1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Are you asking for steam or ice?

Um..STEAM?? No thnx

Although I think ICE would be a must in the winter biomes

What I think he is referring too is the fact that water doesn't flow right and does not seam to correct itself when you break the water blocks by placing a frame and than removing the frame.

Personal Note:

I no longer make any clubs.

Instead I just use the stone axe as it swings much faster and because of that it does more damage in a shorter amount of time DPS wise.

5-6 swings in the same time it tales to swing 2 times with clubs.

Not to mention the cheaper cost of making it.

Personal Note:

I no longer make any clubs.

Instead I just use the stone axe as it swings much faster and because of that it does more damage in a shorter amount of time DPS wise.

5-6 swings in the same time it tales to swing 2 times with clubs.

Not to mention the cheaper cost of making it.

The stone axe has an attack speed of 0.8 with 4-10 damage (based on quality) and a headshot multiplier of 5. This gives it a headshot dps of 16-40.

The wood club has an attack speed of 1.33 with 8-14 damage and a headshot multiplier of 4. This comes out with a headshot dps of 42.56-74.48.

The lowest quality wood club has a higher dps than the highest quality stone axe. A the difference is even greater for attacks that aren't headshots.

The stone axe has an attack speed of 0.8 with 4-10 damage (based on quality) and a headshot multiplier of 5. This gives it a headshot dps of 16-40.

The wood club has an attack speed of 1.33 with 8-14 damage and a headshot multiplier of 4. This comes out with a headshot dps of 42.56-74.48.

The lowest quality wood club has a higher dps than the highest quality stone axe. A the difference is even greater for attacks that aren't headshots.

your calculations are a bit off

stone axe: 5x4-10 =20-50

wooden club: 4x8-14=32-56

and your forgetting the swing factor which to me seems wrong as I know that if I get on a zombie that has fallen right away i can swing 6 times with the stone axe and only twice with any other club.

so now lets take it to the next level

stone axe: (20-50)x3 swings=60-150

wooden club: (32-46) x1 swing =32-46

and 1 swing with any of the other clubs does not beat that of the 3 swings with the stone axe except only equal to with the spiked club :)

your calculations are a bit off

stone axe: 5x4-10 =20-50

wooden club: 4x8-14=32-56

and your forgetting the swing factor which to me seems wrong as I know that if I get on a zombie that has fallen right away i can swing 6 times with the stone axe and only twice with any other club.

so now lets take it to the next level

stone axe: (20-50)x3 swings=60-150

wooden club: (32-46) x1 swing =32-46

:)

Don't drink and maths kids. I applied attack speed completely wrong.

Wood club - (8-14) / 1.33 * 4 = 24.1-42.1

Stone axe - (4-10) / 0.8 * 5 = 25-62.5

Despite you still being wrong about how often you can swing the stone axe verses the clubs, you are right about the dps being higher against the wood club. However this becomes a totally different story for the barbed club and up, as the base damage and headshot multipliers make them definitively higher.

Um..STEAM?? No thnx

Although I think ICE would be a must in the winter biomes

What I think he is referring too is the fact that water doesn't flow right and does not seam to correct itself when you break the water blocks by placing a frame and than removing the frame.

That was a joke, man. Steam and ice are different states of water and the guy was asking about reworking.....oh never mind....

Yes, I too hope the water physics get some love.

Why is it that both the Behemoth and Zip lines are on the cutting room floor? In other words, being cut out of the game?

I mean Madmole showed us a video of a working model of Zip lines just before Alpha 16 came out. From what we could tell. It was working good. Last I heard, it just needed a bit more work and was coming out in this Alpha.

The Behemoth I think that I even saw a hint of that in a video that Roland posted around veterans day.

Both seemed very promising so why the hatchet?

I mean I did not hear anything about any real problems with it. Now this comes right out of the blue? Why?

Here's a suggestion: why can't we have seasons in 7 days? Snowing animation already isn't contained by snow biome borders. If i enter snow biome it appears to be snowing in adjacent biomes also. Make this effect global and tweak the temperature fluctuation and you've got winter.

I am glad the Behemoth is gone but I really wanted the Zip Lines, it is too bad it did not work, steal it from Far Cry.

I'm also glad Behemoth is gone. Zip lines looked cool but I wonder how much we would use them ?

If I want to go any distance or escape I would rather take my Minibike for the storage.

Why is it that both the Behemoth and Zip lines are on the cutting room floor? In other words, being cut out of the game?

I mean Madmole showed us a video of a working model of Zip lines just before Alpha 16 came out. From what we could tell. It was working good. Last I heard, it just needed a bit more work and was coming out in this Alpha.

The Behemoth I think that I even saw a hint of that in a video that Roland posted around veterans day.

Both seemed very promising so why the hatchet?

I mean I did not hear anything about any real problems with it. Now this comes right out of the blue? Why?

I understand your inquisitiveness on why these features are on the cutting room floor but i imagine and speculate that there is not a simple paragraph reply that can be constructed to provide any depth to the explanation why.

Maybe it will take a volley of questions and answers that there simply isnt time for.

As i have mentioned before i think this is a partial reason why MM has decided not to show experimental features that might not make it into the build.

I dont know if it will be explained why they are not being used, eventually i think possiblly it will be explained for the behemoth and ziplines.

I sure everyone wants to learn as much as they can about the development process and MM and the team wants to share as much about as they can but with in the limits of not taking too much time away from developing the game.

i made a base in one of the metal towers. the other day when i looked at the building next to me i thought it would be great to have a zip line to the roof. as a means of quick escape or just to get to the roof quick so i can snipe the damn screamers... its too far for a bridge without support. so meh i will just have to live without it.

as for the player being able to craft some sort of parachute or para glider airfoil... good luck with that , have you ever seen one?

Archived