[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

@daydark-

If you selected your profession properly and read all the skill books you should have it. It still shows in the Skill/Perk Screen as a choice for others but if you look at your profession perk you should see it listed there also.

Hey Spider thanks for the reply. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. I have all the ingredients for Herbal Antibiotics, on the Camp Fire, with a Cooking Pot, the fire is turned on, the recipe lights up White, but there is no craft button :(

I definitely picked the Ranger class & read all the skill books.

Please see the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/fHuZwj8.png

O.... Dont have time at the moment but Sphereii might be right I might have to set up a different download for servers. Get to it as soon as i can.

Hopefully you can figure it out.

Hoping to get our dedi up and running with the new version. Game is awesome from what we saw in coop

Hey Spider thanks for the reply. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. I have all the ingredients for Herbal Antibiotics, on the Camp Fire, with a Cooking Pot, the fire is turned on, the recipe lights up White, but there is no craft button :(

I definitely picked the Ranger class & read all the skill books.

Please see the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/fHuZwj8.png

Not a pro... but

<recipe name="herbalAntibiotics" count="1" craft_area="workMortarAndPestle"

Seems like Herbal Antibiots need the Mortar and Pestle instead of campfire.

@daydark-

That helps. Herbal Antibiotics are made on the Mortar And Pestle workstation. The Mortar And Pestle is a unlocked recipe that can be crafted in the forge. It can also be used as a tool on the Chemistry Workstation.

I fixed the description. Thank you.

Jeoshua

entityclasses.xml

zombieArlene, zombieDarlene, zombieMarlene - Have lootlist 38 (Fat Zombie loot). Since they're based on zombie01, removing that line from each of them will give them and all derivatives normal zombie loot.

Done

animalStag - The increased speed makes them utterly impossible to hit for me with a bow.

I lowered it slightly but i dont want players able to run up and melee animals

Also, sinew and animal bladders cannot be harvested with hunting weapons, only butchering weapons. That means that only Stone Knives and Iron Shivs allow you to get these items. Also, getting a single sinew (maybe) from a deer makes creating a crossbow or fishing pole an exercise in frustration. As is, you need to hunt and kill about 10 Stags and gut them with fairly flimsy tools in order to even think of crafting a low level fishing pole, and don't get me started on the Crossbow. Plus, some of the things in the Butcher section are marked as Hunter drops. I suggest consolidating the Butchering and Hunting weapons both here and in their item descriptions, and either increasing Sinew drops or making the recipes requiring them not require 20+ sinew.

This was a little messed up. The idea is as you get better at butchering animals you will be able to harvest more parts. The "Hunter" blades are the first one you can get that will start to level your hunting skill. Then you get a field knife and it will harvest more items. So I fixed the animals harvesting, increased sinew in animals and added it to the dog and zombie bear. I also fixed the blades to all have the correct action skills and hunter/butcher property

animalPig - Same issues, really. Also entities don't seem to suffer from the same inheritance problems as blocks do (just to mention that).

Done

animalRabbit - Dead body takes quite a long time to butcher. Suggest setting DeadBodyHitPoints to 10, to match the amount of damage needed to kill the animal in the first place.

Done

animalChicken - Same as the Rabbit (25 hit points for this one)

Done

crocodile - These things should be tough as iron, even dead. Suggest setting DeadBodyHitPoints to 2000, and having it drop a good amount of sinew when harvesting.

Done

ZombieRabbit - While good for a laugh, the first time, does this thing really need CanClimbWalls = True?

Yes.... yes it does :)

Thank you

Do you want us to keep reporting issues? If so, here's a small one:

Some of the Prices at the trader seem off. I'll give a "too low" and a "too high" example. $28 for a level 528 Shockstick. $26,750 for a level 400 Steel Fireaxe

"ZombieRabbit - While good for a laugh, the first time, does this thing really need CanClimbWalls = True?"

"Yes.... yes it does "

My first experience with zrabbit was it leaping through the 2nd floor window of a building i was looting, scared the sh*t out of me.

Hay Xamllew any way you could give me the line of code that calls the sound file from the Mods Folder?

