Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

My last few deaths came from my own Molotov cocktails. They are too much fun to not use them, but so dangerous at the same time. The crazy part is the latest time I died from a Molotov was only after I had already been hit with splash damage from an ally's rocket launcher a few times. This person apparently didn't know that explosives still hurt when friendly fire is off. They claimed they were trying to help me out because I was surrounded on horde night. I was just having some melee fun...

Was running down a hill on multiplayer server to toss a Molotov into the middle of a group and it hits the ground at my feet. I proceed to run around wailing until I burn up and die. I'm assuming they finished their breakfast before they searched my bag.

I am a big fan of the Molotovs, but I think I've killed myself with them more than I've actually killed anything else. I usually upgrade to the pipe bomb fairly quickly just to save myself from the inevitable suicide by fire.

Was running down a hill on multiplayer server to toss a Molotov into the middle of a group and it hits the ground at my feet. I proceed to run around wailing until I burn up and die. I'm assuming they finished their breakfast before they searched my bag.

I am a big fan of the Molotovs, but I think I've killed myself with them more than I've actually killed anything else. I usually upgrade to the pipe bomb fairly quickly just to save myself from the inevitable suicide by fire.

i had to laugh because i can just picture that scenario...

but i also remember back as a kid what my dad always preached to me (on many subjects).. Do Not Play With Fire, you will get burnt! :)

i had to laugh because i can just picture that scenario...

but i also remember back as a kid what my dad always preached to me (on many subjects).. Do Not Play With Fire, you will get burnt! :)

He literally got burnt , hehehehe , am sure Trolland suggested the Molotov

- - - Updated - - -

Joel video today?

no bets on that , we have to wait , but that is the last day on the week, who knows

That will be really interesting. I remember that the performance was quite different on the same rig in the last builds.

Correct me if i am wrong:

- hungry for RAM

-single core performance matters more than multi core

( 4 core vs 8 core for example)

But voxel based games are allways tricky, i think.

Clock is still king.

Unity 2018 is better at utilizing multiple cores although from what I understand TFP isn't taking full advantage yet, so maybe in A18 cores will be king which would be nice.

Hard drive is important in Voxel based games the faster the better up to a certain point, I saw no major improvement going from a performance PCIe-SSD to a M.2 NVME SSD in A16 but that's not to say it won't matter in A17.

A new build was uploaded not 40 minutes ago.

One can hope for a video :)

They sure work hard, that's for sure :lemo:

Madmole always uploads a new build, which would obviously includes the latest fixes, before making a video, so my guess is... New video today!

But, with all that said, I've been wrong before!

Rumors are now you can wrench a landmine in A17 to pick it up...

- - - Updated - - -

A new build was uploaded not 40 minutes ago.

One can hope for a video :)

They sure work hard, that's for sure :lemo:

I remember someone saying that they are humans and take weekends off. Well guess what they are not humans, they are a bunch of zombies making a zombie game :o

Better wait a week longer than starting from scratch, again and again and again.

The first week or two in a new game is usually my favorite, so I'm cool with starting over as much as necessary. You know what you're signing up for when you download an experimental build, anyway.

Rumors are now you can wrench a landmine in A17 to pick it up...

- - - Updated - - -

I remember someone saying that they are humans and take weekends off. Well guess what they are not humans, they are a bunch of zombies making a zombie game :o

is this a thing? because i've worked so many weekends before. I need to talk to my employers...

Archived