Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Mhh 10/10 (attempt / success). So I am not able to cause a crash deleting this single row. That could be a new, unknown bug.^^

Edit:

Ahh I knew x-ray mode and deleting stuff could be a critical combination... lol Why I never listen to myself.

I guess it's time to release an update and fix the two bugs youve found. Give me a few minutes.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Update Time!

This is NOT the final fix for the removing rows/columns issue. However, it should fix the more important bug (there two bugs which may cause crashes if you delete rows or columns). Let me know if that helps...

Changelog v0.3o (July 30, 2017):

- fixed graphic bug related to sleeper volume resizing

- fixed: removing rows/columns while xray mode is on may crash the editor

- partially fixed: remove rows/columns may cause crashes (this is NOT the final bugfix but should significantly improve the current situation^^). I'll try to release the final fix within the next few days.

- temporarily disabled opengl

- added dynamic gamestage reading (so you can use custom spawning groups / use a modded gamestages.xml)

- added text field 'chances' to sleeper volume list items. this text field show the emptyChance, decoyChance and decoy1hpChance (see gamestages.xml for further explanation)

- increased the font for rotations shown in the grid

hint: please ignore the electricity stuff. It's deactivated anyway. :p

I love seeing other people's frustration btw. :devilish:

Edit:

I am under the impression that the crashes are less likely if you don't move the cursor for 1 or 2 seconds before pressing the remove buttons (so move the cursor over the remove rows/columns buttons and wait a few seconds^^).

@Laz Man

It's identical to Hal's editor (expect there is no mapping of the meta2 values since I don't know where to read these things...). So set 'has decals' and select a meta2 value.

@Guppycur

It works to me in > 50% without doing pirouettes.

Hi,

enter the block data in the edit tab (see big red circle in the screenshot bellow) then select the pencil (small red circle) and click on the grid (left click or right click). Press and keep the right mouse button pressed to paint an area (similar to middle mouse button in Hal's editor).

YcC8oCk.png

There are tutorial videos made by Guppy and Slaan:

Hi,

enter the block data in the edit tab (see big red circle in the screenshot bellow) then select the pencil (small red circle) and click on the grid (left click or right click). Press and keep the right mouse button pressed to paint an area (similar to middle mouse button in Hal's editor).

YcC8oCk.png

There are tutorial videos made by Guppy and Slaan:

Thanks. I'll try this again. Is there a way to make it scroll for areas that are outside of view?

Update time!

Changelog v0.3p (July 30, 2017):

- added prefab export tool

I've added an export function so you don't have to touch the buggy 'remove rows/columns' buttons (unless you're trying to export everything including sleeper volumes). So I've more time for bug fixing.^^

Instruction:

The export works similar to the prefab import. Click on 'export prefab...' and the blue box (represents the volume you're going to export) will appear in the lower left corner (see red circle in the screenshot bellow). Left click on the grid changes to position of the blue box. The buttons in the blue circle can be used to resize the box ('exp.' expands the box to the size of the prefab).

'Fix position' will start the export process (opens a file save dialog).

Hint:

Sleeper volumes or other xml data will not be exported.

zeV4CDX.png

@Spectral Force

Yes, either press control + arrow keys or switch to drag mode (click on the hand symbol then click and keep the left mouse button pressed to navigate when the cursor is over the grid):

Cn3H5VR.png

Spectral. Think of it as a paint program. That's the key difference.

Even MS Paint auto scrolls on a larger picture. I can't do a continuous click and drag. I have to fill in x blocks, stop, scroll down, fill in more, stop, scroll, etc. I'l have to look at the tutorial to see if there's a copy layer option.

I wonder if Hal's editor does have an auto-scroll function. I just tried it and wasn't able to find it. In order to enable auto-scroll you could deactivate the 'Mouse wheel changes layer' option (extras -> options -> View) but then you cannot switch the layer using the mouse wheel. Maybe it's feasible to implement click and drag with left mouse button but that would be tricky imo. Perhaps copying Hal's solution is the best approach.^^

There is a copy layer option on the tools tab. It's called replace layer though.

Update time!

Changelog v0.3q_b (July 31, 2017):

- added button to copy texture to all texture text fields (see screenshot)

- fixed: import prefab function didn't reset all textures

Either use the buttons (red circle) to copy the textures to all text fields or double click on the texture list (blue circle).

FawLGNI.png

I wonder if Hal's editor does have an auto-scroll function. I just tried it and wasn't able to find it. In order to enable auto-scroll you could deactivate the 'Mouse wheel changes layer' option (extras -> options -> View) but then you cannot switch the layer using the mouse wheel. Maybe it's feasible to implement click and drag with left mouse button but that would be tricky imo. Perhaps copying Hal's solution is the best approach.^^

There is a copy layer option on the tools tab. It's called replace layer though.

I thought HAL's had that feature, maybe not. Idk how hard it would be to code, but what about, clicking and holding the mouse wheel to drag also. I'm guessing a lot of us have gaming mice, about what making the button selectable in the settings? I'm not a coder so I don't know how difficult either option would be, just throwing a couple of ideas out there.

Ok, thanks for your suggestion.

I'm not a coder so I don't know how difficult either option would be, just throwing a couple of ideas out there.

I was rather thinking about the usability

Update Time!

The last patch broke the import function. Sorry for this mistake. The new update (0.3q_c) should fix the problems.