Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

how about being super active in the game and reading the forums regularly but not participating often? is that another minority?

The minority that is around ten times the number of logged on people? I often wonder what they would like to see in the game. Some ideas would probably be awesome.

The minority that is around ten times the number of logged on people? I often wonder what they would like to see in the game. Some ideas would probably be awesome.

some of them using steam forums. btw im pretty sure tfp already have a lot of ideas since the development started, so gathering ideas is 95% done.

hope we can see the results in apr/may in experimental

some of them using steam forums. btw im pretty sure tfp already have a lot of ideas since the development started, so gathering ideas is 95% done.

hope we can see the results in apr/may in experimental

Id rather them take longer on A17 and add compelling content/features like bandits, revamped AI, & underground Zeds/threats

All this time for even the best announced features...like gun mods and more vehicles is meh

Id rather them take longer on A17 and add compelling content/features like bandits, revamped AI, & underground Zeds/threats

All this time for even the best announced features...like gun mods and more vehicles is meh

Don't forget the stag/doe split and the sticking arrows!!!

#completelynewgame

7D2D is probably the best game i've played in many years so here are my thoughts regarding a17:

In any game most important is core gameplay, not some thing that you like to see in your HUD or not, especially with game as highly modable as this one, it's way too early to make any conclusions about final game HUD and it's not needed at this stage, also making most if not all HUD elements optional is quite easy for devs, i wouldn't worry about those health bars at all. Add here that people get used to anything really quickly, add the ugliest possible HUD to your top game and after several days you wont even notice it.

To me core gameplay is surviving, exploring, fighting, building, so what i personally am looking forward is harder to find basic resources like water, food, ammo, fuel, more zombie types and random events, more weapons and items to play with, more traps and options for base building, more POI, NPC factions, stories, quests, especially for stuff that can be done together with friends. And so far a17 looks very promising. Weapon system change is good and mod system sounds very interesting, also its better to find complete guns that can be used immediately instead of finding gun parts all over the place, at some point gun parts become completely useless.

NPC, especially if they are dangerous and will have good AI behind them, will be a great addition to the game and not only for PVE players. It will be hard to balance them but there are many ways to do that and i am curious to see which way will devs choose. Anyway NPC with toothpicks attacking players will bring only frustration and annoyance - they need to be really strong and killing them rewarding. NPCs can bring the most interesting new aspect to the game - a very dangerous and powerful 3rd party with their own lore and agenda, factions, missions, quests, items, skills, all depends how they are implemented. Raiding NPC base with your friends might be very thrilling experience.

Vehicles i don't care at all, for me 2 seat minibike would be enough, gyrocopter is very beautiful way to travel around and enjoy the scenery, jeep makes sense only if my friend can shoot while i am driving it - nice to have but that doesn't add anything unique to gameplay. Maybe NPC pair driving jeep and shooting us can become a players nightmare :)

3rd person view is a cancer for any game, but that's just my preference - 1st person view gives me much better and deeper experience while playing. Both options are valid and is pure player preference so i don't mind if both are possible, i just try to avoid playing PvP if both options are enabled not to be forced to switch to 3rd person.

Seeing more forward momentum in subsistence - developer count: 1

Sadly, if u could pick up the arrows Id consider it a top 3 A17 feature, lol

Sticky arrows is a foundational piece for the new porchipine defense trap that will be coming in. :p

- - - Updated - - -

For me the biggest features in a17 will be the new quest/dialogue system, new mod/buff system and melee system. All of which will open doors to new things and more importantly give the players something to do.

Bandits, sound great on paper but really wont add much to the game without a good quest system and/or mechanic that allows them to become a real threat in the game.

only 9 months passed. probably has more new content behind it than quests and wep mods

Sadly, if u could pick up the arrows Id consider it a top 3 A17 feature, lol

But then this at the very least cuts in half the need to create more arrows. So while cool its another feature that eliminates the need to gather and craft. Although I am sure the gaming experts around here will let me know how wrong I am for having that opinion.

Which proves the old theory that the more devs and programmers you throw at a project, the more complicated it becomes. Plus that guy is super passionate and committed. He recently quit his full time job JUST to work on the game, which I think speaks very well for the future of that game. The Hunters in that game are exemplary and VERy fun to deal with. Hopefully we see something similar if Bandits make it in here.

