishful thinking and not something that any of the devs have revealed.

speaking of boats can we confirm or deny wether or not fish will be added? and fishing?

i do know they opened up a lot of space in the game with the new mesh system so it would be possible. we wouldn't need anything extravagant like 20 different kinds of fish. except maybe 2? normal fish and ZOMBIE PIRANHAS! so it makes swimming in water more difficult. and you can build a MOTE! AROUND YOUR BASE!!! AND FILL IT WITH FREAKING ZOMBIE PIRANHAS WITH FREAKING LAZER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS!

or i'll just settle for mutated sea bass

speaking of boats can we confirm or deny wether or not fish will be added? and fishing?

i do know they opened up a lot of space in the game with the new mesh system so it would be possible. we wouldn't need anything extravagant like 20 different kinds of fish. except maybe 2? normal fish and ZOMBIE PIRANHAS! so it makes swimming in water more difficult. and you can build a MOTE! AROUND YOUR BASE!!! AND FILL IT WITH FREAKING ZOMBIE PIRANHAS WITH FREAKING LAZER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS!

or i'll just settle for mutated sea bass

I don't really think that your going to want zombie fish in your moat when a major hoard attack. If anything, they could hinder you from getting away if your base is overrun. Obviously they won't attack other zombies.

Not a great idea for anything else ether. PVP players are too smart to dip there toes into that and will find a way around.

Bandits are unheard of and not even an issue at this point.

On the other hand having fish would be a great idea. If anything, for food. But one thing that TFP's will need to work on is keeping them from coming up and swimming on land. ;)

Archived