[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

@DarkKlotz, wolverine576 and unlike them-

Updated front page with all that info

When i try to load the server i get this error

Exception: Block with name 'hardStone' not found!

at WorldBiomes.YJ (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.QJ (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.QJ (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.FJ (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.PQ (System.String , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.GF () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.StartGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Net_ServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetworkCommon.StartServers (System.String _password) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MainMenuMono.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I did notice that dedi directory is named 7DaysToDieServer_Data

And yours is named 7DaysToDie_Data

I tried to copy the files inside your 7DaysToDie_Data, into 7DaysToDieServer_Data, i get same error no matter how those folders are installed

Full log here http://pastebin.com/y4srMBzY

When i try to load the server i get this error

Exception: Block with name 'hardStone' not found!

at WorldBiomes.YJ (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.FJ (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.PQ (System.String , System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.GF () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.StartGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Net_ServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetworkCommon.StartServers (System.String _password) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MainMenuMono.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I did notice that dedi directory is named 7DaysToDieServer_Data

And yours is named 7DaysToDie_Data

I tried to copy the files inside your 7DaysToDie_Data, into 7DaysToDieServer_Data, i get same error no matter how those folders are installed

Full log here http://pastebin.com/y4srMBzY

The assembly-csharp DLL is different between server and client. Not sure if the mods.dll is also different.

Spider mentioned here that he was hoping for Sunday (today)

- - - Updated - - -

Did you connect to Spider's True Survival Server, or did you start a local game? Spider has not released the full single player mod yet, so in order for it to work correctly, you'll have to connect to his server.

I connected to the server. I'm also fine with a character reset as a solution.

True Survival XML error checking/fixes

Now that the files have been released officially, I hope this will be okay if I send you a few things I've found wrong. I was going to send this to you, personally, because it's going to get long and technical, and I didn't want to mess up your release thread. However, your inbox is full, and I don't want this to go to waste.

Going through the files, I've found a few issues, some vanilla unfixed that only became apparent with this mod, others simply made an issue with the changes in materials:

blocks.xml

id 138 BrickMaster - Adds ScrapCable to the droplist. This block extends BrickNoUpgradeMaster, which already has the drop. These drops are all inherited and harvest/drop inheritance cannot be blocked like other properties. Suggest removal of all harvest and drop events from this object.

id 316 porchLight01 - Material type has thousands of hit points, making lights extremely hard to break/disassemble. Suggest setting MaxDamage value to ~150 or so, which will propagate to all light objects which derive from this object (which is all of them, I think).

id 364 streetLight01 - Same issue as porchLight01. Bigger object, so it should have more hitpoints, but thousands is far too many to be harvestable.

id 327 cntMailbox - Also has thousands of hit points. Suggest setting that MaxDamage pretty low.

id 336 cntBin - Same issue. Tiny object, tons of hit points because it's made of metal, therefore unharvestable and nigh invincible.

id 1348 shoppingBasketEmpty - Same as the bin. Tiny object, ridiculous hit points. Suggest 250.

id 1349 cntShoppingBasket - Same

id 338 cntSuitcase - Material is "wood", object is clearly plastic. Suggest changing material to "Mplastics"

id 624 cntCooler - Same problem as cntSuitcase. Clearly plastic, but supposedly made of wood for some reason.

id 366 cntDeskSafe - Has as many hit points as a Gun Safe. Suggest changing material to "Mmetal_medium"

id 1426 cntDeskSafeInsecure - Same as above

id 367 cntWallSafe - Same as above

id 1427 cntWallSafeInsecure - Same as above

id 465 mattress - Cannot be disassembled like the old beds can. Suggest adding springs as a harvest event with a disassembly tool

id 547 endTable - Made of material wood_weak. Since if 548 endTableLamp derives from this, and is one of the good sources for scrap cables, suggest that it be changed to material "furniture"

id 623 FileCabinet - Made of metal. Too many hit points to harvest those sweet mechanical parts out of it.

id 788 ladderWood - Since nails are really the limiting factor in making ladders, they should drop nails instead of sticks when destroying them (possibly both?)

id 885 pottedPlant - Has thousands of hitpoints, but it's a small and (should be) fragile object. Suggest having it have about 250 hitpoints. An axe swing or two and it should be toast.

