PIMP TALK: Electricity + Doors - Your help is needed!!

themirror

PIMP TALK: Electricity + Doors - Your help is needed!!  

462 members have voted

1. 1. PIMP TALK: Electricity + Doors - Your help is needed!!

• doors
    • hatches
    • drawbridges
    • All of the above
    • None of the above

I have a few ideas for this.

Motion sensor designed to only recognize friends so doors can open for you and friends only. Ideally you come back from looting, drive up to base and drawbridge or door opens letting you in.

Or make a craftable item where you can program in a pass key and make it tradeable. So if someone kills you and takes your key they can break into your base unless you change code. You and your friends need that item on you to get

+1 for powered doors

But an elevator would be awesome too!

I want elevators and blast Doors in real bunkers under the radiation zone.nasty enemies controls everything from a Main room. Making this poi a living thing against you.

Powered draw bridges and vault doors/hatches that are powered I can see and welcome. One question if your drawbridge is powered by a pressure switch, and you on a multi-player server what would stop someone else from activating it and gaining access to your base, same with doors and hatches. As it is now there are locks but you have to hit "e" key to open, would pressure switch be coded to work same as this? Single player would make no difference, be more of a multi-player question.

Powered draw bridges and vault doors/hatches that are powered I can see and welcome. One question if your drawbridge is powered by a pressure switch, and you on a multi-player server what would stop someone else from activating it and gaining access to your base, same with doors and hatches. As it is now there are locks but you have to hit "e" key to open, would pressure switch be coded to work same as this? Single player would make no difference, be more of a multi-player question.

They can be pw protected like normal. When you install them you put in the pw and boom, when you activate it, your pw is already good.

Having more options is almost always a good thing.

But I would like to know if powered doors would require only a few seconds power while opening or closing. Or if they'd require constant power to maintain one state, with zero power representing the other state.

If it's only a few seconds at a time I'd be fine with higher wattage for heavy objects, like drawbridges.

If they'd require constant power to maintain a state, I'd expect all doors to only draw 1w while maintaining.

You can close them for example in pvp when someone is firing. Bullets can pass trough when they are off (opened) and when they are on (closed) the Bullets are blocked. Doors ca close them self with a motion sensor that find enemies and open when find allies.

Could the electric doors double as a swinging spike trap if you arm it with spikes? If so +1 on electric doors!

Actually F***K the electrical doors. Let me get 1000 mechanical, 1000 electrical parts, 500 electrical components, and 10,000 steel and transform my entire base into a giant mech! :D

I'd like to add a request for electric track switches for the minecart system I'd also like added. Also, electric ziplines that let you zip back up a hill after you zipline down. This is half joking, but it would be awesome if they added these features.

@Roland: 10 Pages you say?

OK, lets do this :)

The addition electrifying things that open and shut IMO adds a great deal in creating a scenario where "Tower Defence" is a real part of 7DtD.

The way that I see it working is:

press 'e' and the device works like normal

hold 'e' will give you an options window, where you can place components and setup options.

ie. add component 1: (you decide which one it should be)

The Door/etc can now be wired to accept an electrical signal which could be configured to be either open or shut when power is supplied.

(Maybe also cool if attacking the door/etc while power is supplied acted like an electric fence)

add component 2:

Once wired the door will change state on recieving electricity.

(Maybe need the addition of a button switch)

Once wired a configuration option can be checked/unchecked to operate on manual mode.

I would like to know the game mechanic that would be skipped over to add this to the to do list. It's a little hard to say focus on this and ignore that when we dont know what that it? Until then I would vote no to powered doors and whatnot.

I would rather time was spent to make the zombies smarter or add more skills/recipe's to expand different play styles. My prime choice would be adding more devices to use the electricity. An electric forge/smeltery would be nice, maybe a rechargeable cattleprod to deal with like charging bears and ferals. If food spoilage is ever in the future maybe work on preserving food and refrigeration. Or perhaps work on some other resource stuff, I would like something akin to a chicken coup to get a constant supply of feathers and eggs or spending more time getting the pet system up and running. Maybe working on getting a car in the game?

Its a nice idea but far from my wish list.

more members need to get involved with this. i can see good for both. i was watching a video and one of the players, it was multi, was running up the drawbridge, a bear after him. the bridge starts to go up and just when i thought the bear was going to fall and land on spikes the bear's running jump was able to get it inside the base. it was funny watching them try to stay out of reach of the bear and be able to kill it.

electricity for drawbridges, garages, doors and hatches would be good. i don't see the need for windows.

in the area of a challenge, i can see some doors in pois that would be real hard to open. it could be where as soon as you start to bust open the door to the drug store a alarm goes off and wakes the zombies. in the skyscraper buildings some of the doors have alarms on them. you go to break in the alarm would go off. go to one of the mansions and find a security alert, "protected by such and such company" so you start looking for the wires to cut but can't find them as they are fake warnings, or do find them; either way you have wasted time looking for them. so you have to decide whether to look for them or take a chance that they are fake warnings.

electricity can be a be of benefit, add more challenge to the game while making some aspects good. opening and closing entrances; making it harder, more challenging to get to important loot. may need to learn how to break open circuit breakers to turn off the alarms before you can open a door with a alarm. every second you are in the poi, every step in lockpicking the lock to open the circuit breaker box can cause noises that will wake up zombies.

i see a lot of potential for both help to players in safety and protection and challenge when used to make it harder to get into pois.

Archived