Here it be

<!-- Pistol -->
<SoundDataNode name="Pistol_Fire">
	<AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire" />
	<NetworkAudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire_Network" />
	<Noise range="15" prio="1" time="1" heat_map_strength="0.3" heat_map_time="120" />
	[u][b]<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/Pistol_Fire" />[/b][/u]
	<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1" />
	<CrouchNoiseScale name="1" />
	<NoiseScale name="1" />
	<MaxVoices name="6" />
	<MaxEntities name="30" />
	<MaxRepeatRate name="0.001" />
</SoundDataNode>

So, after i install this mod, have EAC off, etc. I get to "Loading Items" and then the game locks up and shows this error:

SDX: Could not find bundle "Paprika"

error loading and parsing blocks.xml

It says, Paprika small plant prefab not found on block with id 260.

Also an exception saying "block with name treetallgrassdiagonal" not found.

There is more to this error but I believe those are the important bits. I don't know how to copy paste from the console.

So, after i install this mod, have EAC off, etc. I get to "Loading Items" and then the game locks up and shows this error:

There is more to this error but I believe those are the important bits. I don't know how to copy paste from the console.

Are you using the 7D2D Mod Launcher?

For the log file, you can go to your 7DaysToDie_Data\ folder, and look for the output_log.txt file. You can open that file up, and copy and paste the contents into an online service like pastebin. Then provide a link here, and we can review the log file for you.

Check to see if you have an SDX folder in your 7D2D user directory. See my recent post in the SDX tool Christmas post. If so delete it.

I'm either getting old or the game is too hard. I used to think I'm a 'True Survival' veteran, now you make me feel as a noob. Congratulations, if it was your intention. My old experience doesn't help now, the game feels new.

I wasn't playing much, less than a game's week, so not much feedback so far. Single Player is boring, so I'll join the server today. I'm gonna team up with anyone who's willing to play together, I feel like I need help surviving.

- Poisonous creatures are my new nightmare. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept, I think they fit this mod very much. But like the mines in the wasteland, you can't do much to avoid them. Dogs, bears and hornets all give you warnings before attack, so you can hear them and retreat. You can say 'watch your step', but even with no zombies it is not easy. And when you run from zombies (normal activity in this mod), you can't watch your step. So low level character, who don't have access to a stockpile of grain alchohol to craft anti-venom are pretty much doomed. So its basically a random death that you cannot really avoid. My suggestion is to remove the death stage. Let me suffer stamina drain and health drain (so I have to spend a day or two on my bedroll and eat painkillers), but let me recover from poison without antivenom. That still makes those spiders/snakes/scorpions very nasty, but not a death sentence anymore. And anti-venom is still useful to remove this stamina/health drain penalty.

- Too many NPC survivors (at least in Single Player), lets cut them half at least.

- And it lags (stutters), I think it is because of them.

- Park ranger profession, starts with no Old Rifle (only ammo), and it says 'stone spear unlocked', but no such thing neither in the craft list, nor in the creative menu.

- Mechanic profession description (on the front page) says '+10% crafting time', did you mean '-10%'? Or does he really craft longer?

- Stone axe description still says 'repair and upgrade', but it doesn't do it in our mod.

- No strawberry icon.

That's all for now, joining the server, wish me luck.

@unlike Them-

I made Anti Venom easier to craft this build for that exact reason. Venom poison is easier to get so its cure is easier to make. Watch were you step :)

Turned NPC's down but like zombies they always seem like a lot on a map start. Once they start to die it will feel much more natural as they have a long respawn delay

I haven't experienced any lag on servers. This is SDX and does require more RAM then vanilla. Servers seem to handle it well though.

The starter weapons/tools are received when you start your Profession Quest not in the kit. This is so I can control the durability of the item.

Fixed the Spear for Park Ranger

Ya Mechanic crafts faster not slower

Fixed Stone Axe Description

Might check your download the Strawberry Icon is there and hooked up correctly

Thanks for the bugs see you on the server.

Part 4?

Jeoshua

items.xml

handBurningZombie - The burning zombie should do a bit of extra damage to wooden structures, don't you think? Burn your whole house down!

Done

stoneAxe - This needs a Damage buff vs stone. As is, it's pretty hard to even get enough stone to replace a stone axe mining the resourceRock at early levels.