id 1165 commercialDoor1_v2 - Extends commercialDoor1_v1, which gives a doorknob on disassembly. This gives two chances for getting a doorknob from these doors. Suggest either removing inheritance or rebasing this (and other doors) on a baseDoor object which doesn't have any drops.

id 1180 houseFrontDoor1_v2 - Same problem.

id 1755 workBurnBarrel - Changing the particle effect to "campfire" seems to have messed up the lighting effect. Changing it back to the vanilla values appears to allow one to turn it on and off without such errors.

ids 50-54 crackedMunitionsCrate - Looks like a basic chest, because no mesh has been set and it derives from cntStorageChest. I changed 50 and 51 to use the same model as the munitions crate and it looks fine now.

id 1701 MilitaryTruckSecure - Downgrades into a destroyed truck frame, instead of the insecure version, like all other locked pickables.

id 1741 GarageDoor - Part of the "Basic" list of craftables. Probably should just be Building. Also, has no crafting skill group, so it's considered "Miscellaneous". I'm guessing it should be at least Journeyman Crafting.

ids 2009 and 1990 Shutters and Gates - Also no crafting groups. Should be Journeyman Crafting. All other gates/shutters derive from these, so changing these two should be enough.

id 1740 drawBridge - No crafting group, again. I'm thinking Engineering is appropriate. Also set as one of the "Basics" in the crafting list, and I doubt one will be building more than a few of these.

id 2000 Elevator - Also does not have a crafting group, although it really should be Engineering heavy.

id 1747 DecalSphere - Can be mined, and yet cannot be stacked. Seems like this should not be able to be picked up or mined, at all.

id 2013 BrokenCars - Material is set to "stone", probably should me Mmetal_weak

id 2014 militaryCars - same thing. Maybe it is possible these are just placeholders, since I've never seen a car in game throw off stone chunks when hitting it, but you never know.

Explosions seem to do very little to zombies, unless setting the explosion's DamageBonus vs organics very high. This is probably due to the increased hit points all the zombies have, and the fact that there is no script to add huge amounts of damage for hit points for explosions. In general, all explosives need a good tweaking with this mod, because at this point they're useless for anything but mining.

Also, the drops for scrapIron are very low, considering that there is almost no chance to harvest iron from anywhere reasonably accessible. Cars and metal objects could be given much more scrapIron in their harvest/drop area without changing the balance of the game, too much. This also gives some more feedback when wrenching stuff apart, which makes it feel like you're actually getting something accomplished, while not really giving a whole lot of material return, since 1 scrapIron = 1 unit_iron in the forge.

So that's the end of my list for blocks.xml. There are undoubtedly more issues that I'll find. I'm currently going through the rest of the files, tell me if this is helpful, I'll post more.

Congratulation Jeoshua your resume has been accepted and we welcome you to the True Survival Team...... lol

WoW . Its like I have have an Publishing Editor. So to stream line this process should I just send you the files before I publish then you can mark them all up with red ink and I'll correct the edits :)

Did you have all that ready or is that what you've done since I dropped the files?

Yes that's extremely helpful. Thank you. Its a big mod to manage all by myself sometimes I skip over things for more immediate needed fixes and then forget to go back. Most of these look like no brainers and I'll get in soon as I have some time. I'll have to check some of the HPs. The mod scales up damage and material HP to give me more control of damage bonuses.

But for tonight I'm actually..............going to play. Like a real play session. Anyone's welcome to join us on the fresh map on the Official Server. *Should* be our long term map.

Some is from the files I "Ninja'd" and have been working on in tandem. All of that is from going through with WinMerge and applying my own fixes to the files I just downloaded.

And that's why I usually require access to source code to provide bug reports ;)

@Erik Louden-

You break them open or you can use a lockpick gun to unlock them. In my mod wood and stone items do almost no damage to metal, Iron items do almost no damage to Steel. So if its a Wall, Desk or Gun Safe you would need at lest Iron tools to break it. If its a Ammunition Crate or Tank you will need Steel Tools to break it. If its a Ammunition Crate it will reset to locked after you loot it. It takes some time and will be immune to damage until then and chime when hit to let you know its not reset yet.

