Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

I'm sorry if this was asked elsewhere. But is it possible to get JUST the UI interface?

it's utterly BEAUTIFUL, and I'd love to use it in other mods I play as well, including replacing the vanilla interface for LoLs.

anyway, I'm only a day into the game, but it's very beautiful so far.

I'm sorry if this was asked elsewhere. But is it possible to get JUST the UI interface?

it's utterly BEAUTIFUL, and I'd love to use it in other mods I play as well, including replacing the vanilla interface for LoLs.

anyway, I'm only a day into the game, but it's very beautiful so far.

Short answer:

Standalone UI won't be out before A17.

Longer Answer:

Standalone UI of this mod is something planned for the future, but it's not going to be released any time soon, because of two things: First of all, I really like the fact, that this mod stands out from the rest and the UI is a part of the identity of the mod, because every other mod out there uses some form of SMX HUD, but I wanted to create something different. The UI itself took me more or less a year of my life's free time, another year to develop everything else. Secondly there are still some issues to be resolved with the UI to make it compatible with vanilla game.

Not to mention, that because of Alpha 17 introduction of major changes to Perks/Skills/HUD I will have to do a lot of updating to the UI to make it compatible with the next version and I don't really want to spend any extra time on all kinds of versions of the base mod, UI for vanilla and maybe UIs for other mods.

- - - Updated - - -

I was using 7D2D mod manager.

Clean up your vanilla game files before installing other mods, make sure your game is truly vanilla (Delete all files from game folder if necessary, verify game integrity on steam etc). Mod Launcher makes a copy of your game, if it's not vanilla, then all sorts of issues may appear.

error when lowering the resolution

I have tried the mod with the lowest revolutions and there is a fault and that is that the HUD goes out of the screen when entering a bonfire, forge and etc ... It would be great if this could be solved.

thank you very much and sorry for the above

Edited by FenixElCrack (see edit history)

I have tried the mod with the lowest revolutions and there is a fault and that is that the HUD goes out of the screen when entering a bonfire, forge and etc ... It would be great if this could be solved.

thank you very much and sorry for the above

What's your resolution? Undead Legacy won't support small resolutions. It's just not going to happen, because I can't fit enough information on the screen to accommodate those resolutions. Upgrade your monitor/pc.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

I watched the LetsPlay for Your mod. (BoreKPlays)

The first thing that i liked about your mod - is high Quality for mod. This is a rare attribute for mods...

Thanks. It's taking a lot of my free time, because I really want this mod to be as immersive as I i can make it with my skill set. Been working hard on the next update to improve looting experience.

Here's a sneak peak of something to be expected in the next update:

WYqgLwR.png

New "Soda Can" sized drinks, mostly for Vending machines. Separate Beer bottle, obtainable through trade/loot and not craftable, as well as Tequila, Vodka, new Cola Bottle icon etc, new Mega Crush icon. I made all of those cans just for this mod.

freestanding UI

Subquake I too would love to have your UI in other mods, BUT I for one would not do it. You have a lot of talent which is very evident in the details you have created for your mod. I can not and will not go back to vanilla after playing your mod. IT DOES NOT COME CLOSE TO THE IMMERSION YOU HAVE. In the best of all worlds, Madmole would offer you a position and you could continue to do what you are passionate about. Either way, I am appreciative of the time and effort you have put into creating an awesome extension to a good game. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.:smile-new:

Nice work as usual Subquake. I was hoping that you would add a more variety of beverages at some point.

I have a few questions about a some things here, if you don't mind. More possible bugs as well.

1) An LCD screen under "material" displays "Iron" but when scrapped it only produces 1 scrap plastic and it takes 2 LCD screens to scrap.

Video: https://streamable.com/qn9a9

2) Ammunitions table does not stop producing 9mm bullets after slots are filled but all material is lost when the limit is reached(5 slots + 500 each slot). However, If you are still at the table when the last slot is being filled, then the remaining bullets will be produced and placed into your backpack. If your not there.....their gone.

I was trying to create about 12,000 9mm bullets for the AT guns around my house and so I set the ammunition table to create as many as it could and then went about my business while it finished(ridiculous amount of real-time). But when I came back I only had 2500

My suggestion, raise the slot limit to 1000.

Video: https://streamable.com/i9bmc

3) Should it really take 11 steel ingots to create just 1 steel bar?

Creating a steel bar on the workbench takes 50 rebars and 1 forged steel piece each and the recipes for this seems a bit much imo. Only 1 steel ingot produces 5 rebars, while just 1 ingot produces 2 forged steel and I think this is where the "problem" lies. Meanwhile, iron bars takes 50 iron rebars and just 1 piece of iron - not forged iron - but it takes only 40 iron to create 1 iron ingot.

I'm just thinking out loud here but shouldn't 1 steel bar produce more than 5 rebars or not require forged steel at all? Or maybe not require so much material to create 1 steel ingot?

Both rebars and forged steel require 1 steel ingot each using the smithing table that can be created in the forge. Which makes sense. But creating just 1 steel ingot in the forge requires 40 iron and 20 clay. So in order to produce only 1 steel bar it takes 11 ingots (440 iron + 220 clay) that create a total of 50 rebars and 2 forged iron.

I was trying to create 100 steel bars for my perimeter within the last of couple weeks until I realized that I would need 1,100 steel ingots and would need to melt 44,000 iron + 22,000 clay in order to make them which seems like alot. However, I have managed to slowly get the materials(little by little) and I understand that the point of impressiveness is to not make things so easy. I just thought that I would bring it to your attention is all. Maybe it's just me but I think it's a bit much. Maybe see what others think about it and go there???

