Mouse Issues

Bubo

To top it off, my mouse sensitivity seems to change if I tab out of and back into the game. I do have Logitech Options set to lower the pointer speed for 7dtd.exe, so it might be a issue where LO doesn't always recognize the executable or something. I don't know. Regardless, the current state of the mouse pointer and menus in 7dtd is worse than any other game I know.

To top it off, my mouse sensitivity seems to change if I tab out of and back into the game. I do have Logitech Options set to lower the pointer speed for 7dtd.exe, so it might be a issue where LO doesn't always recognize the executable or something. I don't know. Regardless, the current state of the mouse pointer and menus in 7dtd is worse than any other game I know.

same here. My mouse luckily has a + and - above and below the wheel... so I dont have to tab out to change it... still annoying. Why the change -.-

With all the trouble people go through to remove mouse lag and non-linear control, I can't for the life of me understand what they where thinking when they did this. So you want controller support. I get it. Make your software mouse and enable it when then user checks the controller support option. If controller support is disabled, then give me hardware mouse. Considering you have the ability to get the game working both ways now, I don't understand why this wasn't done. Did you think we wouldn't notice a frame dependent mouse cursor? Really?

With all the trouble people go through to remove mouse lag and non-linear control, I can't for the life of me understand what they where thinking when they did this. So you want controller support. I get it. Make your software mouse and enable it when then user checks the controller support option. If controller support is disabled, then give me hardware mouse. Considering you have the ability to get the game working both ways now, I don't understand why this wasn't done. Did you think we wouldn't notice a frame dependent mouse cursor? Really?

That's a great idea. Sadly, nothing has changed in b129.

Help offered

I hope this helps some to resolve some issues. I had posted here reddit and steam for help. My pointer would fight not to select a box, My left thumb acted as my right and viceversa, and finally That friggin keyboard began to pop up every time i tried to run. On reddit I was finally told to go to two places on steam the first is under the file dropdown to configurethe mouse or pad. Then go to library and verify there. Last when i came back to the game, I turned off my external program Joytokey, went to controls menu, picked the button i use for forward, and it changed the names made no sense to me but, Now I can use my "360 pad on pc offline single player". Also if you look at the groups in the menu you can actually use the same button multiple times, depending on which window is open. Hope this helps some people out.

Alpha 16, mouse movement is terrible annoying.:upset:

I've played 30 hours on Alpha 16, trying possible in-game/start-up setting combinations, but I noticed that such efforts were useless.

There remains the issue yet. *sigh*

Many and many people here and there (Japan wiki) said "What the f*@¥ing mouse response Alpha 16 is!!"

Some of them are even says that they won't play A16 even in stable or even, now this is time to uninstall.

I've never heard this is the better mouse movement than A15.

BTW, here is my setting. This setting make game slightly better.

NOTE: I'm not saying this setting will make it better than A15, but better than horrible mouse, A16.

Start-up option:

Use native input module - ON

In-game option:

Allow controller - OFF

Mouse sensitivity - 0.4

Interface sensitivity - 0.4

PC setting:

Accelerate your mouse to the degree that you feel nice.

Yes, but i'm sure there is a post where Madmole says that they are proud of their new "mouse movement system" :D

PS:... some do not even know how better and smooth GUI was before A13...;)

I though it was just me having this mouse issue - it was fine in Alpha 15 but is really dreadful in A16. I know this is alpha software but come on, issues with the mouse?! This is 2017 not 1987.

Makes the game unplayable for me which is a shame considering the other positives. Will spend my time in 'The Forest' instead until it's fixed.

I asked the devs if they needed any more feedback about this issue and got this message back:

"We know there is a problem, not everyone notices but no new info is needed should be back to normal soon"

Thanks a bunch Roland, much appreciated.

:hug:

I asked the devs if they needed any more feedback about this issue and got this message back:

"We know there is a problem, not everyone notices but no new info is needed should be back to normal soon"

Thank you so much. I wasn't even sure if the devs had acknowledge the issue before this. I appreciate you contacting them and updating us.

Thanks Roland. I appreciate for sharing info.

I hope soon fix.

Yaaaaaay!

This is what we like to hear. =D

Archived