Um... never streamed before. Not against it. Wouldn't know how to go about doing it or if anyone would care to watch it.

buffs.xml

AddictionLv* - speed modifiers should be changed with "mulValue" instead of "modifyValue", to multiply values instead of adding static bonuses, which are much more prone to errors. I had some issues in testing where multiple modifiers to my speed were being added and removed from various effects, and then not removed properly, making my basic speed stuck over 1.5 with all buffs gone. Description should also read as "These pills really work! Would be nice to have another. (Wellness loss 0.1 every 2 game hours)" for Lv1 (spell/grammar check)

WithdrawalLv2 - Description has a "pretty graphics" backwards quote mark in the apostrophe of "It's". Looks bad in 32 bit editors (I’ve) and might cause problems in the game unless it supports UTF-8 properly.

WithdrawalLv3 - same issue

immunity - same, except it's "resistance" not "resistant's" so that's just a spelling error.

infection - same

biteWound - same issue on "You've" and "don't"

tendingBite - same as BiteWound

tendingBite2 - same

bruised - same

smallWound - same

wound - same

severeWound - same

AddictionLv* and WithdrawalLv* - Tooltip descriptions and game effects don't match up. I changed all durations that I could to game time (100t = 1 game hour) and noticed this. I'm not sure which is the balanced value, the description or the stuff below

immunity - 16800t duration would be 7 days.

Smoking - needs stack="reset", @wellness should be -0.1 instead of 0.1

high - "You're high", not "Your high". I suggest changing the description entirely, to "You just smoked... uh, what? Hey, is that pie?". Also should use mulValue instead of setValue so the speed penalty can be counteracted with Stimulants.

------------------------

entityclasses.xml

zombieArlene, zombieDarlene, zombieMarlene - Have lootlist 38 (Fat Zombie loot). Since they're based on zombie01, removing that line from each of them will give them and all derivatives normal zombie loot.

animalStag - The increased speed makes them utterly impossible to hit for me with a bow. Also, sinew and animal bladders cannot be harvested with hunting weapons, only butchering weapons. That means that only Stone Knives and Iron Shivs allow you to get these items. Also, getting a single sinew (maybe) from a deer makes creating a crossbow or fishing pole an exercise in frustration. As is, you need to hunt and kill about 10 Stags and gut them with fairly flimsy tools in order to even think of crafting a low level fishing pole, and don't get me started on the Crossbow. Plus, some of the things in the Butcher section are marked as Hunter drops. I suggest consolidating the Butchering and Hunting weapons both here and in their item descriptions, and either increasing Sinew drops or making the recipes requiring them not require 20+ sinew.

animalPig - Same issues, really. Also entities don't seem to suffer from the same inheritance problems as blocks do (just to mention that).

animalRabbit - Dead body takes quite a long time to butcher. Suggest setting DeadBodyHitPoints to 10, to match the amount of damage needed to kill the animal in the first place.

animalChicken - Same as the Rabbit (25 hit points for this one)

crocodile - These things should be tough as iron, even dead. Suggest setting DeadBodyHitPoints to 2000, and having it drop a good amount of sinew when harvesting.

ZombieRabbit - While good for a laugh, the first time, does this thing really need CanClimbWalls = True?

I'm working on items.xml right now.

items.xml

handBurningZombie - The burning zombie should do a bit of extra damage to wooden structures, don't you think? Burn your whole house down!

stoneAxe - This needs a Damage buff vs stone. As is, it's pretty hard to even get enough stone to replace a stone axe mining the resourceRock at early levels.

fireaxeSteel, pickaxeSteel, shovelSteel - Really should be sellable to the trader. They're amazing pieces of kit.

stoneShovel - Needs a bit of a DamageBonus vs Earth. It is a shovel, after all.

wrench - There is a bit of a desync with the wrenching sounds. The sound lasts a bit longer than the animation. Setting the delay to 1.15 fixes this without adding too much of a pause. Also, the repair delay could be changed to 0.5 to make the Compact Driver more impressive in comparison.

clawHammer - As a "primitive crafting" object, this should probably not have forgedIron and forgedSteel in the allowed upgrade items area. Also, "fertileDirt" is in that list twice.

crossbow - Has DegradationBreaksAfter = true. Most of the guns don't, tho, so this seems unintentional.

gunAK47 - Has been set up to use 5.56mm ammo, which is incorrect. That gun will not accept that caliber of ammo, and would probably shatter the barrel if you tried to do it. The proper ammo type is 7.62x45 NATO.

