[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

It looks like you didn't take the SDX files from Managed into the new installation. It's asking for Classes that don't exist in the vanilla game but do exist in the modded dll files. You also need to be launching the game with a special command line switch.

This is why you should run it from the 7D2D launcher. It handles all of that for you.

1st. I copied all the exact same way I did for the original True Survival Mod. I am just using the regular launcher since I'm not familiar with the other launcher and was just testing to see if I could get this to work. IF it doesn't in the 7d launcher than I'll wait for that to be fixed. No worries.

What would you like to know about the output_log? theres 11 files with "output_log" in them.

I would want to see the latest log file. That'll have your actual error.

It looks like you didn't take the SDX files from Managed into the new installation. It's asking for Classes that don't exist in the vanilla game but do exist in the modded dll files. You also need to be launching the game with a special command line switch.

This is why you should run it from the 7D2D launcher. It handles all of that for you.

True Survival SDX should not require a special command line switch, but your advice is still correct :)

Okay. Let me try to figure out this launcher first. I'll see if I can get it to work. Does it work the same. Way the Starvation launcher set up is

You can find the 7D2D Mod Launcher link here

Short guide:

1) Click on Advanced

2) Click on Spider

3) For the Destination Folder, you can click on the folder to pick where the mod will be installed at. By default, it's C:\7D2D\

4) Click on True Survival SDX

5) Click on Copy to make a copy of your Steam folder

6) Click on Play mod

The first time you press Play, it will take awhile to download. True Survival SDX is about 500 megs, so depending on how fast your internet connection is, it could take 5 minutes up to an hour. Every other time after that will be much faster.

Got it. Working perfectly. Launcher is amazing! So simple :) looking forward to this one. Thanks everyone. And thank you Spider!

Only thing the copy of spider went into my other hard drive. Which is okay. I can always move it later. Just want to keep all the games in order and know which one I load up. But this one I don't have to worry. Since it's separate, I don't have to change anything in the files. Which is nice :)

Got it. Working perfectly. Launcher is amazing! So simple :) looking forward to this one. Thanks everyone. And thank you Spider!

Only thing the copy of spider went into my other hard drive. Which is okay. I can always move it later. Just want to keep all the games in order and know which one I load up. But this one I don't have to worry. Since it's separate, I don't have to change anything in the files. Which is nice :)

If you click on Spider, you'll see a Destination Folder for Mods. You can click on the blue folder, and pick another location where the mods will get installed.

So, if you choose X:\Games\7D2D\, you will find Spider's True Survival SDX at X:\Games\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\

The Mod Launcher makes a complete copy of your base game, so as not to get adversely affected by Steam updates, or by any other mods you maybe interested in trying out.

I also get this error, even with launcher.

Is it version 15.1? can I use 15.2? Latest experimental?

Latest 15.2. With True Survival SDX mod selected, can you click on the View menu, then Log Files. There will be an option to upload the Launcher log file, as well as the game's log file. When you click upload, it'll give you a link to the pastebin upload. If you could kindly supply those, I'll be able to help you further.

Latest 15.2. With True Survival SDX mod selected, can you click on the View menu, then Log Files. There will be an option to upload the Launcher log file, as well as the game's log file. When you click upload, it'll give you a link to the pastebin upload. If you could kindly supply those, I'll be able to help you further.

this is the paste i got after uploading log directly after failing to start the game

http://pastebin.com/tGjaEHcr

this is the paste i got after uploading log directly after failing to start the game

http://pastebin.com/tGjaEHcr

Thank you for the log file. Do you happen to have the Output_log.txt as well? If you click on Spider -> True Survival SDX, then there should be another log file available in the View -> Log Files screen.

I noticed you are installing the mod in your Steam folder. While that isn't a problem in itself, it isn't recommended, since you won't be able to play vanilla anymore, until you re-validate against Steam.

I recommend using Advanced Mode in the Mod Launcher, since it keeps things nice and clean.

Ok Jeoshua, part one!

Jeoshua= Now that the files have been released officially, I hope this will be okay if I send you a few things I've found wrong. I was going to send this to you, personally, because it's going to get long and technical, and I didn't want to mess up your release thread. However, your inbox is full, and I don't want this to go to waste.

Going through the files, I've found a few issues, some vanilla unfixed that only became apparent with this mod, others simply made an issue with the changes in materials:

blocks.xml

id 138 BrickMaster - Adds ScrapCable to the droplist. This block extends BrickNoUpgradeMaster, which already has the drop. These drops are all inherited and harvest/drop inheritance cannot be blocked like other properties. Suggest removal of all harvest and drop events from this object.

