Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Looks like you have flannel shirt highlighted in first pic and have mouse on sweatshirt.

In second pic looks like you have sweatshirt highlighted and mouse on flannel shirt.

Highlighting the flannel shirt (6 cold) and putting mouse on sweatshirt (9 cold) it shows that the one you are mousing over is 3 better than one you have highlighted.

Highlighting the sweatshirt (9 cold) and putting mouse on flannel shirt (6 cold) shows the one you have the mouse over is 3 worse than the one you have highlighted.

It's the other way around actually.. and it works this way when the item is equipped. Comparing Selection and Mouse Over seems to make sense.. but when mousing over something you can wear, while already equipped with something is totally wrong.

I'd like them to work on more important stuff too, but instead, they worked on making static blocks in an interactive voxel world...

Um well if they did like you asked we'd have "dead linger." Early access at its worst. They had doors, furniture and much more interactive objects within the environment. It was cool at first but it lost its appeal very quickly, especially because there was nothing else to do in that damn game.....except open doors and move furniture with mouse drag....yay fun?

:p

I disagree. I think with the upcoming options for blood moon frequency, player, zombie and blood moon zombie block damage, xp slider combined with the new run/walk settings we'll be able to attract the minecraft builder casual and the hardcore survival gurus. PVP will be more viable than ever too.

on the building front, are we going to see more textures added to the paint array?

how about more default craftable blocks and decos since the recipe lag has been eradicated?

It's the other way around actually.. and it works this way when the item is equipped. Comparing Selection and Mouse Over seems to make sense.. but when mousing over something you can wear, while already equipped with something is totally wrong.

I am missing something then. Not seeing where each item is and where the cursor is is throwing me off but it does also work the way I described it.

Not looking to move stuff around, but if there's a door, yeh, I wanna be able to open/close it.

Right now, I can loot a poi pretty quickly, despite the "hidden" sleepers (rafters, cupboards, false floors, been there, seen it, got the t-shirt) because it's so easy to spot a loot container that might actually contain stuff.

The change was dumb. They could have left it as-is; I don't recall seeing anyone complain about it before.

try this....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27080[/ATTACH]

I was wondering what all of that was for, thank you Joe.

We barely tweaked it. BARELY. Its a placebo effect more than anything. You guys are just getting better at the game and most complaints were invalid in the first place due to lack of communicating how the system worked. They like it because we said we adjusted it, you don't like it because we said we adjusted it. The actual adjustment was very small. Its all in everyones head. There was no battle to lose or win. Just time is all that changed. You guys got better and now its too easy, they got better and now its acceptable.

Yeah I, being one addicted to brutal challenge, agree with you there. I lost a bit of stamina (max) after meleeing a small horde mixed with a few rads. It was... a miniscule difference, but I still lost some stamina. I think that was just a knee-jerk reaction, and fear of the game turning as easy as A16 was.

Yeah you're not the only one. I just cleared a massive poi on day 1 using only melee and power attacks. Killed 40 zombies. There's a miniscule part of my stamina bar turned black.

Looks like the casuals won this fight. Alas.

The consumption rate did not change at all. You start with a full food bar of 150 instead of 100 so you can start complaining 1/2 to 1 day later. =)

Also, communication/visualisation was improved a lot. Clarified descriptions and journal entries (if players were capable of reading) and no longer using some invisible tracking value for food and water.

And what MM said. A lot of the early complaints were players Doing It The A16 Way. So they failed miserably. By now the new information has somehow wiggled into their thick skulls so the game is Way Too Easy again.

It can never possibly be them. It's always the game. =)

if zombies do too much damage and traps don't help, there is no point in having traps at all.

In my opinion, its fine that at one point late in the game you can be 99% save in your base without spending the other 6 days collecting stuff to repair everything. Otherwise, its pointless to build bases and traps, if you can make use of them.

And maybe at one point you just want to sit , craft or build your nice shiny Eifeltower.

