Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Let me just stop you right there. Thousands of games is more like it, on most gaming platforms out there. You obviously have no idea of how much experience I was talking about here.

Stop me right there all you want. You still need to look up the word fact.

Your experiences are NOT fact. Your opinions are NOT fact. You want to state something as fact, bring verified numbers or stop yourself right there.

So why don't we just disable posting rights for everyone but you? That would totally make sense!

No way, then I wouldn't have anybody to argue against anymore, haha.

Console influence red flag.... ;)

You got me. Not part of the PC Master Race, so I should have no say at all on a PC Early Access game haha.

You still need to look up the word fact.

Your experiences are NOT fact. Your opinions are NOT fact. You want to state something as fact, bring verified numbers or stop yourself right there.

Alright, let us argue semantics for a moment then. What I meant is "know for a fact" as a figure of speech, meaning that I'm sure of what I said. Not an actual scientific fact, by any means.

Having heard of MM's love of Skyrim and RPG's in general, and having seen for myself what they've managed with voxels, I really hope TFP decided to out-Bethesda Bethesda and make a voxel RPG that far outdoes Skyrim in both gameplay and world-altering potential.

"Bandits are raiding our peaceful village!" [player undermines entire bandit camp until it falls to bedrock] Muhahaha!

Having heard of MM's love of Skyrim and RPG's in general, and having seen for myself what they've managed with voxels, I really hope TFP decided to out-Bethesda Bethesda and make a voxel RPG that far outdoes Skyrim in both gameplay and world-altering potential.

"Bandits are raiding our peaceful village!" [player undermines entire bandit camp until it falls to bedrock] Muhahaha!

Or, [player undermines entire peaceful village until it falls to bedrock]. Problem solved either way. :eagerness:

I was thinking about that as well. Skyrim + Minecraft does sound a lot more appealing to me than Fallout + Minecraft. If they can apply all the expertise they acquired throughout the making of 7DTD to something very similar to Skyrim, sign me up for the kickstarter.

At this point, I would assume the latter. I know I don't expect anything until A17 experimental.

That's what I'm anticipating too, but wanted to double check for an official answer. It seems strange to me to work on a bunch of bug fixes and not push that to the community for user testing. /shrug

-A

So why don't we just disable posting rights for everyone but you? That would totally make sense!

I would prefer not typing and let a superior human being troll, er, type for me. Is he for Airships? It's a struggle to read an entire post of his, so it must all be too advanced for my lowly brain.

That's what I'm anticipating too, but wanted to double check for an official answer. It seems strange to me to work on a bunch of bug fixes and not push that to the community for user testing. /shrug

-A

I see your point, but since they appear to have rewritten so much code/game mechanics it would be a waste of time to push the fixes out if A17 appears close. I'm hoping for the jump to A17.

Roland, any update on if the mini bosses can be modded into blood moon hordes or appear in vanilla version. Id really like more late game challenges and this seems perfect.

This is still very much a WIP. It would require a goldenrod name to comment.

Not trolling, just prone to get caught into arguing really. And Mr. Trolland is in fact trolling me all the time, to get some nasty argument out of me hehe.

No way. I never fish for nasty arguments. My quip about the console influence was just a joke I couldn't resist posting purely because of all the PC Master Race comments we get around here. Of course we want your viewpoint expressed. In fact, I agree with most of what you say about a main quest being important for the game. My only real dissenting opinion with you is that the main story can wait until after release and that we are much closer to beta than you think we are. I also place the sandbox experience of RWG at a much much higher level of importance than any one story line could be.

No way. I never fish for nasty arguments. My quip about the console influence was just a joke I couldn't resist posting purely because of all the PC Master Race comments we get around here. Of course we want your viewpoint expressed. In fact, I agree with most of what you say about a main quest being important for the game. My only real dissenting opinion with you is that the main story can wait until after release and that we are much closer to beta than you think we are. I also place the sandbox experience of RWG at a much much higher level of importance than any one story line could be.

Getting jokes and sarcasm across in text truly is worse than the zombie apocalypse haha. I knew you were kidding about that, and so was I about you trolling me. I know you just like to argue as well, so we go at it ever since I started posting on the forums haha. And I'm totally up to address your posts since they have so much to them that I could go on and on as well, and in fact I do hehe.

MM, Roland, Gazz, I have this question: Can we finally open the map of the world without leaving the transport? It's so simple, sitting in a jeep, or sitting on a motorcycle (minibike), which stands, get a map of the world and something to do with it (see, put a label, etc.).

MM, Roland, Gazz, I have this question: Can we finally open the map of the world without leaving the transport? It's so simple, sitting in a jeep, or sitting on a motorcycle (minibike), which stands, get a map of the world and something to do with it (see, put a label, etc.).

Roland starts with an R so he should be red. Gazz starts with a G so he should be green. And Madmole starts with a M so he should be... mauve?

I have no idea why I just posted this. :p

Archived