Done

id 316 porchLight01 - Material type has thousands of hit points, making lights extremely hard to break/disassemble. Suggest setting MaxDamage value to ~150 or so, which will propagate to all light objects which derive from this object (which is all of them, I think).

Done

id 364 streetLight01 - Same issue as porchLight01. Bigger object, so it should have more hitpoints, but thousands is far too many to be harvestable.

Done

id 327 cntMailbox - Also has thousands of hit points. Suggest setting that MaxDamage pretty low.

Done

id 336 cntBin - Same issue. Tiny object, tons of hit points because it's made of metal, therefore unharvestable and nigh invincible.

Done

id 1348 shoppingBasketEmpty - Same as the bin. Tiny object, ridiculous hit points. Suggest 250.

Done

id 1349 cntShoppingBasket - Same

Done

id 338 cntSuitcase - Material is "wood", object is clearly plastic. Suggest changing material to "Mplastics"

Done

id 624 cntCooler - Same problem as cntSuitcase. Clearly plastic, but supposedly made of wood for some reason.

Done

id 366 cntDeskSafe - Has as many hit points as a Gun Safe. Suggest changing material to "Mmetal_medium"

id 1426 cntDeskSafeInsecure - Same as above

id 367 cntWallSafe - Same as above

id 1427 cntWallSafeInsecure - Same as above

These are made or the same material. A small chunck or iron is just as hard to break as a big chunk or iron

id 465 mattress - Cannot be disassembled like the old beds can. Suggest adding springs as a harvest event with a disassembly tool

Done

id 547 endTable - Made of material wood_weak. Since if 548 endTableLamp derives from this, and is one of the good sources for scrap cables, suggest that it be changed to material "furniture"

Done

id 623 FileCabinet - Made of metal. Too many hit points to harvest those sweet mechanical parts out of it.

Done

id 788 ladderWood - Since nails are really the limiting factor in making ladders, they should drop nails instead of sticks when destroying them (possibly both?)

Done

id 885 pottedPlant - Has thousands of hitpoints, but it's a small and (should be) fragile object. Suggest having it have about 250 hitpoints. An axe swing or two and it should be toast.

Done

id 1165 commercialDoor1_v2 - Extends commercialDoor1_v1, which gives a doorknob on disassembly. This gives two chances for getting a doorknob from these doors. Suggest either removing inheritance or rebasing this (and other doors) on a baseDoor object which doesn't have any drops.

Done

id 1180 houseFrontDoor1_v2 - Same problem.

Done

id 1755 workBurnBarrel - Changing the particle effect to "campfire" seems to have messed up the lighting effect. Changing it back to the vanilla values appears to allow one to turn it on and off without such errors.

Done

ids 50-54 crackedMunitionsCrate - Looks like a basic chest, because no mesh has been set and it derives from cntStorageChest. I changed 50 and 51 to use the same model as the munitions crate and it looks fine now.

Done

id 1701 MilitaryTruckSecure - Downgrades into a destroyed truck frame, instead of the insecure version, like all other locked pickables.

Done

id 1741 GarageDoor - Part of the "Basic" list of craftables. Probably should just be Building. Also, has no crafting skill group, so it's considered "Miscellaneous". I'm guessing it should be at least Journeyman Crafting.

Done

ids 2009 and 1990 Shutters and Gates - Also no crafting groups. Should be Journeyman Crafting. All other gates/shutters derive from these, so changing these two should be enough.

Done

id 1740 drawBridge - No crafting group, again. I'm thinking Engineering is appropriate. Also set as one of the "Basics" in the crafting list, and I doubt one will be building more than a few of these.

Done

id 2000 Elevator - Also does not have a crafting group, although it really should be Engineering heavy.

Done

id 1747 DecalSphere - Can be mined, and yet cannot be stacked. Seems like this should not be able to be picked up or mined, at all.

Done

id 2013 BrokenCars - Material is set to "stone", probably should me Mmetal_weak

These are just place holders for RWG

id 2014 militaryCars - same thing. Maybe it is possible these are just placeholders, since I've never seen a car in game throw off stone chunks when hitting it, but you never know.

These are just place holders for RWG

Also, the drops for scrapIron are very low, considering that there is almost no chance to harvest iron from anywhere reasonably accessible. Cars and metal objects could be given much more scrapIron in their harvest/drop area without changing the balance of the game, too much. This also gives some more feedback when wrenching stuff apart, which makes it feel like you're actually getting something accomplished, while not really giving a whole lot of material return, since 1 scrapIron = 1 unit_iron in the forge.

