PIMP TALK: Electricity + Doors - Your help is needed!!

themirror

PIMP TALK: Electricity + Doors - Your help is needed!!  

462 members have voted

1. 1. PIMP TALK: Electricity + Doors - Your help is needed!!

• doors
    • hatches
    • drawbridges
    • All of the above
    • None of the above

Hello guys, recently i've came up with a idea for a improvement in drawbridges (see the original post). During the talk, many folks have proposed other type of improvements like doors, hatchs, garage doors.

Roland came up with this:

FYI, This idea is on the bubble. Devs aren't sure it's warranted to have doors, hatches, and drawbidges be electrically powered. We need to get this thread to ten pages at least showing support and examples and ideas of how having powered doors, hatches, and drawbridges could enhance gameplay. If you have any desire to see this inA17 then speak up!

So, let's make some noise here and show ideas and uses scenarios for those doors, hatches, windows, garage doors, drawbridges, etc.

And don't forget to vote on the pool :D

EDIT

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LET'S BE CLEAR, POWER IS NOT MANDATORY. The doors/drawbridges WILL work as usual without electricity.

In none of the scenarios would power be mandatory. So people that like doors and drawbridges being powered but not hatches (why?) would simply not hook up power to their hatches. Prime said that adding power to portals would not replace manual portals.

You would only vote against this if you felt the concept is a bad idea and don't want any dev time spent on it. Even if it is implemented it would in no way change the game for those who never use it.

It's on the bubble because the devs consider it as a bit of scope creep. They don't see it is as critical and unless there was a huge amount of fan feedback in favor of it they would spend their time on other priorities.

I think most people who came from Minecraft probably just assumed doors would be powered and haven't said anything. Now is the time to say something because the assumption is wrong. Dev inclination right now is to not do it from a priorities standpoint.

ORIGINAL POST

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually create a garage on underground to park my minibike with a drawbridge as a "garage door", to use it as a escape route in SHTF situations. Now, on A16 we got electricity. So, there is a chance to craft a eletric drawbridge? It will be fun to connect a drawbridge to a motion sensor, switch, etc. and it "magically" open for you :D

I think this is a plausible idea to future alphas that bring more options to players. So, what you guys think?

Guys,

Prime is the dev responsible for electricity and he explicitly said that if enough ppl want this feature, they may add it in A17. So we have to make some noise!!!

+1 I want doors and windows controlled by electricity!!

We have to find a way to tag @Prime here XD

Guys,

Prime is the dev responsible for electricity and he explicitly said that if enough ppl want this feature, they may add it in A17. So we have to make some noise!!!

+1 I want doors and windows controlled by electricity!!

We have to find a way to tag @Prime here XD

<turns down volume>

what speak up i cant hear you! :)

seriously I would welcome electrical control of drawbridge, garage door, cell door and maybe a window or 2, (but not all windows) oh and a glass door like for store fronts would be really cool too. :)

<turns down volume>

what speak up i cant hear you! :)

seriously I would welcome electrical control of drawbridge, garage door, cell door and maybe a window or 2, (but not all windows) oh and a glass door like for store fronts would be really cool too. :)

Agreed :) not all portals need to have it but there are some likely candidates in the list :)

Joe you have the inside track ;) whisper to Prime that this needs to be a thing :)

yeah a powered drawbridge would be cool. I also would like to see powered shutters. They could be used in combination with a motion sensor to open up with turrets behind so when an enemy is not in range turrets are protected. Just a thought.

ran into a prob with the drawbridge and the ramp block, zeds can just walk right though the gap that players cant. and with the pimps removing the horizontal 1/2 pillar option (players and bikes are too fat now) so how to do you guys deal with this? right now i have two drawbridges sideways and kinda vulnerable not being flush to the ground. so how to do build your exits now? cause i refuse to build a bike-hole aka 'garage' above ground.

ran into a prob with the drawbridge and the ramp block, zeds can just walk right though the gap that players cant. and with the pimps removing the horizontal 1/2 pillar option (players and bikes are too fat now) so how to do you guys deal with this? right now i have two drawbridges sideways and kinda vulnerable not being flush to the ground. so how to do build your exits now? cause i refuse to build a bike-hole aka 'garage' above ground.

They did not remove the horizontal 50. pillars.

Just press "r" and select advanced rotating.

They did not remove the horizontal 50. pillars.

Just press "r" and select advanced rotating.

What Lithographer meant was that in A15 you could drive through a wall of vertically placed 50. pillars, or drop through a floor of horizontal placed ones. You can still place them like that, but in A16 you can no longer drive/drop through them.

FYI, This idea is on the bubble. Devs aren't sure it's warranted to have doors, hatches, and drawbidges be electrically powered. We need to get this thread to ten pages at least showing support and examples and ideas of how having powered doors, hatches, and drawbridges could enhance gameplay. If you have any desire to see this inA17 then speak up!

Having sensors when driving your minibike out of your garage instead of

opening up the door without you getting off it, open the door, get on the minibike, drive out the door, gett off the minibike again, close the door, get on the minibike again... (the same goes with drawbridges)

beeing able to have multiple layered walls with doors that open up when you step on the pressureplate instead of having to open every door and closing it by hand.

it doesnt "enhance" gameplay... but it certainly does

a) give one more reason for electricity

b) is a comfort upgrade. I really hate opening up every god damn door in my bases. I have up to 8 doors depending on the layout of my base. Opening them up and closing them EVERY TIME i go out is such a pain.

I already gave +2 so ill make it +3 ^_^

Perhaps have manual interaction be slower than if it has an electrical opener?

...drawbridge makes sense, the rest of the doors should be left the f alone unless there is ALSO an option for manual opening.

Perhaps a magnetic lock component, which necessitates the door being broken, rather than the lock just picked (for when lock picking is a thing).

Perhaps have manual interaction be slower than if it has an electrical opener?

...drawbridge makes sense, the rest of the doors should be left the f alone unless there is ALSO an option for manual opening.

Perhaps a magnetic lock component, which necessitates the door being broken, rather than the lock just picked (for when lock picking is a thing).

who says electric doors disable manual opening?

there is a mod for that ^^ didn't tried it yet myself but will :D

You mean the one that Skippy0330 used in his play-throughs (the turquise platform)?

It has the same flaw: You can only get all the way up, or all the way down: there is no in between.

But I get the idea of having to connect doors to a power supply. It is a little odd that they work be merely tapping on them.

That would make no sense, gameplaywise! This would mean that for a normal ♥♥♥♥ty steel door you would need:

a generator (which needs some perks to unlock) a generator, a wiretool, wire, and the steelperk.

IF they make a better upgrade for steeldoors... like double locked steeldoors (need steel and electric parts) then fine. sure. Make it electric only. But not the normal ♥♥♥♥ty steel doors. I will only build normal metal doors then.

I would really LOVE that ELECTRICAL DOOR implemented.

+1!!!!1!one!!

That way, towerdefense will be Brought to a whole new Level:

isolating Zombies and players Alike.

Thee hostiles Knocketh thy door?

Open it and let teh turrets Deal with them, close it afterwards.

The only question is:

ON for OPEN and OFF for CLOSED

Or

OFF for OPEN and ON for CLOSED?

Archived