Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Some people complain they want more realism and are happy to get over powered loot from zombie corpses in the early days - Hypocritical...

Zombie gore block have always been annoying and myself and most people I play with hardly ever loot them, we do disperse of them but not for their bones/rotton meat.

People keep saying about no loot but it is crearly stated they drop loot (if they have any) in the form of a backpack. Yes i do think the corpse should stay around a little longer, maybe 5 minutes or so, just for the 'immersion' some people complain about.

I see some complain about the lack of bones/rotton meat from corpses, maybe they drop that in their backpacks sometimes ? Anyhow, I always find plenty in POI and trash can/bag loot, plus there's always animals for the bones too :)

The fast respawn is a bug, and like already stated there's still quite a few which need tweeking and/or addressing...

This is a Alpha game and things are subject to bugs and change. I think the game just gets better, Yes some things we are not 100% happy with but we do adapt and still enjoy this great game. Take Rust for example, they completely changed it into a totally different game but it's more popular now than ever.

I say this to you my fellow survivors, Read carefully, understand the path the game is going and save judgement for the next itteration the game after playing for a few days.

Peace :)

Funny how if nobody spoke their mind there wouldn't be a community at all

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

And there's speaking your mind respectfully and there's trash talking people's hard work.

Some people don't seem to understand - If there was no TFP then there would be no 7D2D...

People so clearly love this game to get so outraged and het up about "change" and in the process forget about who brought it to them in the first place.

Like I said, just have some respect and learn better people skills.

This is all A15 and A16, since the trader was introduced. Prior to the trader being introduced you could still get some decent stuff because disproportionate amounts of ferals (wights) and cops would show up on horde nights, and they always had high-tier gun parts.

In A15 and A16 it's all about the trading game. If your trading game isn't on point you wouldn't understand. I grab everything worth more than 100 dukes. Puffer jackets can be a few hundred, beakers can be almost 1,000, complete guns can be 1,000-4,000, gun parts in the hundreds, running shoes and football helmets can net you 100 or so dukes a piece, hazmat and military gear sells for 500-2,000 dukes a piece, recipes can be 100-500 dukes, you can find treasure maps that lead you to 20,000-30,000 dukes plus diamonds and weapons worth even more. On an average blood moon I could nab anywhere from 20,000-50,000+ dukes. Yeah it isn't concrete or wood but I could buy all sorts of things worth way more than concrete or wood, and just recoup the stone and iron myself with a couple boulder smacks.

I'm a huge trader geek. I did an analysis of the trader back near the end of A15 which resulted in some changes for A16. Basically at the end of A15 I was able to get full purple iron gear and steel tools before the first 7th night, and I was trying to show that it was way too easy to exploit the trader to skip the entire early and mid game. Gazz looked at my case and adjusted a bunch of the prices and I think it's pretty fair now, but you can still make a ton of money from horde nights in A16.

HAHA, oh i traded. I traded a lot. Never once was i like "jackpot! That horde night made me so much coins! I can repair my base with all the monies!" I was more like "yay, i already sold 3 / 4 of all these things and now i have to find another trader to sell these things. And still wont be enough to fix my base" if it was a bad abase.

You have got to have the luckiest consistent horde nights ever. I applaud you and your luck! Also, not sure if you remember... but there was mention that the bosses during horde nights will probably drop the goodies.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

And there's speaking your mind respectfully and there's trash talking people's hard work.

Some people don't seem to understand - If there was no TFP then there would be no 7D2D...

People so clearly love this game to get so outraged and het up about "change" and in the process forget about who brought it to them in the first place.

Like I said, just have some respect and learn better people skills.

I'm assuming you're not speaking to me, but people who don't have respect or people skills are likely to never develop them. They aren't going to read your post, they're going to come here, vomit out some random negative emotion and go play a game of PUBG and drop school/hacienda.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHA, oh i traded. I traded a lot. Never once was i like "jackpot! That horde night made me so much coins! I can repair my base with all the monies!" I was more like "yay, i already sold 3 / 4 of all these things and now i have to find another trader to sell these things. And still wont be enough to fix my base" if it was a bad abase.

