Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Maybe soon? I’m not sure if it is a sign of that or not but when riding the bike in 1st person view you can look down and see your legs and feet pedaling the bike. Seems hopeful.

Wouldn't/didn't know. Currently on the minibike the default view is oddly less immersive than if you go flying first then get on the minibike (other than seeing from inside your head, you get to see your own arms doing that (whereas in normal first person you don't).

Sample of using flying {h} and getting on minibike:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1440:810

You can keep bringing it up... but... you just dont have anything to stand on for an argument. :) (hmmmhuh see what i did there didnt ya)

But yes, I think it would be nice to see our feet again and also to look down on the ground with light source behind us and see our shadow!

Hey, just if I can float (no leg to stand on) why can't buildings. Oh, nevermind I've beaten that a few times too. :)

Maybe soon? I’m not sure if it is a sign of that or not but when riding the bike in 1st person view you can look down and see your legs and feet pedaling the bike. Seems hopeful.

Will bicycle clips be gated behind a book? I always seem to get my pants caught in the chain. With my current luck it would happen at the worst moment when I am being chased by a pack of dogs, bear and/or zombies.

You won't see me disagreeing there. I just know what happens when you publicly state these views. The fanboys come out and rip you, or you get told this is the way it is and that's that. So why bother?

I would love more interaction. I miss it. Its why I was attracted to both this game and this forum. I watched the building slowly burn down when 16 released and you could SEE the desire to post here slowly fade away by Devs as each argument went on and on. This community tends to be VERY passionate. And sometimes that is both a positive and a negative. For this past Alpha it turned out to be a negative.

You're absolutely right! This communication was the main point (besides the game itself obviously) what attracted me to keep track of the game. Else it would have sunk back into the bog of Early Access games which is my Steam library. But I'm afraid that's what's going to happen now. And yes, my posts will probably attract the attention of some fanboi's, or however you want to call them. But IMHO I think that much more preferable over keeping it to yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed... This weird little social experiment Joel is giving really further degrades the purpose of this thread, and as a result, this forum.

Natural forum interaction evolution, like no longer giving release dates is one thing, but, and this started with giving the experimental to the streamers first, this new non communication thing, and having to rely on Twitter (where lazy people go to give info) for development info is another nail in the communication coffin /for this forum/.

Now, of course it's their prerogative to do so, they did create this rabid fan base of forum members not just soley on their kick ass game but through the interaction of madmole et al, and taking it away stings. Plain and simple.

Granted, he probably made the decision in order to keep his sanity, but it doesn't make the void feel less... Voidish.

It is what it is though, and like a zombie created in a lab, the forum is an entity of its own and will thrive until killed.

Hear, hear!

I already attempted to post this only to have the forum glitch and lose the post. So here it is again.

Ok, so info from the Dev team is going to be very controlled. Alright, so be it. But we can still ask questions.

Basically, with the idea that A17 is work being done on the AI and maybe a few other things. With the idea that the actions/reactions of the zombies is going to change, can we expect specific zombies to have specific actions/attributes? For example: the Hawaiian Zombie could ram walls and cause massive damage. Maybe have a leaping zombie (like the spider zombie?), one that is a swamp type near the water that grapples you and tries to drown you, and one that drops from the ceiling?

Just spitballing.....(let’s see what sticks!)

Obuthan

Since irradiated zombies glow. Wouldn’t that mean you would be taking rad damage from them? Having a rad suit could be a must at higher game stage. So hazmat zombies infect to stage 2, irradiated would cause radiation sickness. Just saying....

Since irradiated zombies glow. Wouldn’t that mean you would be taking rad damage from them? Having a rad suit could be a must at higher game stage. So hazmat zombies infect to stage 2, irradiated would cause radiation sickness. Just saying....

I remember there was small discussion on radiation and the use and need for hazmat suits. There were ideas from some treasures to special zeds in rad areas, but some ideas for radiation in some pois ,too. Getting irradiated from something already irradiated like a brainless zed sounds really sane and natural.

Time will reveal this secret. Some day.

Archived