I'm going to attack this a different way. I don't want the Stone Axe to be good. It should not be a fun tool to use and you should want to find or make something better as fast as possible. So I upped the rocks you get from Boulders instead

fireaxeSteel, pickaxeSteel, shovelSteel - Really should be sellable to the trader. They're amazing pieces of kit.

No. Im actually slowly removing almost everything from being able to be sold to a Trader. They will only take certain items like food, water, gas maybe some others but not most items.

stoneShovel - Needs a bit of a DamageBonus vs Earth. It is a shovel, after all.

No it is balanced with the rest of the shovels and I dont want it better for the same reasons as the Stone Axe. It should not be what you want to use.

wrench - There is a bit of a desync with the wrenching sounds. The sound lasts a bit longer than the animation. Setting the delay to 1.15 fixes this without adding too much of a pause. Also, the repair delay could be changed to 0.5 to make the Compact Driver more impressive in comparison.

Done

clawHammer - As a "primitive crafting" object, this should probably not have forgedIron and forgedSteel in the allowed upgrade items area. Also, "fertileDirt" is in that list twice.

I agree with you and had it like that a few builds ago but it was very hard for the players to understand what tool yupgrades what items. So it was removed. Fixed the dirt

crossbow - Has DegradationBreaksAfter = true. Most of the guns don't, tho, so this seems unintentional.

Done

gunAK47 - Has been set up to use 5.56mm ammo, which is incorrect. That gun will not accept that caliber of ammo, and would probably shatter the barrel if you tried to do it. The proper ammo type is 7.62x45 NATO.

MTAR - THIS gun should take 5.56mm rounds.

AK12 - This gun has the ability to accept either 7.62mm or 5.56mm rounds. The propensity for people to call the AK47 and the AK12 both "AK" when referring to them is the source of the confusion.

And I cant carry 5 tons of building supplies either. So some things are done for smother game play and easier balancing. I had to choice what weapons and what ammo to create and this is what I cam up with. Sometimes you have to use your imagination when playing a game.

pipeBomb - Has stacksize of 50 one line before stacksize of 40.

Done

canBoiledWater - Should be somewhat stackable.

No it has no lid and I believe thats a vanilla thing

paper - EconomicValue should be about 5.

book - Needs an EconomicValue set, otherwise it will take how many paper it breaks down into and use that as it's sell value.

Removed the ability to sell it

huntingKnifeSpear - Has a Weight of 50, right before then specifying a Weight of 5. You only need one.

Done

ironShiv - Crafting group is set as "Ptimitive Crafting". I think you meant "Primitive Crafting"... Although, considering it's made on the anvil, it might as well be "Journeyman Crafting"

Fixed it. No anvil is a level 5 workstation

Tomahawk - You need to nerf those headshots. One-hit guaranteed head explosions every time. DamageBonus.head on the big swing was 112.5! Keep in mind that is a multiplier, and it stacks with DamageBonus.organic, EntityDamage, and any bonuses from skill. That gives a total of 28125 damage for a 600th level Tomahawk, without even taking the skill/perk bonuses into account! I don't think that was intended, at all. I was popping Brute heads with a hand crafted Tomahawk at around level 25, in one shot. I see you tried to bring this under control by lowering the decimal on DismembermentBonus, but it's really just the obscene damage it does that was causing it. Also, it needs an ActionSkillGroup change to "Blade Weapons" and possibly some DamageBonus to chopping wood (I mean, it is an axe).

Fixed the Action skill. Decapitation is on purpose. Bladed weapons should cut stuff off. But they should also degrade faster and need resharpening. It does do extra damage to wood but its not a tool its a weapon.

SanitizingBandage - Create_item references "emptyjar", should be "emptyJar". It might be worth it to bulk replace emptyjar -> emptyJar in all files.

Done. Search only showed it once

Antivenom - Has no EconomicValue, so cannot be sold. For the trouble its worth to craft it, it should be worth something.

Stimulants - Same. Addictive drugs should definitely be a hot commodity at the trader, or at least one more thing he can stick it to you for.

SuperPill - Same.

Intended

With all the fresh fruit and the fruit salad, there should probably be a wellness and eatFood_* trigger. Eating fresh fruit should make you healthier, not just give you small amounts of food to digest. Yes, there is a decent wellness boost for the three fruit salads, but no healing and not on the smaller ones and not on the 4-fruit salad.