A+ to NPCs and missions. I think these alone will change the game dramatically for the better. Adding missions gives you alot more to do in game, even if they're just kill this guy or clear this POI. We've been running a mod that adds pretty basic NPCs to the game to get us by as we wait for A17 to drop, which has us excited to say the least. Leading a wandering horde to a bandit base would be epic.

Speaking of minorities..

Is there anyone else here on the forum who regards him/her-self as being active on the forum, even though he/she hasn't played the game since September/October (more-or-less)?

Hi. My name is guppy, and I post without playing.

Can someone start a good argument please? How will I get through the rest of my day without a few wall of text rants to peruse?

pvp is clearly the most important part of the game bring back 5000m sound radii open traders 24/7 take out all of the game options we have now and add this giant list of options i want in my own server, everyone else can just make a mod for whatever they want but i want my settings to be vanilla

take out the starting land claim block in multiplayer, turn up the rain chance to at least 90% of the time, and make it so the weather survival is so extreme that no set of clothes lands you in the comfort zone, but we constantly have to switch back and forth to keep ourselves in the comfort zone more often than not (since putting a coat on will, of course, now accelerate my body temperature from 0 to 100 in 3 seconds flat)

bring gun molds back, and take all vehicles out of the game. put worldgen back to a11 worldgen because it was the best, bring back caves and bears in caves, take out mocap because it's too hard for me to hit anything with the zombies meandering around, thank you

The Gup replied to lil' ole' me. I think it may be the third or fourth time that's happened. I now feel accomplished enough to let the zeds take me.

Don't worry, the aura will soon wear off and then it's all arguments about leveled loot, underground threats and swank moustaches. Im lying. I made that last one up. There is no moustache swankier.

- - - Updated - - -

pvp is clearly the most important part of the game bring back 5000m sound radii open traders 24/7 take out all of the game options we have now and add this giant list of options i want in my own server, everyone else can just make a mod for whatever they want but i want my settings to be vanilla

take out the starting land claim block in multiplayer, turn up the rain chance to at least 90% of the time, and make it so the weather survival is so extreme that no set of clothes lands you in the comfort zone, but we constantly have to switch back and forth to keep ourselves in the comfort zone more often than not (since putting a coat on will, of course, now accelerate my body temperature from 0 to 100 in 3 seconds flat)

bring gun molds back, and take all vehicles out of the game. put worldgen back to a11 worldgen because it was the best, bring back caves and bears in caves, take out mocap because it's too hard for me to hit anything with the zombies meandering around, thank you

2928543-524906464-Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

I have been reading this thread since the beginning and often felt like posting something, but never have for fear of saying something silly and being mocked for all eternity. But now I got my big boy pants on, I believe Guppy calls them diapers, and I am ready join in on the insanity that is the A17 Dev Diary.

From my studies, it appears my first post must be to either whine/complain about how the changes in A17 are not living up to my expectations and that the devs are wasting all their time because I am butt hurt or to ask if there is an update on the release date. Since SnowDog cleary has that first part covered, I will go with the latter.

So...Any updates on a release date for A17?

I'd rather have a robust buff system that gives us many features and freedoms like being able to mod guns, and having the vehicle physics overhauled so we can have more vehicles.

At least they didn't spend this time putting in a couple of NPCs that can shoot at you or dirt zombies....meh.

Your idea of compelling content is different than others. I see the AI fixes and one new digging zombie a tiny improvement compared to what they are actually doing with the buff system, physics, xml ID, Quest system, dungeon pois, and the mocap.

I have been reading this thread since the beginning and often felt like posting something, but never have for fear of saying something silly and being mocked for all eternity. But now I got my big boy pants on, I believe Guppy calls them diapers, and I am ready join in on the insanity that is the A17 Dev Diary.

From my studies, it appears my first post must be to either whine/complain about how the changes in A17 are not living up to my expectations and that the devs are wasting all their time because I am butt hurt or to ask if there is an update on the release date. Since SnowDog cleary has that first part covered, I will go with the latter.

So...Any updates on a release date for A17?

Sorry art. This guy has you beat on Nonparticipant Forum Stalker Prime Minister.

Archived