I agree jamanuel here. I personally wouldn't release the stand-alone UI.

I understand that your doing this just to help the community but at some point you have to draw the line. Maybe after awhile down the road when alot of people are using your mod you could release it then.... but until then I wouldn't. You put in too much time and effort into both the UI and the mod

Out of curiousity, what would happen if Ionly installed the UI related xml files? would it still work and allow me to just use it as a U mod or will it break?

It won't work without modifying the code, because in Undead Legacy I changed how vanilla workstations behave among other things.

Also the next update wasn't released in the weekend, because simply it wasn't ready for a release and it will require a bit more work, hopefully (fingers crossed) some time this week. You can follow on the progress of the mods development on discord chat any time, anyone is welcome to join, discuss mod progress and write any kind of concerns about future decisions on where the mod will be heading and how this or that impacts gameplay etc :)

hi, i am liking your mod so far, nice job,

so i am playing with ultrawide resolution(2560x1080), theres a way to icons get bigger? without messing things up, its not unplayable is just so many new things that i have to read, every now and then i have to squint a little.

hi, i am liking your mod so far, nice job,

so i am playing with ultrawide resolution(2560x1080), theres a way to icons get bigger? without messing things up, its not unplayable is just so many new things that i have to read, every now and then i have to squint a little.

You can increase the scale of the UI with one edit in the xml configuration files of the game:

1) Navigate yourself to:

<game or server root location>/Data/Config

2) Find the file: xui.xml

3) Edit this line:

<ruleset name="default" scale="1.0" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

to something, for example, like this:

<ruleset name="default" scale="[color="#FFFF00"][b]1.10[/b][/color]" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

That would increase the scale of the UI by 10%. You can try increasing the scale as long as all the UI elements are fitting within the screen space of your setup.

Wow these look great!!! Can't wait for new update to come out. By the way, will these have their own models?

No custom models just yet and I am going to hold off on adding too much custom models to the game in general, because of the strain on the performance, that any additional models will give. I'm more about gameplay and importing custom models, that add very little regarding gameplay isn't something I would do. First custom models, that will be added once I get into SDX will be custom workstation models and ranged weapons.

Here's something more:

unknown.png

No custom models just yet and I am going to hold off on adding too much custom models to the game in general, because of the strain on the performance, that any additional models will give. I'm more about gameplay and importing custom models, that add very little regarding gameplay isn't something I would do. First custom models, that will be added once I get into SDX will be custom workstation models and ranged weapons.

Here's something more:

unknown.png

Wow. TFP should hire you and maybe this game could be fun again... And your progress seems like Subquake "wants some more ni**a".

Can't wait until TFP finally optimize and fix their game plus add an official mod support cause the time and the content they create does not go well with each other.

Good day Subquake;

I've been playing your mod for about a week now since finding it and do enjoy it .. I can see a lot of work went into making the Mod.

But I have ( 1 ) request and I know this is an 7d2d issue and not just your mod .. BUT is there anything that can be Done about the Temperature .. my poor girl has put on and taken off her coat 6-8 times a day.

If there is a setting even you could point me to and maybe I could even turn it off .. Weather I have No problem with .. just the temperature and like I said it is an issue with all 7d2d games that I play and as lately I have over 2300 hrs in overall 7D2D games.

Being an old gamer nearing 73 .. Gaming is my bad Habit. LOL

Wow. TFP should hire you and maybe this game could be fun again... And your progress seems like Subquake "wants some more ni**a".

Can't wait until TFP finally optimize and fix their game plus add an official mod support cause the time and the content they create does not go well with each other.

While on paper that sounds amazing, I don't think I would have as much freedom as I have now, while making this mod, because TFP have their own vision on how they want the game to look and play, which is quite different of mine, therefore Undead Legacy was born :)

Good day Subquake;

I've been playing your mod for about a week now since finding it and do enjoy it .. I can see a lot of work went into making the Mod.

But I have ( 1 ) request and I know this is an 7d2d issue and not just your mod .. BUT is there anything that can be Done about the Temperature .. my poor girl has put on and taken off her coat 6-8 times a day.

If there is a setting even you could point me to and maybe I could even turn it off .. Weather I have No problem with .. just the temperature and like I said it is an issue with all 7d2d games that I play and as lately I have over 2300 hrs in overall 7D2D games.

Being an old gamer nearing 73 .. Gaming is my bad Habit. LOL

In the early stages of development I had a passive buff, that always was on and nullified the effects of the temperature, however it was removed shortly after the testing phase of the mod was done (Early November 2017) and I don't plan to put it back in, because A17 will change how clothing will work against weather, because from what I heard, clothing that will increase your resistance to cold won't decrease your resistance to heat and vice versa, so it should be easier to combat weather more easily in A17, therefore I don't really want to put much effort into something, that TFP will solve anyway. I Hope you understand.

Subquake .... (In the early stages of development I had a passive buff, that always was on and nullified the effects of the temperature, however it was removed shortly after the testing phase of the mod was done (Early November 2017) and I don't plan to put it back in, because A17 will change how clothing will work against weather, because from what I heard, clothing that will increase your resistance to cold won't decrease your resistance to heat and vice versa, so it should be easier to combat weather more easily in A17, therefore I don't really want to put much effort into something, that TFP will solve anyway. I Hope you understand.)

Sound good to me .. let's hope it works, Thank you for reply