Same goes for the veggies and veggie salads.

No un cooked foods do not give wellness. The food system actually has a lot of work behind it. I have spread sheets and formulas if you are really interested in how it is all balanced. But mainly the more you combine the more bonus you get to the base stats of the original items and when you cook food you get wellness.

Stirfry Po/Co/Ca/Me - Has a wellness boost of "0". It's gotta be higher than that.

Should be .8 fixed

canUnlabeled - DescriptionKey is set to "BearTrapDesc"

Done

AirCompressor - DescriptionKey is set to "cowboyHatGroupDesc"

Done

Joint - Has no EconomicValue set. I suggest 100. You could make a profitable weed dispensary, that way.

Fixed cant sell

bambooRaft - DescriptionKey is "FlaotDesc", when I think it should be "FloatDesc". Also needs changing in Localisation.txt

barge - same

Really? No one is going to see that but me and you lol

Fixed

--------------

My tweaks:

For the gun ammo, I added EntityDamage to the attributes of the ammo types in testing. This stacks with GetQualityFromWeapon, like with arrows. The values I used, based on the relative sizes of the bullets and exit wounds, are:

9mmBullet, 9mmFireBullet - 2

10mmBullet, 10mmFireBullet - 2,3

44MagBullet - 4,5

762mmBullet - 3,4

308mmBullet - 3,4

556mmBullet - 2,3

Yes, this makes the Magnum pretty nasty. All as it should be. It still won't stop a zombie unless you shoot it in the head, with these health values and special crit buffs, tho. May I also suggest adding a 50BMG sniper rifle. By the bullet scales I have above, that round would be 7,9 damage on its own. Talk about stopping power.

I'm happy with the firearm balance so far I will take this in to account if it begins to feel to weak

Super big thanks Jeoshua. You have saved me a ton of time and improved the game play for everyone. Your understanding of the Mod is refreshing and faltering. If you would ever like to try something a little more creative than just checking my work let me know

To everyone playing. If there is something that you don't understand about the mod or you feel stuck please make a post telling me so I can better explain things with descriptions and notes in game. I have been making this almost 2 years and I forget how it looks from the outside sometimes because I'm so involved in the inner workings. So what isn't clear isn't always clear to me. If that makes since.

Thank you for the log file. Do you happen to have the Output_log.txt as well? If you click on Spider -> True Survival SDX, then there should be another log file available in the View -> Log Files screen.

I noticed you are installing the mod in your Steam folder. While that isn't a problem in itself, it isn't recommended, since you won't be able to play vanilla anymore, until you re-validate against Steam.

I recommend using Advanced Mode in the Mod Launcher, since it keeps things nice and clean.

install with advanced mode did the trick, however, I would like to be able to install the game by copying the files right into the 7daystodie folder. I want to host a server (for me and my friend only) on another computer, a mac to be specific, and I don't know how the launcher will work on iOS, I do know that if I can get it to work by copying the files manually, then that will probably work on the mac also

To everyone playing. If there is something that you don't understand about the mod or you feel stuck please make a post telling me so I can better explain things with descriptions and notes in game. I have been making this almost 2 years and I forget how it looks from the outside sometimes because I'm so involved in the inner workings. So what isn't clear isn't always clear to me. If that makes since.

So that which isn't clear... isn't clear... got it ;)

I know them feels. Someone complains they can't do something that you know very well is on line 653 of suchandsuch.xml, with comments to explain how it works... and then you remember they probably aren't reading the source code >.<

It's really hard to know what workstation/anvil/etc I need to craft something. For example, I am trying to craft the Dolly, I have all required materials and a Wrench, and I can't craft it on anything I've tried (workbench, forge, anvil, etc.) I've run in to this with a number of different recipes I've tried to craft. I'll make a list and update this later as I run in to them.

Another thing. I lost my Keystone block when I first started out. I see that there are 3 recipes. One that looks like you have to find a skillbook for, and another with a Hammer next to it which I assume means you make it at the workbench. Is that correct?

Is there any way you would be willing to hook me up with another starter keystone block? The crafted ones are insanely expensive (5000 stone, forged iron, etc)

Archived