Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'd just step on it. They aren't very big.

I know, but that could be amusing to see. Like a zed crawling at your feet then you just bash it to a bloody pulp with your barb club Negan style haha.

That's why you need giant mutant ones.

They dropped the Behemoth unfortunately though. I think such mutant bosses for end game is actually not a "retarded" idea like some were saying in this thread. Why are the pimps no longer going to implement the Behemoth?

That did cross my mind too, but it would seem odd in a zombie game haha. Then again, why not. Zombie dogs, zombie bears, zombie wolves, so why not zombie moles eh. Imagine an undead mole crawling at you while underground, it would be like: holy crap what's that the first time you see it hehe.

no no no undead otters, slightly bigger and actually likes it above ground.

They dropped the Behemoth unfortunately though. I think such mutant bosses for end game is actually not a "retarded" idea like some were saying in this thread. Why are the pimps no longer going to implement the Behemoth?

I disagree and glad its not implemented. I would say "yet" but there is no definitive end game and just throwing some oversized zombies in with some lore is a waste of resources. Once the Navezgane story line is done, it might be a different story, thats so far down the road its stupid to keep arguing for the behemoth now, as far as TFP is concerned its a dead topic.

If they go crazy with underground threats then suspended forts will be only only way to go past day 70 without playing a game of attrition.

Honestly, I'm not so keen about underground threats either. That's why I do hide underground haha. But MM did say no safe place, so it will happen. Then again, we all know he's mad hehe.

Honestly, I'm not so keen about underground threats either. That's why I do hide underground haha. But MM did say no safe place, so it will happen. Then again, we all know he's mad hehe.

Well, I'm not against threats that seem likely: Oxygen, Heat, "Minecraft caves and something in the caves", cave in's and things like that.

But some suggestions left me... disappointed.

where are the towns to loot in Vanilla minecraft? where are the hunting rifles? the sniper rifles? where are the traders? where are the 7 day hordes? not talking mods that can add stuff. where are the blade traps? the dart traps? the electric fences?

you cant really compare them at all. they have vastly different game play concepts. minecraft mobs cant even knock down a wooden door!

no hate on minecraft, my kids and i had 100's of fun hours building things , exploring the world.

i would actually say there were many more things to craft in 7DTD than minecraft. there are certainly many more blocks to build with than minecraft so i dont see how you justify yor statment.

The discussion was:

7DTD doesn't need a story because Minecraft doesn't have one and it is successful.

My point is:

Minecraft offers more things to do than 7dtd.

You can't say that is a wrong statement.

more than 7dtd? you mean modded minecraft. because basic version doesnt offer anything as i remember, maybe it changed since i played it

It seemed like a total barebones game in the gameplay videos I saw. 7 Days is offering more gameplay styles than Minecraft (oh gosh... here I go again haha) and that is an actual fact. As I've been saying, it has strong action RPG elements and I simply cannot think of that type of game as complete without a main quest storyline.

The closer you are to bedrock, the more toxic fumes you inhale making you hallucinate, hearing zombies screaming, sudden flashes of imaginary zombies appear around you.

LOL playing like a mole would be like an acid trip then...

Gazz,

Is it possible to have a "invisible to zombies" buff with the new system?

Like in the walking dead, they disguised themselves with zombie guts and remained undetected for a period of time. It could have draw backs like much higher chance of infection before you "wash yourself".

This is a great idea.

I imagine this like 15 minute buff with 50% chance of infection at the end of it, wouldnt work at all on horde nights. Think could be implemented easily, just dont let us keep the buff up forever. <3 gyrocoptors n airships lol. As to this beta convo i think the main point people are skipping over is A17 is A17 if it sed B1 then itd be beta lol ;) until the A stops being an A it is still Alpha ;) regardless of how close it is.

More like discouraged as far as I'm concerned. So what if some players choose safety. I thought sandbox games were all about freedom.

I categorically reject this sentiment. Do we have less freedom in the wasteland than we do in the forest? Is sandbox gameplay restricted to those biomes that are on the safer end of the spectrum?

This argument that we can’t have underground threats because it’s supposed to be a sandbox game is often stated but ridiculous regardless.

Gazz,

Is it possible to have a "invisible to zombies" buff with the new system?

Like in the walking dead, they disguised themselves with zombie guts and remained undetected for a period of time. It could have draw backs like much higher chance of infection before you "wash yourself".

+1 for this! :)

Cheers

I categorically reject this sentiment. Do we have less freedom in the wasteland than we do in the forest? Is sandbox gameplay restricted to those biomes that are on the safer end of the spectrum?

This argument that we can’t have underground threats because it’s supposed to be a sandbox game is often stated but ridiculous regardless.

*Flips the Coin*

OK! I want my(our) sandbox game to have underground challenge/threats ;) Sandbox game = freedom right? xD

more than 7dtd? you mean modded minecraft. because basic version doesnt offer anything as i remember, maybe it changed since i played it

Modded Minecraft offers 10k times more things to do than 7DTD. You can't argue with that.

Vanilla offers more things to do as well...

more blocks,

more crafting,

more tools,

enchanting

more machinery,

better electricity,

more food,

more plants,

more biomes,

more animals,

dimensions,

bosses,

more mobs,

more npcs,

dungeons,

better mining

Modded Minecraft offers 10k times more things to do than 7DTD. You can't argue with that.

Vanilla offers more things to do as well...

more blocks,

more crafting,

more tools,

enchanting

more machinery,

better electricity,

more food,

more plants,

more biomes,

more animals,

dimensions,

bosses,

more mobs,

more npcs,

dungeons,

better mining

All for no purpose

Edit: Sorry there is one purpose. To stare at that early 80's graphical mess.

So what kind of threats are you talking about? You must have some idea of what you want being so adamant.

Of course not, but why not have both sides of the spectrum, especially since voxel is offering even more freedom? Set your base right in the middle of the wasteland to kill a maximum of zombies if you please, or just hide underground to be totally safe?

You're entirely free to not go underground because you find it boring there, while others are entirely free to shelter themselves to craft in peace.

Archived