You have got to have the luckiest consistent horde nights ever. I applaud you and your luck! Also, not sure if you remember... but there was mention that the bosses during horde nights will probably drop the goodies.

Oh yeah for sure I don't know but every horde was full of military, wights, cops, hazmat zombies, and they all drop mad loot. Sometimes I'd get like 4 rocket launchers and 10 rockets. I thought that was the norm. Anyway most of this discussion is moot because Roland just gave confirmation of separate loot tables for bloodmoon hordes.

Thank you for the response Roland. I'm relieved to hear the developers have thought through these issues.

I have mad respect for you, eidobunny. That said, I'm confused why you didn't think that the devs thought through the issues.

I have mad respect for you, eidobunny. That said, I'm confused why you didn't think that the devs thought through the issues.

Hmm. Maybe better phrasing would be "thought through the issues and come to a good solution imho"

I didn't mean to imply that the developers were a bunch of bumbling idiots or anything. Just that they've changed things for the worse in the past and I was worried that this would be another one of those situations. More through lack of foresight than anything. You can think through something and still come to a poor implementation. You can also fail to consider all cases. I'm sure some cases matter a lot to the developers that don't matter to the community, and vice-versa.

Like I play PvP for example so the developers and the community like to throw anything I have to say about the matter into the garbage immediately. The developers often make decisions that negatively affect PvP mechanics because they don't consider the PvP perspective. So I end up making a case about it because I have a concern that directly affects me but might not be immediately obvious to everyone. I treated this whole loot situation as one of those cases - not regarding PvP, but just regarding some game mechanic change that strongly affects my gameplay experience that I'm not sure everyone thought of.

It is a huge reduction. That is a fact. Most of the time I don't even check to see if a bag dropped as I expect there to not be one. Now maybe they will tinker with it a bit and increase the probabilities after assessing things during experimental. But right now there is no doubt that loot from zombies is extremely rare and that is a huge change from A16. It really does change your attitude towards them and you don't feel compelled to just kill.

Keeping a stack of small rocks on your tool belt is actually a good idea now as the distraction feature is quite good and a lot of fun.

heheh...Stupid zeds.....I'm smarter than you....

the distraction works now? Last time I used it a few alphas ago, I threw a rock from the rooftop out into a field. they didnt turn to the sound, they charged at me.

I want to build a base and fight the hordes

I think that's one of the most fun parts about the entire game

Eliminating loot from the hordes will cause me to not build a base and avoid fighting the hordes

Do you see what I'm getting at?

nope, still blind. eliminating the loots does not prohibit the highlighted text. so does not block what you say you wanted to do.

Alpha 17 Experimental Release Candidate. That will go green as soon as I get confirmation that the streamers will be getting it for sure on the upcoming Friday.

tnx

i have a question about lootable container

this thing is connected to loot abundance?

with 200% every container is lootable and with 25% only one every eight?

I can see the elimination of loot being a pain in the ass but Ill get over it quickly as there is loot literally everywhere. In 16, I barely touched buildings because of the jankyness of sleepers and still got everything I needed. Traders and player vending machines made up for the rest of my loot from buildings.

nope, still blind. eliminating the loots does not prohibit the highlighted text. so does not block what you say you wanted to do.

This discussion is already over because we have Roland's confirmation that 7th night loot tables differ from regular zombie loot tables, but I'll still entertain your post by quoting my other posts regarding the subject, just so you can understand my perspective:

But the issue is that I WANT to build a base, and I WANT to fight 7th night hordes. And yes, I can still do those things, but I'm sitting here thinking, man it would be a heck of a lot wiser to just... hop on a minibike and ride all night. I don't want to do that. Because of the developer's decision to make running and hiding a more attractive option in terms of pros/cons, an imbalance has occurred that directly affects my enjoyment of the game. Either I run/hide and feel like I made the correct decision, or I fight under constant regret.

