Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

I keep getting empty spawn volumes. (sigh)

The xml files and the sleeper blocks look ok. So I don't know if that's a problem with the editor (to be honest, I don't think so). Maybe you could send me a prefab causing those errors?

@layarion

I don't have time for a detailed reply atm so this must be enough. ;)

1) That's already planed.

2) Are you talking about a list of hotkeys? (I think I am going to implement configurable hotkeys very soon).

3) Ok, makes sense.

4) see 3)

5) That's a technical limitation atm.

6) Is already implemented (tool -> replace layers from ... to... with layers from ... to.

7) There are plans for this feature.

8) Probably. There are a few problems though, e.g. auto-save would be annoying if you work with very big prefabs.

9) The middle mouse button is hotkey for the block picker (it doesn't change the current tool and works with all tools/modes).

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

The xml files and the sleeper blocks look ok. So I don't know if that's a problem with the editor (to be honest, I don't think so).

@layarion

I don't have time for an detailed reply atm so this must be enough. ;)

1) That's already planed.

2) Are you talking about a list of hotkeys? (I think I am going to implement configurable hotkeys very soon).

3) Ok, makes sense.

4) see 3)

5) That's a technical limitation atm.

6) Is already implemented (tool -> replace layers from ... to... with layers from ... to.

7) There are plans for this feature.

8) Probably. There are a few problems though, e.g. auto-save would be annoying if you work with very big prefabs.

9) The middle mouse button is hotkey for the block picker (it doesn't change the current tool and works with all tools/modes).

2) listing the available hotkeys yes

6) ah, i see now.

8) true, it's not necessary. Parhaps switch it up. Instead, whenever a manual save is done - have it also create a backup of the previos save. until space is full.

9) you didn't list that in your OP under hotkeys, so it's your fault this time :p even if i didn't read them until recently. you should add the hotkeys to the icons tooltip.

Fresh prefab, all sorts of volume settings. I get the trigger response in console, it's just almost always empty. Like 99%. They do spawn 1% of the time.

I'm even smart enough to move locations so the chunk counter doesn't say "no more spawns".

It's frustrating, and likely nothing to do with your editor. :)

I had some sleep, so will try additional tests later.

I'm sure i just don't understand something.

1) i search for "sleeperidle" because i want standing ones to add to my "target range"

2) enable the edit tool

3) place idle sleeper in block

4) save

5) type in "bbb ip training 1898 3 -991 [sleepers]" and hit enter

6) it loads

7) but the place where the sleeper is suppose to be is empty.

???

did i miss a step?

@layarion

Sleepers don't work without sleepervolumes. I think you've forgotten to add those volumes. So use the "sleeper volumes" tab to add a new volume and put the sleeper blocks inside that volume. See here

:)

Btw. what means placing an idle sleeper in black?

@layarion

Btw. what means placing an idle sleeper in black?

you must have read the post before i could update it. *block

Will try that volume thing out, and i didn't forget - i just didn't know i needed it. I'm just kinda fumbling through your editor because I don't really want to look things up.

Which, with that fumbling thing in mind, your editor is mostly easy to figure out, but i did have experience with hal's already.

Ok good luck then. ;p Also take care of comments #234 and #237 when placing the volumes. Atm it's not completely clear how the volumes have to be placed.^^ I hope one of you guys can find out how the sleeper block / volume system works.

Ok good luck then. ;p Also take care of comments #234 and #237 when placing the volumes. Atm it's not completely clear how the volumes have to be placed.^^ I hope one of you guys can find out how the sleeper block / volume system works.

um ... 237 is my own post...

Actually you're supposed to help me with sleeper volumes.^^

That looks fine to me but I am not an expert (the options and volume parameters should be fine). I think there are some unknown conditions which have to be meet (e.g. certain combinations of SleeperVolumeGroups and SleeperVolumeGameStageAdjusts don't seem to work). Maybe Slaan or another more experienced A16 prefaber can help you. I don't know what's wrong in your prefab, sorry layarion.

um ... 237 is my own post...

Sorry, I meant 236.

Actually you're supposed to help me with sleeper volumes.^^

That looks fine to me but I am not an expert (the options and volume parameters should be fine). I think there are some unknown conditions which have to be meet (e.g. certain combinations of SleeperVolumeGroups and SleeperVolumeGameStageAdjusts don't seem to work). Maybe Slaan or another more experienced A16 prefaber can help you. I don't know what's wrong in your prefab, sorry layarion.

Sorry, I meant 236.

well now that i have caught up on the rest of the map, i can divert my attention to some help in the forums now.

i got some other projects to do as well though, like make some guides n stuff. might be awhile before i get back to you. ttyl

I couldn't spot the exact calculation, but it appears there is a gamestage adjustment to the emptyChance

If you are not getting sleeper spawns, and especially if you see "Triggered empty sleeper volume." in the logs, then you need to raise your gamestage (settime 1000 7 0 should do it) or increase the difficulty adjustment for the sleeper volume, or set it to one of the loot volumes with sleeper groups that have an emptyChance of 0

Edited by StompyNZ (see edit history)

I couldn't spot the exact calculation, but it appears there is a gamestage adjustment to the emptyChance

If you are not getting sleeper spawns, and especially if you see "Triggered empty sleeper volume." in the logs, then you need to raise your gamestage (settime 1000 7 0 should do it) or increase the difficulty adjustment for the sleeper volume, or set it to one of the loot volumes with sleeper groups that have an emptyChance of 0

would these logs be something that i press f1 and see at the top, or do i have to find a file to confirm these logs are there?