Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Update Time!

Changelog v0.3t (August 7, 2017):

- fixed prefab import

@Slaan

The bug fix is ready. Now I am sure that import function is bug free (99% sure^^).

Awesome, it's a real time saver for me atm and allowing me to alter layouts of streets/buildings on the fly as I'm working through em.

@Slaan

Good to hear that everything works as intended.

@Laz Man

I believe it's the import prefab feature within the editor for if you want to import a prefab within a prefab?

Yes, right.

@StompyNZ

@pille, a flip (mirror) prefab would be handy. Needed that today trying to fix up guppies apartments which didn't fare well in the conversion

I just tried to implement a flip function but there is a important problem. The rotations of some blocks need to be changed but other blocks (e.g. Doors) should keep their rotation data. So I am not sure if there is an easy method to implement a flip...

@n2n1

Just want to say again - Thank You, this Utility - is serious :)

Yeah, could be better though but real life keeps me occupied. Therefore I cannot implement what I want atm^^

Is there a way to establish which layer should be the ground layer? If I build 10 layers underground and want the prefab to spawn correctly in a random world, how would I go about making sure layer 11 is ground level?

Depending on what you're making, I would just put a level of whatever block for that level. When you go to import it, use -11 as your height and that SHOULD be ground level with 10 underneath it. I"m working on a castle, I did the same thing so I could have a deep moat, and then did a solid foundation level where I was going to build up from.

Ground Level

Depending on what you're making, I would just put a level of whatever block for that level. When you go to import it, use -11 as your height and that SHOULD be ground level with 10 underneath it. I"m working on a castle, I did the same thing so I could have a deep moat, and then did a solid foundation level where I was going to build up from.

Well, the goal would be for random generation and the -11 applied. I'm just not sure how that would get associated with the prefab.

Well, the goal would be for random generation and the -11 applied. I'm just not sure how that would get associated with the prefab.

That would have to get worked out with the prefab. That might be a good question for Magoli since he does the spawn editing of the rwgmixer for the compo pack.

You can specify if your prefab is submerged via the prefabs xml file. I believe the attribute is yoffset.

I.e. yoffset=-11.

My mcdowells prefab has a basement. I have my yoffset=-6

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

just add this line to the prefabs xml:

<property name="YOffset" value="-11"/>

or even easier: use pilles editor to modify the xml

just set yoffset to -11 in some way and ur good - the prefab will spawn 11 blocks below groundlevel than.

Hey, great work.

Want to edit a prefab.

Want to remove the air around the prefab, the air left, right and bottom of prefab is okay.

If i those to remove the air from top zombie crashed.

I did'nt think it did that the version before v0.3t.

Perhaps, I made things worse. :( Please use the export tool to crop the prefab. I will try to rewrite the remove function as soon as I can.

Instruction:

The export works similar to the prefab import. Click on 'export prefab...' and the blue box (represents the volume you're going to export) will appear in the lower left corner (see red circle in the screenshot bellow). Left click on the grid changes to position of the blue box. The buttons in the blue circle can be used to resize the box ('exp.' expands the box to the size of the prefab).

'Fix position' will start the export process (opens a file save dialog).

Hint:

Sleeper volumes or other xml data will not be exported.

zeV4CDX.png

After practical use of this great Tool - i can confidently say: It makes me happy !!! :)

I already adapted my main prefabs and reworked the rest for my mod. (yes, i make custom prefabs but I don't share them because they are not compatible with vanilla)

I haven't had time to read other feedbacks...maybe i'm repeating, but, here are two things that caught my eye immediately and stay remember:

1 - during work constantly need to know which block to be under the cursor, for this purpose have always move a sight at the status window (upper left corner, small font, etc)..it's a long way... I would like to see this important information closer. For example, as a tooltip under the mouse (if it will appear immediately) or large inscription which is close to the main work area to see her peripheral vision...

2 - Lacking "Load Recent List" :)

Big THANKS for this Tool !

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

I just finished my retirement horror village and exported it using Hals commands . Went into pille editor cut the columns and rows and placed it into the prefab folder and rwgmixer. It spawned correctly however some of the paint has gone missing.

Anyone else get this. Also the doors can not be locked or unlocked or anything only open and closed.

Painting system not stable? + One block impossible to place

First: thank you Pille for the awesome prefab editor!

Maybe you or someone else can help me with the next two problems:

1. In one of my prefabs the painting system seems not stable:

In the next screenshot ALL the six blocks on the surface are placed as a normal unpainted 'Wood block", but some of them are 'automatically' painted like the underlying ones:

2078748902_Paintingproblem1.jpg.b0f8ce006c6ee96386358a8f69f24705.jpg

The problem seems to be in the prefab and not the game itself: the next screenshot displays the border between 2 prefabs:

Left 3 blocks: the prefab with the problem / right 3 blocks: prefab with no problem

1715850478_Paintingproblem3.jpg.a1eb76c154fc8ac645ecc6c78407ae3c.jpg

2. In the same buggy prefab: the block behind the ladder is not placable in-game. I can place it in the editor, but then it doesn't show up in the game:

400472998_Paintingproblem2.jpg.43b85d54719f60656619f4d23944b4ea.jpg

If needed, I can post the prefab files.

Edited by Henk (see edit history)

I just finished my retirement horror village and exported it using Hals commands . Went into pille editor cut the columns and rows and placed it into the prefab folder and rwgmixer. It spawned correctly however some of the paint has gone missing.

Anyone else get this. Also the doors can not be locked or unlocked or anything only open and closed.

I also had loss of paint when i saving from Hals Editor. Perhaps this is as it should be...

@n2n1

After practical use of this great Tool - i can confidently say: It makes me happy !!! :)

I already adapted my main prefabs and reworked the rest for my mod. (yes, i make custom prefabs but I don't share them because they are not compatible with vanilla)

I haven't had time to read other feedbacks...maybe i'm repeating, but, here are two things that caught my eye immediately and stay remember:

1 - during work constantly need to know which block to be under the cursor, for this purpose have always move a sight at the status window (upper left corner, small font, etc)..it's a long way... I would like to see this important information closer. For example, as a tooltip under the mouse (if it will appear immediately) or large inscription which is close to the main work area to see her peripheral vision...

2 - Lacking "Load Recent List" :)

Big THANKS for this Tool !

Thanks. I think I can do 1. and 2. is planed anyway.

@stallionsden, Guppycur, Henk

I am not able the reproduce the problem. Not sure whether it's related to the editor or not. :(

Give me a few minutes...

If needed, I can post the prefab files.

Yes, please post them.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)