[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

ah sorry, Using True-Survival-SDX-master. I copied the three folders and overwrote the files in root, locally, so when I run the client, gives all the errors when loading the blocks and textures so forth.

save yourself a big headache and use the 7dtd modlauncher by sphere

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Spider, "trash can" is a requirement for the cement mixer. I don't see a recipe to craft it, and I've tried to pick one up in the wild using a ston axe, a pick, and a wrench, all three just destroy it. Any ideas?

hes fixing that

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, i think something may be up with the bandit count. I am seeing more bandits in my play than I am zombies, I mean they are EVERYWHERE. Is there some way I can either get rid of them or majorly turn down the spawn rate of them?

bandits spawn at 2 specific pois and in burnt forest and wasteland biomes

they dont spawn anywhere else

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Spider does TS SDX have bandits in it? If so do you use your own bandit mod or someone else's?

bandits are based on stompys bad co. bandits with spiders tweaks to ai and buffs added

Been trying to figure out how to install this on a Mac for people. So far, i've found:

Root Folder

root.jpg.9c885afa4c16ebe79acd2b409c8e7d7d.jpg

Inside 7daystodie.app

appfile.jpg.cc28b32965ce694be4f0d1445ef52202.jpg

DLL Location

dllfiles.jpg.ed68450a1f183205c236ba0d687ad3e8.jpg

Mod folder is still installed in the root game folder

The rest of the files are inside 7daystodie.app which you can open like a normal folder.

You copy all the data files inside that.

To install the .dll files you need to locate them in 7daystodie.app>Content>Resources>Data>Managed

Where I am running into an issue, The file "config.xml" that goes into the root file on a windows pc is not working for mac. Causing errors with the blocks.xml file during loading.

You can see this error on windows if you install the files on your windows client and do not copy over the config.xml file.

This leads me to believe that the mod can be installed on mac, if we can figure out where config.xml is supposed to go, and if something that calls that file needs to be modified.

Images because uploading here failed:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://imgur.com/a/sJOnm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ERROR:

1403170378_ejwnyeeohcamamc_8aakzs3obwgsnc(1).jpg.b95370a89bd7c17f7db3e3a8dea54998.jpg

ejwnyeeohcamamc_8aakzs3obwgsnc.jpg.0710889ab049b37439999fc57042a088.jpg

Been trying to figure out how to install this on a Mac for people. So far, i've found:

Root Folder

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19412[/ATTACH]

Inside 7daystodie.app

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19413[/ATTACH]

DLL Location

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19414[/ATTACH]

Mod folder is still installed in the root game folder

The rest of the files are inside 7daystodie.app which you can open like a normal folder.

You copy all the data files inside that.

To install the .dll files you need to locate them in 7daystodie.app>Content>Resources>Data>Managed

Where I am running into an issue, The file "config.xml" that goes into the root file on a windows pc is not working for mac. Causing errors with the blocks.xml file during loading.

You can see this error on windows if you install the files on your windows client and do not copy over the config.xml file.

This leads me to believe that the mod can be installed on mac, if we can figure out where config.xml is supposed to go, and if something that calls that file needs to be modified.

ERROR:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19416[/ATTACH]

Config.xml should appear in the folder where the mods folder is. I am on mobile for a few days so this may be a struggle for me.

My guess is that the payload DLL isn't changing the path correctly. It tries to look up the application.datapath value, which on Windows is the 7daystodie_data folder. It then moves one folder up to look for the config. I wonder what the application.datapath is for the Mac.

If you are comfortable with the shell, you could try using symlinks. This may be too challenging for some but it may be a few days before I can try to fix it.

ah sorry, Using True-Survival-SDX-master. I copied the three folders and overwrote the files in root, locally, so when I run the client, gives all the errors when loading the blocks and textures so forth.

Can you post the contents of your output_log.txt to pastebin?

Thank you for the imgur link. I think I can fix the issue with the Mac but need to get access to a PC first.

How many Mac users are struggling with this?

at least 2 :) With that being said, I think many mac users tend to give up early on mods, since they run into errors, as general instructions dont work for them. It would be nice if there was a way to solve this for them. Also, They should stop buying macs to play games.

at least 2 :) With that being said, I think many mac users tend to give up early on mods, since they run into errors, as general instructions dont work for them. It would be nice if there was a way to solve this for them. Also, They should stop buying macs to play games.

Macs are strange gaming machines, for sure. With the help of your screenshots, I may be able to help.

@jprasch-

I am using some of Bad Company's Archetypes and some were made by drkstardragon. Their AI I would call a community effort. I added their weapons, buff, loot, spawing and all that jazz.

@samdaman114-

Bandits only spawn at a few POI's and very rare spawn in the wastelands. You can tell them apart from followers because a Bandit will be yelling and cussing at you while they chase and shoot at you. NPC's have a 3% chance to spawn and Bandits have way less than that.

@unlike them-

Miner 69'er effects block damage with anything even fist. It just increases all your block damage output.

@MikeIsTheWorst-

Sounds like you have never actually used the weapon. Its pretty OP actually. I would bet your reading the stats in game? Ya those are not right on any item, they do not take into account the bonus damage or your player stats. Weapon and Tool Stats are worthless just use it to learn what it does. Their durability is their negative effect or no one would use any other weapon ever. They are that good.

@daydark-

No it can be collected you must be breaking the wrong one. You want the one that looks like the icon, the one that the Spotlight looks like it is made from. The small round aluminum silver trash can.

@wolverine576-

Almost all skills now use the curve that Wood working and Stone Working had last build. This curve levels faster at first then gets harder later. So you feel more like you are progressing at the start.

Get to the rest and the bugs when I get home from work

A possible Bug I found

Hey Spider-

So last night I found a possible Bug. Randomly my generator stopped working, as in Would not start again from the Lock Icon. It would show On/Off. My wife tried as well, no luck. Double checked there was plenty of gas, and I had used it earlier yesterday. It had been placed for roughly 2 Days. I ended up having to break it and put a new Generator down which worked fine.

I also had a weird glitch with log cabin blocks on my roof. I was making Gardens with Water/Soil inside a 1 log cabin block "fence", and randomly the whole 1 high block structure collapsed and demolished itself, but none of the roof of the house collapsed at all, as I was clicking to loot the plants.

Have a good day.

Finally got around to trying out the SP version of the new version. The frame-rate hit in this mod seems unusually high. In the forest/plains I get about half the framerate I get in vanilla or Valmod. I suspect this is due to all the additional grass added. I have encounted 2 small cities so far and in each my framerate drops to about 2 or 3, even at 1080 rez. In small cities in my version of Valmod I get 40+ fps @1440 rez, so I'm not sure what this issue is. I checked the log and my guess is its related to the flooding of the followers bone rotation errors, sdx changes, and object overlap errors. Last time this happened was in the Starvation mod when they were using SDX sleeper code. When that was removed, the framerate issues went away. I will try to eliminate the followers, and reduce the vegetation in the mixer and see if that helps.

Archived