We barely tweaked it. BARELY. Its a placebo effect more than anything. You guys are just getting better at the game and most complaints were invalid in the first place due to lack of communicating how the system worked. They like it because we said we adjusted it, you don't like it because we said we adjusted it. The actual adjustment was very small. Its all in everyones head. There was no battle to lose or win. Just time is all that changed. You guys got better and now its too easy, they got better and now its acceptable.

if the developers implement the sliding bars to adjust in the menu of creation of maps:

1- The exp that the zombies give

2-The amount of biome that will generate

3-Quantity of minerals

4-Frequency in which the wandering hordes appear or attack

5-Number of Rivers on the map

6-Frequency in which one is thirsty or hungry (the skills help the same)

with which you can adjust all this with a slider in the create worlds menu, you will end the headaches of the developers and the casual or veteran players will not have anything to complain about anymore

if zombies do too much damage and traps don't help, there is no point in having traps at all.

In my opinion, its fine that at one point late in the game you can be 99% save in your base without spending the other 6 days collecting stuff to repair everything. Otherwise, its pointless to build bases and traps, if you can make use of them.

And maybe at one point you just want to sit , craft or build your nice shiny Eifeltower.

What difficulty are you playing on? Insane^2? I'm on survivalist and iron spike traps work just fine. And Gazz, another reason why TFP is my current favorite dev team lmao. It's so true, some are so stuck on A16.

What difficulty are you playing on? Insane^2? I'm on survivalist and iron spike traps work just fine. And Gazz, another reason why TFP is my current favorite dev team lmao. It's so true, some are so stuck on A16.

I think part of the problem is that the difficulty of a blood-moon horde is significantly higher than day-to-day hordes. To make the day-to-day hordes a challenge means ramping up the difficulty which in turn makes blood-moon hordes deadly.

Vanilla game play only mod was to remove all experience from everything. thats right NO ppints or skills at all.

Day 21 still able to survive and build adequate defenses to hold off the horde.

Forgot to add I changed the GSbloodmoon horde to only spawn at a guessed level to each night.

basically i said 3 levels per day for 7 and 14 and upped it to 4 levels per day for 21

My fully modded game all experience left in except gave 2 skill points per level. Blood moon Zombies break through defenses from below sides and above.

I can still survive them just that I have to change floors and fight the spider Zombies face to face and the vultures also.

1 thing in this version that I am puzzled to no end about is the fact that all the wounds I take are happening to my stomach.

Bear with me and follow my train of thought.

Eating and taking pills restores health. But not back to full unless you bandage first.

There for all my wounds must be in my stomach and the bandage is to plug the wound so that the ingested health items do not fall out the wound.

Let me stop those who are going to say medicated bandage and first aid kit. The bandage is still involved in both cases as the Kit takes a bandage to make.

My impression is that the loot percentage affects the amount of loot found in closed containers - not the ratio of closed containers to open containers. So you'd still have, say, 50% of the containers being empty, but the 50% that are closed would contain 100% more loot.

I could easily be wrong though.

Nope. first you misunderstood and second you misunderstand.

The XML states all containers are 65% open to 35% closed. that is the first # to work with 35%

Next the 100% loot I set it to. it really doesn't matter as this has always been a broken system since alpha 1.

The fact is that no matter what you set the loot amount too(25%-200%) there is a certain % that they will be empty.

I said at 100% it is 1/4 empty.

so I subtracted that from the 35% to get 27%

75% of closed containers with loot set to 100 will have loot.

But of all the containers to spawn open or closed to actually be closed and have loot. is 27% and I was a bit generous with all my estimations as if I actually sat down to do the real math it would be a bit lower.

Just because you can not loot the container because it is open does not mean that is not a container that could have spawned in closed and be lootable.

DO this go to a poi and count both open containers and closed containers and containers that you loot and were empty.

I bet if you do that 10 times and do the math you will find I am close.

if the developers implement the sliding bars to adjust in the menu of creation of maps:

1- The exp that the zombies give

2-The amount of biome that will generate

3-Quantity of minerals

4-Frequency in which the wandering hordes appear or attack

5-Number of Rivers on the map

6-Frequency in which one is thirsty or hungry (the skills help the same)

with which you can adjust all this with a slider in the create worlds menu, you will end the headaches of the developers and the casual or veteran players will not have anything to complain about anymore

That is going to be a nightmare for modders to balance. Maybe that's the point? If so, and if there are going to be multiple lines of duplicate code in xmls marked with symbols to note a difficulty setting I guess I would rather know now before sacrificing more time to a hobby that has no real future.

So, I was in the watery basement of a POI, and in order to get out of the crater, I had to place some frames to jump on. I placed one just below the level of the floor, and behold, a zombie spawned on top of it.

Just, you know, saying...

Archived