Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hey I'm back! Anyone want to 69 with a zombie?? Seriously I freaking LOVE THIS GAME. How can you not! Its an super fun do whatever the F(*$& you want type of game. And I literally haven't been as addicted since all the ES games. I just can't help be extremely disappointed again and again. I truly think the devs are and will learn a lot as a team. And I really want them to make the best possible game, it's just torture how slow things are. Yes I know its in Alpha but do you really think the way they function as a whole will improve much when they go into Beta and then gold? I for one are sooo freaking happy they hired more people. A lot of people were asking for that long before they actually did. Sometimes if you want change being quiet and saying/doing nothing doesn't work.

69 with a zombie? no thanks that ssbbw hungry momma zombie will prolly bite my hammer off then actually do the job.

Are we gonna be allowed to chuck a shopping basket onto that mountain bike?

32 inventory slots on a players toon.

18 slots in the shopping basket

SO.....2 players with 2 mini bikes equals 36 basket slots to fill. Which is basically like having a third person just to carry loot.

Mountain bike with basket with 18 slot basket or even a 20 slot ?? WIN

Hog ? that thing should be strong enuff to hold two of the default 18 slot baskets.

I for one am sooo freaking happy they hired more people. A lot of people were asking for that long before they actually did. Sometimes if you want change being quiet and saying/doing nothing doesn't work.

Good thing TFPHR checked the forums when they did...

Most of us should see the greatest improvement as Unity improves its usage of multi-core processors.

Even the slowest potato these days has more than one processor core. Given the voxel nature of 7dtd the more cores you can throw at those calculations the better. The single-threaded nature of Unity has been a weakness that's become more apparent over the past few years as developers, such as TFP, have pushed the engine further than it was ever envisioned to go. To be honest, they should have been improving multi-processor support about five years ago but better late than never.

...I for one are sooo freaking happy they hired more people. A lot of people were asking for that long before they actually did. Sometimes if you want change being quiet and saying/doing nothing doesn't work.

You seriously think hiring more people was in any way affected by forum posts? Lol. They hired more people when they decided they had the need AND the money to do it. It wouldn't have done any good to hire people before that point just to have the company go under from mismanagement when the alphas were still in single digits.

Will they put dwarfs in the game?

I doubt that they would. 7 Days is set in Navesgane County, Arizona, In I think 2135 (sometime in the future after WW3), so dwarfs would be more of something you would find in a fantasy like game (Skyrim, etc.) and 7 days is meant to be as realistic as possible (minus the factor of zombies, lol). However, they did add a Dire wolf which exsisted in Pre-historic times, so you never can know.

- - - Updated - - -

Some beards contain enough food to feed a small family !

Hair does have protein so...

and 7 days is meant to be as realistic as possible

I'm pretty sure that little rumor has been squashed by the devs repeatedly. It is meant to be as realistic as necessary. In other words, they're not going to let realism get in the way of fun. Hence the company name is The Fun Pimps not The Reality Pimps. :p

I'm pretty sure that little rumor has been squashed by the devs repeatedly. It is meant to be as realistic as necessary. In other words, they're not going to let realism get in the way of fun. Hence the company name is The Fun Pimps not The Reality Pimps. :p

Right, I forgot about that. However, I don't think dwarfs are on their list though.

Archived