Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I wonder what the lighting situation on the bike will be ?

As far as i know mining hat light is auto switched off and on when on and off the minibike.

So bike maybe difficult in low light conditions which i dont think is a problem or maybe it will let you use you mining helmet if you have one.

As regards storage i think it could have a slot of one space , i would say none but one space to store meat seems fair and not making the gap to step up to the minibike not seem that much of an improvement.

Maybe the choice of putting a either a choice of flashlight or a 1 space coolbox on the front would be fair.

No, and no.

We are working on concepts for the 4x4. It is not in production. In general, larger tires = easier to implement with the new physics system for vehicles so the design favors trucks before we do cars. The plan is to implement everything we've had sitting around first, so minibike, bicycle, hog, and then gyro copter, after that a 4x4 or off road vehicle, hopefully. And somewhere I want to shove a horse into the mix as well.

No cars at all and No 4x4 for A17.

A concept for a 4x4 has been drawn by one of the artists but that doesn't mean it will ever see the light of day. The derelict cars are not planned to be driveable.

Thanks.

10. Atto nose picker.

11. And a beard trimmer.

We are working on concepts for the 4x4. It is not in production. In general, larger tires = easier to implement with the new physics system for vehicles so the design favors trucks before we do cars. The plan is to implement everything we've had sitting around first, so minibike, bicycle, hog, and then gyro copter, after that a 4x4 or off road vehicle, hopefully. And somewhere I want to shove a horse into the mix as well.

This is awesome news. Highly recommend the flight characteristics of the Gyro in Arma 2 EPOCH if you're looking for an established reference point. It's based on the Arma heli flight system so really any of the Arma heli's are a good reference.

Hmm, how's this for an idea:

1. Craftable base, wheels and then existing blocks for shape.

2. Then stick on whatever many engines to make it go. Possibly guarded by size or weight.

3. Crazy car/4x4/whatever...

Just a thought... Actually never mind :D

no no not craftable base cuz that implies you can "hide" inside on horde night. I think a portable crafting room (with all benches and mixers) is more like it.

no no not craftable base cuz that implies you can "hide" inside on horde night. I think a portable crafting room (with all benches and mixers) is more like it.

Huh? How would a base (i.e. bottom of vehicle) automatically imply you could "hide" on horde night?

To clarify further:

I don't mean "base" as in a full base... ;)

Wait a minute cars have been the first implemented vehicle long before the minibike I haven't looked in a while but there was a way to turn them on and get in and drive them in previous alphas. I know they were Wonky and would blowup if you hit a bump......

But to say they are last when they were really first is confusing me?

Wait a minute cars have been the first implemented vehicle long before the minibike I haven't looked in a while but there was a way to turn them on and get in and drive them in previous alphas. I know they were Wonky and would blowup if you hit a bump......

MM stated the reasons.

Do you find it difficult to travel cross country on the minibike due to obstacles like rocks, trees, bushes, etc?

Imagine trying to do that in a car which is larger and low to the ground.

Something with better ground clearance to clear brush and trash piles and larger tires to just roll over stuff, will work much better.

There has only ever been one implemented drive-able vehicle and that is the minibike. If what you are claiming actually was possible it could only have been so through modding somehow. You saying that cars were first when they were in fact never implemented at all is what is confusing. You saying that they are last is also inaccurate as Madmole has just said that the wrecked cars will never be able to be driven but that there is a slight chance we might see a 4x4 off-road vehicle but that's it.

What TFP actually does have are developed assets for a large motorcycle, a pedal bike, and a gyrocopter. So that's why they are going to go with those vehicles before they consider any others. It seems the pedal bike will be the first of those to be implemented.

There has only ever been one implemented drive-able vehicle and that is the minibike. If what you are claiming actually was possible it could only have been so through modding somehow. You saying that cars were first when they were in fact never implemented at all is what is confusing. You saying that they are last is also inaccurate as Madmole has just said that the wrecked cars will never be able to be driven but that there is a slight chance we might see a 4x4 off-road vehicle but that's it.

What TFP actually does have are developed assets for a large motorcycle, a pedal bike, and a gyrocopter. So that's why they are going to go with those vehicles before they consider any others. It seems the pedal bike will be the first of those to be implemented.

I believe he is thinking of Rust, which in the very early alphas had a drive-able car.

I believe he is thinking of Rust, which in the very early alphas had a drive-able car.

Long, long ago, many, many Alphas past in the before time, before RWG & Blood Moons, before the Mini Bike, there was speculation.

The undamaged Cars in the game were movable if you bumped into them & you could see the steering wheel move. It was assumed that they would be drivable but then we got the M/B, we all are a bunch of ASSumers.

I think Wardronex was talking about the video about a drivable car in the game. It was a mod, using one of the cars in the game. It did not work well but the video did show that the player could get in it and drive it around some. Well it moved a little bit anyway.

But your right. TFP's never implemented drivable cars.

Correction: I just checked and there are several videos of modded cars in the game.

Archived