Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Donate Paypal done by "moi" for all the time and all the work you did and will do for this mods. ty

Thank you so much for your support, much appreciated! Wish more people would support this mod. So far 13238 unique downloads and only just a handful of people have supported me by donations/patreon.

I understand, that not everyone can do that, though you also have to understand my situation, that it's not entirely free to make a good quality overhaul mod and sustain a community. Server upkeep, hosting, domain and other services require money to be sustainable in the long run, not even going into how much free time I have spent on making the mod as well as plans in the future to purchase proper good quality props for the mod for weapons, workstations, blocks, zombies etc - all that will require money, because most of freely available stuff is crap.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Question is it intended that it takes 600 gas to craft a barrel but when you go to reopen that same barrel you only get 300 gas back? for storage I like to put my gas into barrels ..loosing 300 gas seems a steep crafting cost

That's a bug, good find. Gas barrel gain of gasoline was reduced to 300, but I forgot to change the recipe. Will be fixed with next update.

can't launch dedicated server

Hello,

I'm trying to launch a dedicated game server through original 7d2d batch file. I've made clear install of the game, then unpacked mod files over game folder, Assembly_CSsharp.dll from '7d2dserver_data\managed' folder I putted over similar dll in '7d2d_data\managed' folder.

When I'm trying to launch .bat file, server is launching, but in the server log I see lines like next:

GameStat.ZombieHordeMeter = False
2018-02-18T22:47:26 6.241 INF StartAsServer
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2018-02-18T22:47:26 6.400 INF createWorld: Random Gen, AX3, GameModeSurvivalMP

at Block.GetBlockValue (System.String _blockName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Last message repeats constantly while server is running. Also I can't connect to the server from other computers.

Please help me, what does it mean? What I'm doing wrong?

@StrangerIV join the discord channel and me or anyone else from the community could help you with your issue. Link to discord channel: https://discord.gg/CZY8W2t

Quick tips:

Copy everything from the zip file to the server folder, not just the .dll files.

Make sure you are making a new world, not trying to load an existing one.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

So I got this game around a week ago and after my few unsuccessful attempts at vanilla I had gotten the hold of the game and tried it with your mod.

First and foremost, I have to thank you for this quality mod, it adds a rich layer and I like all the little things that are needed for crafting, as much as the new stacking and inventory. But I have to say that I love to collect stuff in this kind of games.

But now to some points I have to criticize:

First, the abundance of loot on zombies. I had trouble with getting the mini bike for 2 weeks (can't abstain of that brown colored frame in the apocalypse ;) ) and had to run everywhere.

Every time I reached the desired location my inventory was half full with pistols, hazmat suits, flashlights and so on from fighting zombies on my way. The trip alone netted me around 20-30k at the trader without even looting the location I was going for.

Secondly, although I don't know how much it is feasible for you, please give us models for the silenced weapons, it breaks the deep immersion of this mod quiet a bit for me and I abstain of using them for this reason.

@Rainspider Glad you are enjoying your time with this mod. Currently the mod doesn't feature any kind of custom models, but that's something planned for the future of the mod.

Initially the mod was developed to support easy anti cheat, but that meant, that I couldn't add any custom models, sounds, change core game functions or even increase backpack size, but because of high demand, the bigger backpack version was made, though I still haven't gotten to the point of adding in custom models.

I have some basic 3d modelling skills myself, but nowhere near the level I want them to be in order to have as good as vanilla or even better models for all sorts of weapons (ranged or melee), custom workbenches, blocks and even custom zombie models, therefore most of the funds gathered from patreons and donations are being saved up so that I will be able to buy good quality props for the mod later on down the road if necessary, since as I already mentioned, most freely available stuff is very poor quality in comparison to what I want.

Loot list balancing is an ongoing process and not an easy task to achieve. Improvements and tweaks regarding regarding that aspect will be made in the long run based on the feedback of the community.

@Subquake I've solved my problem somehow.

Both my computers, home and office, can't launch the game with your mod at the first launch. At the first launch the game hangs and can be stopped via task manager only, at second maybe too, but I can stop it by hitting ESC key, and only at third run game at last shows menu etc.

After I've copied that three-times launched game to my gameserver dedicated computer, it can run it too.

If you interested, I've attached logs of all three initial runs of a game. Maybe it will be useful for you.

Btw, I'm running Windows 7 x64 SP1 systems on all my computers.

output_logs.zip

@Subquake

I fully understand the reason of missing models and hope that your mod will get all the love it deserves for the future and will continue to grow.

As of the loot balancing I think that zombie loot could easily get cut back to 50-75% in relation to container loot.

I rob items worth >1k of nearly every 3-5 cadaver, with growing skill more like 3-5k, container loot is fine as it is.

As a quick question:

What is the difference between the small engine and a lawn mower engine?

I have yet to find both in a similar quality, but I guess the lawn mower engine is a bit slower and guzzles more gas in the mini bike? Is it better for use in generators because of higher torque?

