Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

AI pathing is better in A17e, but I've noticed it's not perfect. Is the AI pathing only improved for bloodmoon hordes, or should it be applied to all zombies?

If it should be applied to all I might need to make a post in the bug thread as I had a zombie start hitting a wall to go through it, but there was already a doorway right next to the wall it decided needed to go.

my new meta is

Start game new until you spawn in desert

Make Shovel

Dig down next to trader (in the nights)

Rest of day, play arcade Zombie slaughter and try to find food on your way. Sadly day 5 and i not even have a pot.

But understand me right, i still have no meaning about the difficulty. i played arround 10 Hours now and thats too less for a decent meaning. Only thing that annoys me like hell and made me quit the game until now 5 times is the damn "out of stamina".

No fun to stand in the front of a zombie and wait for a bar to fill up.

The higher difficulty (specially more roaming zombies) is i guess nice btw. but as i said, too early for a reasoned meaning

So not all Traders have a working forge for you? I am very lucky then as they have 3 things working every time.

I had built concrete blocks and started on reinforced concrete by end of Day 2! (120 min days, so..)

For melee stamina:

1) Make sure your water is 100%

2) Buy the two perks that boost stamina and reduce stamina loss.

AI pathing is better in A17e, but I've noticed it's not perfect. Is the AI pathing only improved for bloodmoon hordes, or should it be applied to all zombies?

If it should be applied to all I might need to make a post in the bug thread as I had a zombie start hitting a wall to go through it, but there was already a doorway right next to the wall it decided needed to go.

AI stupid. Zombies now do not bypass the railing, do not go down the stairs, but break the block under them

I'm thinking that I don't want to play A17 solo. With more zombies and improved AI, it's really difficult to watch your back. I love the role-play of it though!

Anyway, my new rule for the apocalypse: Always take a buddy.

(And, Aldranon, Jedi don't use sledgehammers.)

The bow is silent, but arrow hits do make impact sounds.

Also, stealth x2 projectile damage does not actually do any bonus damage. That fix will be in next build.

Why would a sound made 30ft from me where the arrow hits affect my stealth meter? (I haven't been following this discussion closely so sorry if this question is silly in context.)

Helps for me. Maybe you need better PC components. Currently on i7 6700 + 1070 with 32GB ram.

It's a Voxel so, if you're in some kind of City, or high ground you're rendering excessive blocks.

Or maybe you need to straighten the hands of developers? In the A16 was all acceptable.

Yeah my settings aren't the best. Still being able to play the game with 15-20 fps though, and the stuttering is gone!

I really struggled with the fps and motion sickness when I started A17. I usually do not run Vsync but had to turn it on to get rid of the motion sickness feeling. Unfortunately 15 fps was all I could get and 10 in buildings. Kinda a sucked.

However using the Geforce experience program to "optimize" my settings it recommended lowering my resolution (1920 x 1060 I think). I did so fearing I would lose quality (I play on a 70" screen). Not only did I not notice any difference in graphics (game looks amazing btw) but my fps jumped to 30 even in buildings)

On top of that I decided to turn of Vsync after changing the resolution and BAM! my fps jumped to 60 or better on average with almost all other settings on Max (Geforce 1060, i5 and 16GB Ram)

I was considering attempting to overclock but don't see the need to try it now. Hope this helps anyone struggling with fps drop.

As much as I hate the death debuff...I think it's needed. Good decision Joel. PS...loving the game, yeah there's quirks but my group is having a freaking blast. Once I turned off shadows I get anywhere from 40 to 80 fps with 8700k and rx480. 25 to 60 fps with shadows. Cheers

Or maybe you need to straighten the hands of developers? In the A16 was all acceptable.

yeah i love how are people here who think having having more fps in crysis 3 on ultra in 4k than in 7 days to die is fine just disable shadows that will do it while the game freezes everytime you step in a poi

One thing that irks me is new animations, swinging for everything is incredibly slow, especially Stone Axe. Miss the old swing rate.

Buy the flurry perk.. you'll be swinging like a madman. The perks really make a huge difference in the melee gameplay, as well as resource harvesting. I'm really liking them, BUT I DO miss levelling stats based on use (increasing mining by mining) Ideally, I'd like a combo of what we have now, and maybe 20% add back the old level stats buy action system.

That way the perks really have the weight, but the actions also add stat increasing value.

For multiplayer I almost want even less xp progress from not being with the other players.. the bonus teamplay xp system REALLY encourages teamplay, instead of everyone just off doing their own thing.

For single player with no one else on though, you do need to get at least what we are getting now.

I'm thinking that I don't want to play A17 solo. With more zombies and improved AI, it's really difficult to watch your back. I love the role-play of it though!

Anyway, my new rule for the apocalypse: Always take a buddy.

(And, Aldranon, Jedi don't use sledgehammers.)

Can I be your buddy?

I know rocks 'n stuff.

yeah i love how are people here who think having having more fps in crysis 3 on ultra in 4k than in 7 days to die is fine just disable shadows that will do it while the game freezes everytime you step in a poi

Love further. What does the shadow? A huge number of players confirmed the fact of the fall of the FPS. Changing the settings does not help. The problem is in the game itself.

Drama queen ?

The truth is i had 2 heart attacks.

When i play A17 i have really chest tightness.

Maybe its really time to leave the 7D2D train.

What you name "Difficulty" i name painfull cumbersome.

That has nothing to do with easy or a challenge.

Maybe the fun pimps should rename to "The anti fun pimps" if its not possible to make a game challenging without "out of stamina"

If you already had two heart attacks, why would you play a scary survival game at ALL? That makes no sense, unless you are playing it on the most easy mode.

A friend had a heart attack playing a wii for the first time. When he got back from the hospital, they gave it to another family.

If something affects your health you just stop doing it period. Diabetes almost killed me 8 years ago. Not only did I beat it's @$$ after 3 years, but after another 5 of diet and activity management, I'm now off all meds for cholesterol, high blood pressure, ect. And I'm almost 61 now.

Don't push yourself, and learn to improve your health.

...and buy the flurry and head damage perks.. ;)

Archived