Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hydraulic

We can't even get temperature to work or get a video and you guys want traps and hydraulics too..lol good luck.

MTFGA

Lets assume i know how a17 will look.

Plan for Hydraulic Trap.

NPC walks on a block. Block triggers Ragdoll + fall. Timer starts sucking HP bar. Some Juicy effects. Voilia La Hydraulics.

Lets assume it's so easy :)

Edited:

Plan for ejection trap,

Block trigers on Z walking over. Z starts ragdolling+ velocity and fly trajectory.....

Z cannonball!

Lets assume i know how a17 will look.

NPC walks on a block. Block triggers Ragdoll + fall. Timer starts sucking HP bar. Some Juicy effects. Voilia La Hydraulics.

Lets assume it's so easy :)

yeah its easy to say. but in reality, A16 took 6+ months. do your math.

giphy.gif

can be very small (1-2 hours), but I did not see anything like it there.

yeah I bought it in the beginning and really liked it, but then they came out with dlc while the game wasn't done and got pissed off, sure hope no other game I back do that!

tenor.gif

Development and Experience

I wonder how many of the players that complain about development time have ever even tried making a game.... ok so going on year 5 maybe even 6 or 7 honestly I think TFP are doing great on progress and not rushing to appease entitled whining brats. After all FFXV from concept to release was close to 15 years and that is from a AAA company, C.O.D. games that don't even change much and recycle most assets from game to game still take 3 years to produce..... Personally I have purchased this game twice one on PS4; and after 800 hours there I built a pc just for this game and have about another 400 there. I have gotten my moneys worth of entertainment multiple times over now and am looking forward to see what this game will evolve into. Thank you TFP

- - - Updated - - -

Is alpha 17 coming anytime soon?

Thanks!

if you go to page 1 on this tread you may find what you are looking for.... just a hint

Your irony is out of place! )

I want to have a parachute to jump from skyscrapers or mountains.

I want to have a parachute when the gyrocopter crashes from vultures.

I do not want to have human catapults and rocket boots, because it's nonsense for post-apocalypse!

But I want a controlled parachute, which can replace the ziplines.

Well which makes more since? Using a sheet and some rope to slow you down or building catapults and rocket boots?

Cracked the code...

I don't want to brag due to my advanced age, but I figured out the bar and now the release!!...(Stares intently at Roland) You add up all the kills of every zombie in every Alpha ever played (Roland keep these individual stats). Then you subtract the gravitational pull of the North Atlantic Ocean during a full moon, then you just add 1.71326 per grass blade in the game, that will convert into minutes per game cycle. Simple really. Took me awhile to count the grass without the Gyro, or I would have posted sooner...Have a good weekend. I think MM is going to give out Roland's cell if your confused by the equation...

First rule of DLC: Don't talk about DLC.

I'm sorry sir. But with your Goldenrod texted name and that title you bear you are not allowed at this time to put the letters C, D, and L in the order that you did. We are currently in alpha and as such you may not, you must not, you will not utter that acronym. Context doesn't matter at all and you just did it twice within the same post. You can be sure that out there right now there are triggered souls who believe that there are now two DLC's on the way that will cost money and be available for purchase before A17 drops. You might as well have said "Season Pass"...

SMH

I don't want to brag due to my advanced age, but I figured out the bar and now the release!!...(Stares intently at Roland) You add up all the kills of every zombie in every Alpha ever played (Roland keep these individual stats). Then you subtract the gravitational pull of the North Atlantic Ocean during a full moon, then you just add 1.71326 per grass blade in the game, that will convert into minutes per game cycle. Simple really. Took me awhile to count the grass without the Gyro, or I would have posted sooner...Have a good weekend. I think MM is going to give out Roland's cell if your confused by the equation...

Did you take into account the Leap Year of 2016? I thought not...

Madmole actually talked about it in one of the first A17 videos.

Here is the video.

well in my defence that was over 4 months ago and no other reference to it has been mentioned. and Joel said it in passing as he entered the house.

You did not say which map you were using. The main one of all of the RG maps.

Also you forgot to take the number and multiply it by pi.

Then add in E=MC squared. I don't know what that has to do with it but it always looks cool when you add it in!:)

Finally do that while standing on your head singing sea shanty's. Then you have it!

Well... either that or you will get a really bad headache! ;)

Archived