Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Not only different zombie classes.

But different shirt and trouser colors would already make a huge difference!

They don't exactly add to gameplay, but I agree that these should be rather easy to implement and as such I don't see a reason not to.

Not only different zombie classes.

But different shirt and trouser colors would already make a huge difference!

They don't exactly add to gameplay, but I agree that these should be rather easy to implement and as such I don't see a reason not to.

Yes I agree. I wonder how much effort it would take to modify the zombies appearance but not the body.

I know they do not add to gameplay.

But they add to overall immersion of the game.

My Dad once April Fooled me by saying we were going to Disneyland. I got really excited and then he said "April Fools" and I just went to school that day instead. Trust me. I chose the less anger and disappointment inducing path.

You had the opportunity to be like your dad and complete the circle of misery :)

After reading some back pages I would agree on wanting to see more animals, creatures, zombies or variants on clothing on them.

But I think what the Fun Pimps are working on as I think Madmole said in the videos is Beta 1.

Huge ammount of work has gone in to rebuilding the framework of the game along with updating to the latest version of unity, I think loads changes have gone in code rather than graphical to optimise the game more. Content and other features can always be added in later, it would be great if they added workshop support for modders then I think we would see more of the features like different cars, items, zombies and animals. But think that will all come later once the Fun Pimps get the game ready for it.

I think A17 is going to be like a whole new game in someways and is going to be worth the wait.

I really hope we have workshop support added in future as it keeps games fresh and running for years after they have finished... but then is a game ever really finished ? there is always something else to add or change.

One thing we can be assured of is Funpimps have not let us down as in updates and so many games have been abandoned possibly because it came too much for them or just wanted more money.

3 Cheers for the FunPimps... Hip-hip...

Oh about the HP Bar at the top is it A17 Done and out when filled or experimental relese ?

Can we have a notch on the HP bar at a point where experimental is relesed.

i wouldn't expect A17 anytime soon, the way its been going its not coming out until the summer.

I wonder if they plan to make a bigger version of the Blunderbuss. Like one that has to be mounted on a wall and can knockout whole groups of closely packed zombies. :)

I believe that Lewis and Clark had some mounted on to there keel boat back when they went exploring.

Dear Devs,

is there are chance that you reactivate the static entity spawns for prefabs in A17? I mean it still works on Navezgane but for some reason you've deactivated it for RWG maps (not sure if this is was intended). Sleepers are nice but sometimes you want to spawn the entities directly or you want to place them independently of the voxel grid and use arbitrary rotations (not just multiples of 90° or 45°).

So it would be nice to have both systems available, sleepers and direct spawns, for a17 prefabs.

Sorry, I got carried away, If I didn't care I wouldn't post

The advantage 7d2d still has over most other games is voxel. Being a voxel game opens up potential features that very few other game can compete with.

The underground has not been touched due to frame rate concerns, but this is most likely a strategic error. Mine craft is great because of its interesting underground.

A possible solution is to "pre-bake" the Navazgane map using point of views very high up. This would stop any rendering of most blocks below the surface.

Allowing the user an option to pre-bake parts of their random map might be something to look into.

Dear Devs,

is there are chance that you reactivate the static entity spawns for prefabs in A17? I mean it still works on Navezgane but for some reason you've deactivated it for RWG maps (not sure if this is was intended). Sleepers are nice but sometimes you want to spawn the entities directly or you want to place them independently of the voxel grid and use arbitrary rotations (not just multiples of 90° or 45°).

So it would be nice to have both systems available, sleepers and direct spawns, for a17 prefabs.

Um, yea definitely.

Hi TFP. I just have a couple of ideas I just want to share to add more content to the game. It might look stupid but it's just a suggestion. Thanks.

1) Add different zombie grades like normal, advance, master, epic etc. As the game progresses the zombies become even stronger and harder to kill.

2) Add more horde types like feral hordes, irradiated zombie hordes, vulture hordes etc.

3) More zombie types:

Zombie lord - buffs zombies around it, If not killed immediately it turns zombies around it to become feral after 2 mins.

Zombie golem - eats zombie carcasses making it bigger and stronger. Smashes walls as well.

Zombie with big arms - grabs other zombies and catapults it towards the player.

4) More events/phenomenon.

double bloodmoon event - there's a certain % that another bloodmoon can occur on the following day. Chances increases based on the unkilled zombies from recent bloodmoon event.

solar eclipse - can happen suddenly during the day and the surrounding becomes darker. Bloodmoon hordes appear.

lunar eclipse - zombies become more attracted to light. Irradiated zombie hordes appears.

So is the experimental version of A17 going to release before A17 releases? Anyone beta testing it yet? How is the Vulkan renderer??? <3

1) Releasing it after A17 would be pointless so yes, it will be released first.

2) No. There are some features that have progressed to the point that the developers have asked the internal testing team to start poking at it but most is still in progress and as a whole there are too many parts still under construction to be able to do gameplay testing.

3) I don't know. It's a selectable option in the launcher menu and that is the extent of what I know about it.

Archived