MTAR - THIS gun should take 5.56mm rounds.

AK12 - This gun has the ability to accept either 7.62mm or 5.56mm rounds. The propensity for people to call the AK47 and the AK12 both "AK" when referring to them is the source of the confusion.

pipeBomb - Has stacksize of 50 one line before stacksize of 40.

canBoiledWater - Should be somewhat stackable.

paper - EconomicValue should be about 5.

book - Needs an EconomicValue set, otherwise it will take how many paper it breaks down into and use that as it's sell value.

huntingKnifeSpear - Has a Weight of 50, right before then specifying a Weight of 5. You only need one.

ironShiv - Crafting group is set as "Ptimitive Crafting". I think you meant "Primitive Crafting"... Although, considering it's made on the anvil, it might as well be "Journeyman Crafting"

Tomahawk - You need to nerf those headshots. One-hit guaranteed head explosions every time. DamageBonus.head on the big swing was 112.5! Keep in mind that is a multiplier, and it stacks with DamageBonus.organic, EntityDamage, and any bonuses from skill. That gives a total of 28125 damage for a 600th level Tomahawk, without even taking the skill/perk bonuses into account! I don't think that was intended, at all. I was popping Brute heads with a hand crafted Tomahawk at around level 25, in one shot. I see you tried to bring this under control by lowering the decimal on DismembermentBonus, but it's really just the obscene damage it does that was causing it. Also, it needs an ActionSkillGroup change to "Blade Weapons" and possibly some DamageBonus to chopping wood (I mean, it is an axe).

SanitizingBandage - Create_item references "emptyjar", should be "emptyJar". It might be worth it to bulk replace emptyjar -> emptyJar in all files.

Antivenom - Has no EconomicValue, so cannot be sold. For the trouble its worth to craft it, it should be worth something.

Stimulants - Same. Addictive drugs should definitely be a hot commodity at the trader, or at least one more thing he can stick it to you for.

SuperPill - Same.

With all the fresh fruit and the fruit salad, there should probably be a wellness and eatFood_* trigger. Eating fresh fruit should make you healthier, not just give you small amounts of food to digest. Yes, there is a decent wellness boost for the three fruit salads, but no healing and not on the smaller ones and not on the 4-fruit salad.

Same goes for the veggies and veggie salads.

Stirfry Po/Co/Ca/Me - Has a wellness boost of "0". It's gotta be higher than that.

canUnlabeled - DescriptionKey is set to "BearTrapDesc"

AirCompressor - DescriptionKey is set to "cowboyHatGroupDesc"

Joint - Has no EconomicValue set. I suggest 100. You could make a profitable weed dispensary, that way.

bambooRaft - DescriptionKey is "FlaotDesc", when I think it should be "FloatDesc". Also needs changing in Localisation.txt

barge - same

--------------

My tweaks:

For the gun ammo, I added EntityDamage to the attributes of the ammo types in testing. This stacks with GetQualityFromWeapon, like with arrows. The values I used, based on the relative sizes of the bullets and exit wounds, are:

9mmBullet, 9mmFireBullet - 2

10mmBullet, 10mmFireBullet - 2,3

44MagBullet - 4,5

762mmBullet - 3,4

308mmBullet - 3,4

556mmBullet - 2,3

Yes, this makes the Magnum pretty nasty. All as it should be. It still won't stop a zombie unless you shoot it in the head, with these health values and special crit buffs, tho. May I also suggest adding a 50BMG sniper rifle. By the bullet scales I have above, that round would be 7,9 damage on its own. Talk about stopping power.

http://imgur.com/gallery/1jw4B

That's the error I get on start up? How to troubleshoot? I added the mods folders to the game and the config and prefab to the Data.?? Is there a solution, thanks!

Would you mind looking for your output_log.txt under the 7DaysToDie_Data/ folder? You can sort the folder by Date Modified to see the latest log file.

Did you also copy the 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/ files in the mod to the right locations? Are you using the 7D2D Mod Launcher?

1st. I copied all the exact same way I did for the original True Survival Mod. I am just using the regular launcher since I'm not familiar with the other launcher and was just testing to see if I could get this to work. IF it doesn't in the 7d launcher than I'll wait for that to be fixed. No worries.

What would you like to know about the output_log? theres 11 files with "output_log" in them.

Archived