Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Your right, I dont remember seeing anyone complain. However, the look makes the world feel more lived in.

Also, I'm sure the change required relatively less dev time to complete as it was probably just a graphics/modeling task.

Could it be more immersive and interactable? Sure it can but at what cost/trade off?

If I had to guess, the art guys probably had time in their schedule for the task so they decided to do it so they were not left sitting around doing nothing.

Perhaps lazy development to you. Efficient and value add time spent to me.

The lazy part is they're optimizing by making the world static, instead of actually optimizing. Sure, more blocks makes the world look better. More interactive blocks, makes the world more world like.

It would be a long game with just that plot, no need to stretch things out. Because to fight the aliens you will need a large groups and somehow get advanced weapons and armor to fight them on a even footing. That's enough for a part 1 and a part 2 or 3 even! :D

I remember talk of actually adding in Aliens... I ca't remember how it came about?

I know there used to be a sound in the game which seemed a lot like a alien craft flying by. I am not sure if it was a sound glitch or what but I do remember there being talk of aliens

Whether it was a joke because it was a sound glitch or if it was not a glitch and they were going to introduce them because of Enderman in Minecraft IDK.

I do remember another discussion of there actually being a story driven type thing found in books and notes etc.

I also remember TFP saying their Zombies were Unique and were controlled by some sort of Necromancer at around that time.

I think that may have come up because of the freeaky whispering you would hear from time to time.

Alas these sounds are gone and the Zombies as far as know... The most recent thing they said was that the zombies came about because of radiation.

If it does not matter then name one such container.

Right now you are using a lot of words to provide no trackable information.

The answer is all containers..... IDk what to tell you I have many different containers that when I search them there is absolutely no loot inside.

I have had cabinets, cars, trash bags, file cabinets, dressers, desks, safes,bird nests... etc.etc.

I can give you a list of all containers if that is what you are looking for? ( but I am sure you have that list already)

Seriously just play the game and I guarantee there are containers with no loot.

That's basically how I read it, with interpretation, but then faatal wrote...

And I wondered if that was a more clear description of what was actually implemented or if this quote from Faatal is a separate change to AI destroy area mode.

They are separate. One is a trigger for destroy area. They other is changes to destroy area finding blocks.

MM was talking about aliens being the cause of the Zed's... He was trying to explain the behometh at the time, and the fact that it looked like crap.

Nah the behemoth was before the claim of Radiation zombies.

But the talk of Aliens was actually way way before the Behemoth It was before RWG even it was back when there was still a crafting grid and before they turned the voxels on there side.

I am going to say it was between Aug. 2013-Feb.2014... around that time.

I am playing on 17 stable. I thought the motorcycle ( new one) was fixed. I am playing vanilla Navezgane, and on single player. I had my motorcycle full of loot, and I died on the construction site while looting. My motorcycle was the next building over. I re-spawned back at my base and took a bicycle back down to where I died. On the map was the motorcycle symbol. Well, I get down to where I died, my bag is there, along with the air drop before I died, but no motorcycle. What the f$_k? I thought this bug was fixed. I am so %#/#&> disappointed right now, because I never seen anyone posting a lost motorcycle in single player vanilla. ÷/&*:$$^** fix these #%^& bugs. Holy $%^*!

There is a whole thread about it here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103165-Are-vehicles-still-disappearing

Changes make bugs and vehicles have had a lot of changes. There are vehicle fixes in 17.1 experimental.

How do you make that concrete slab you build all the stuff upon so quick?

? i have a prefab that is allready placed in a world.

Its easy to change the prefab and start a new game (startspawn next to the prefab)

Thats version 1, version 2 has only the central tower and no ramps (i test all the ramps to find one that allow good defense but feels not cheesy)

280F64579E78229A50D67A6FF1319AE3D26D94BF

Version 2

44E276D8015853A7B6E5A0E1C567B5EC6800C587

I think I know what causes this. When you make a POI, you can place spawner blocks underwater, but they won't spawn. The addition of a frame above the water probably triggered the availability of a spawn location.

POI spawn locations don't move. They are specific invisible blocks that are the only valid locations a sleeper can spawn at. A zombie appearing at a normal location is probably the world spawner randomly adding one, but it should not spawn in that close, so could be a bug.

Heyyyyyyy, quick question folks I get pauses in game like a big stutter like once a minute ...

Probably more so when in a POI...

Its so annoying and I wonder if I can reduce or stop this issue... ?

Its not a graphical issue, I am playing comfortably over 40 fps (60+ most times).

Probably the garbage collector, since we force it to run every minute. The collector blocks the main thread and it has to run at some point. We discussed it last week and I did a few experiments, but our best option seems to be Unity 2019.1, which is supposed to have improved GC that can be set to run in the background (not make a big lag spike).

Archived