Done

Thank you

If you click on Spider, you'll see a Destination Folder for Mods. You can click on the blue folder, and pick another location where the mods will get installed.

So, if you choose X:\Games\7D2D\, you will find Spider's True Survival SDX at X:\Games\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\

The Mod Launcher makes a complete copy of your base game, so as not to get adversely affected by Steam updates, or by any other mods you maybe interested in trying out.

Thank you!

Playing SP:

So I'm running into areas that my frame rate drops to 3 FPS (usually around some parts of roads).

Restarting does not clear the issue.

I have 32gig of fast memory and a good rig so I don't think this is on my end.

Anyone else getting this?

I'm encountering a strange issue. I picked Park Ranger and read all the books etc when I unlocked my briefcase. But all the skills I'm supposed to get, I have to purchase them with skill points. (Bear Trap / Stone Spear and Javelin / Spike Traps / Herbal Antibiotics / Purification Tablets)

@daydark-

If you selected your profession properly and read all the skill books you should have it. It still shows in the Skill/Perk Screen as a choice for others but if you look at your profession perk you should see it listed there also.

Sorry dont know anything about Mac

Round 2!

Jeoshua

buffs.xml

AddictionLv* - speed modifiers should be changed with "mulValue" instead of "modifyValue", to multiply values instead of adding static bonuses, which are much more prone to errors. I had some issues in testing where multiple modifiers to my speed were being added and removed from various effects, and then not removed properly, making my basic speed stuck over 1.5 with all buffs gone. Description should also read as "These pills really work! Would be nice to have another. (Wellness loss 0.1 every 2 game hours)" for Lv1 (spell/grammar check)

Done

WithdrawalLv2 - Description has a "pretty graphics" backwards quote mark in the apostrophe of "It's". Looks bad in 32 bit editors (I’ve) and might cause problems in the game unless it supports UTF-8 properly.

WithdrawalLv3 - same issue

immunity - same, except it's "resistance" not "resistant's" so that's just a spelling error.

infection - same

biteWound - same issue on "You've" and "don't"

tendingBite - same as BiteWound

tendingBite2 - same

bruised - same

smallWound - same

wound - same

severeWound - same

Done

AddictionLv* and WithdrawalLv* - Tooltip descriptions and game effects don't match up. I changed all durations that I could to game time (100t = 1 game hour) and noticed this. I'm not sure which is the balanced value, the description or the stuff below

immunity - 16800t duration would be 7 days.

No I have had a lot of problems using the game time for buffs. People play with the game day lengths set different and it messes up the balance. So this is on purpose. I see I missed changing a few to real time but they are fixed now. Also fixed the descriptions of the buffs

Smoking - needs stack="reset", @wellness should be -0.1 instead of 0.1

It is missing its "stack" but I used extend

high - "You're high", not "Your high". I suggest changing the description entirely, to "You just smoked... uh, what? Hey, is that pie?". Also should use mulValue instead of setValue so the speed penalty can be counteracted with Stimulants.

Done

Thank you

Didn't know if it had been reported yet but the firing audio on the Uzi gets stuck in a loop, also some of the added firearms have rather loud firing audio.

Not confirmed, but I think the secondary melee charged attack can be exploited if you right click and immediately left click which allows you to attack twice very quickly.

Didn't know if it had been reported yet but the firing audio on the Uzi gets stuck in a loop, also some of the added firearms have rather loud firing audio.

Yes I am aware of it. Its kind of been on the back burner. Not positive on how to fix it. Haven't dove deep into sound modding. I am hoping adjusting the replay speed will fix it but I haven't goten a chance to try it yet. If I cant figure it out I might just drop the new custom sounds and assign vanilla gun noises to them. If you change whats in your hand the sound will stop. Sorry

It's no big deal. Thanks for looking into it. SP seems to be working well so far besides that though.

Just so happens I had made about a dozen custom firing and reloading sound clips for the Deathwish mod but were never used, if you're interested I could see if I can dig them up.

That would be super duper wonderful. Do you know if i can I add them with SDX?

I don't have experience with SDX, I think that all I had to do to get them working was to edit the sound config for a particular weapon to hook to the audio .ogg file after dropping the sound files into the mods folder in the 7dtd directory.

here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvn9u9tbqa61vj4/clips.rar?dl=0

Archived