Listen, I never said taking zombie loot out was a bad idea. But taking out the zombie loot specifically has an adverse effect on horde nights, because it is the only time where a huge mass of zombies is actively attacking /your/ base. If you are out looting a city who cares if the zombies drop loot, you're going for the gun safes and the bookshelves and all of that. That's where your rewards are. But if there are no rewards in the zombies, then horde nights fall apart at the seam. Why should I bother engaging a 7th night horde if it means only losses? And yet, I want to engage the horde night for fun, but that directly conflicts with my brain's desire to do the most efficient and intelligent action, which would be to just ride around on my minibike on horde nights. TFP has effectively caused my brain to have a civil war with itself whereas there was no question before on my course of action.

lol well I'll just tell you if you know what to look for the average horde night netted me about 30,000 dukes, a round of 7.62 costs roughly 50 dukes which would be a compensation of 600 rounds of 7.62. I think that's a totally fair compensation since you're likely to spend roughly that much on the stronger hordes. It meant that I could fight a horde knowing that I wasn't just throwing my resources into the void.

compensation? in the apocalypse? dude the point is to survive and possibly thrive if you are very good. not get rich after society falls

it's no holds barred and you expect fairness?

compensation? in the apocalypse? dude the point is to survive and possibly thrive if you are very good. not get rich after society falls

it's no holds barred and you expect fairness?

In a sandbox game, yes, I expect a predictably reliable cycle of risk and reward. Big risks give big rewards, little risks give little rewards, no risk gives no reward. Good gameplay mechanics. Not an apocalypse simulator. Nobody would play a real apocalypse simulator, it'd suck too much. All punishment, no reward for literal generations, lots of reading and research. It would be pretty awful, even without zombies.

I said it before, if I just got one treasure map and that was my only reward for an entire blood moon horde, that'd be a really good reward imo, and it would be realistic and fall into line with the idea that zombies wouldn't be carrying a bunch of logical loot.

Right like how cool would that be, you eliminate an entire horde, and there it is: a treasure map. Now the horde is dead and your base is in shambles and it's time for a freaking adventure. You go get your shovel and make the trek out and dig up loot that's roughly equivalent to what you lost in the mayhem, maybe a little less or a little more, but it feels good. It's a perfect amount of effort and reward, and it's fun at the same time.

In a sandbox game, yes, I expect a predictably reliable cycle of risk and reward. Big risks give big rewards, little risks give little rewards, no risk gives no reward. Good gameplay mechanics. Not an apocalypse simulator. Nobody would play a real apocalypse simulator, it'd suck too much. All punishment, no reward for literal generations, lots of reading and research. It would be pretty awful, even without zombies.

woke up an hour or 2 ago, these posts are a bit late after most resolution.

you'd be surprised. some people will play any simulator.

as to risk v's reward and genre.

in a survival based game I expect a slowly diminished return on rewards. after all, who is making the new loots that is always being found? who keeps restocking? I am a sp player, and I turn loot respawn off. Traders I can deal with, after all there are a few other survivors out there. but using money? I just cant figure a better barter system for now. so some form of currency is needed.

thing is, until the npc's come out and are entered into the game. the only reliable source of goods I can see is the player base, be it solo or mp. That takes some time and effort, hence diminished returns. you are gonna use more to survive than you can craft alone or even with a small group. It would take a settlement to actually break the diminished returns aspect. and we cant do that for another 2-3 alphas or so it seems.

hey roland

when placing a torch and picking it back up, does it go straight into tool belt where it was? its a pain having to go into inventory and put it in the tool belt each time you pick it up again. of course only a pain if you have only one but still, was hoping it was the same as repaired items.

cheers

Archived