I'm over level 100 and on day 270 I collected 10 box and a full backpack with loot. I killd around 320-350 Zombies with hammer and pistol.

I'm made a lot of bulletproof glass. And I think the plastic can be more frequent. IRL we made everything from plastic (toys, furniture, ect...)

In the loot I found to much complete weapon. I have 100K cash and I can buy what I want. Only weapon what I did not find is Elite Sniper rifle.

not sure what going on with air drops but we are getting like 40 plus at a time i mean everyone that is on gets that they spawning every where .but in game bout 2 hours later does it again and again .. i had to turn air drops off .. maybe u no bout this but ya u might want to look into this tks

@linda

I have been playing for a while and the sirdrops are fine for me!

Try to reinstall your game and reinstall the mod!

Some of your files could be corrupted!

But it's not the mod!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm over level 100 and on day 270 I collected 10 box and a full backpack with loot. I killd around 320-350 Zombies with hammer and pistol.

I'm made a lot of bulletproof glass. And I think the plastic can be more frequent. IRL we made everything from plastic (toys, furniture, ect...)

In the loot I found to much complete weapon. I have 100K cash and I can buy what I want. Only weapon what I did not find is Elite Sniper rifle.

Subquake is still playing around with the loot!

He will get it worked out! :)

@Subquake. Thank you for your hard work and time. This mod is unreal. Amazing. Been playing it for a little bit now, and I must say your UI is great. Just wanted to say thank you for your time.

Thanks! Hope you will like future changes for the mod as much as the current content it provides. Recently struggling with RL stuff and depression related to all the events recently happening in my RL as well as the drama currently going on with my UI being stolen and distributed by someone else, claiming, that he's the author and he made all that without ever mentioning me as the original creator, without trying to contacting me, asking for my permission etc.

Hopefully as time passes things will settle down, because I have big plans for this mod for future, lots to do, so little time :)

Hi Subquake, i have just installed your mod through the 7 days to die launcher and when i launch the mod the textures are missing. Just showing red question mark ect.

Also on another note i recently watched Games4kickz talk about your mod ui and how it was stolen by another person. What a total ♥♥♥♥ty thing to do. I hope everything gets sorted for you. This is the reason i wanted to try YOUR mod but as you can see i am having an issue with it :(

Untitled.thumb.jpg.5d3f55ef72a7796b1c6169c5ec088c1e.jpg

Edited by KromaZone (see edit history)

Hi Subquake, i have just installed your mod through the 7 days to die launcher and when i launch the mod the textures are missing. Just showing red question mark ect.

Also on another note i recently watched Games4kickz talk about your mod ui and how it was stolen by another person. What a total ♥♥♥♥ty thing to do. I hope everything gets sorted for you. This is the reason i wanted to try YOUR mod but as you can see i am having an issue with it :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24054[/ATTACH]

Contact me through discord and we can sort your issue out. You are missing the texture part of the mod. Have you updated mod launcher to the latest version?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24054[/ATTACH]

Mine did the same thing on WoTW mod until I noticed the "Recent Changes" on the mod launcher. It's under the following heading on the opening splash screen. Followed that and mine started working, if you are using Win7.

Update Version 1.0.4.7 - February 24th, 2018

Keep up the good work!

I have playing this a bunch, love all the retextures! I saw a video the other day from games4kicks. Didn't know about the drama that was going down. I sent you a donation to encourage you to keep up the good work. Thanks again for all the great work you have been doing.

I have playing this a bunch, love all the retextures! I saw a video the other day from games4kicks. Didn't know about the drama that was going down. I sent you a donation to encourage you to keep up the good work. Thanks again for all the great work you have been doing.

Thanks, glad you like it, however I haven't received any donations today, if you did donate, it wasn't for Undead Legacy lol

Downloaded and installed (dragged files across) and it looked and felt great while it lasted. Half an hour in, the game lagged and crashed. Subsequent attempts to launch have all been met with crashes on startup. Pity, becaus this looks like something really special, a much needed lift to the game, for those of us who are tiring of the same old thing.

I'll stick with you of course, and will attempt to launch, while trying a few 'tricks of the trade, as it were.

Great job, keep it up. Will donate over the weekend, when my gigs pay out.

Downloaded and installed (dragged files across) and it looked and felt great while it lasted. Half an hour in, the game lagged and crashed. Subsequent attempts to launch have all been met with crashes on startup. Pity, becaus this looks like something really special, a much needed lift to the game, for those of us who are tiring of the same old thing.

I'll stick with you of course, and will attempt to launch, while trying a few 'tricks of the trade, as it were.

Great job, keep it up. Will donate over the weekend, when my gigs pay out.

Sorry to hear your experience didn't last long. You are always welcome to join Undead Legacy community discord channel here: https://discord.gg/CZY8W2t and me or anyone else, who's online could try to help out with tips on how to improve your experience playing Undead Legacy. There was one person, that couldn't even make the game with the mod launch on Linux, but in the end it was resolved and he got to enjoy the mod in all its glory, so you might take a shot at it and we can all try and troubleshoot your issue :)