Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Well I have mine about 1/3 loaded. That might be it. Although its been running for over a week in game time and hasn't consumed any fuel.

Also, I noticed the stove doesn't need fuel anymore. Maybe you could make it so it needs to be connected to power.

Thanks for everything, really dig this mod!

Well I have mine about 1/3 loaded. That might be it. Although its been running for over a week in game time and hasn't consumed any fuel.

Also, I noticed the stove doesn't need fuel anymore. Maybe you could make it so it needs to be connected to power.

Thanks for everything, really dig this mod!

Well I was testing it out on my local dedicated server, I wonder if it works the same way on SP or TFP made it somewhat different. But I will check it out to make it consume more fuel if possible per tick, since V8 generator can store up a lot of fuel. With Undead Legacy balancing will be an ongoing process, that's why I appreciate you guys giving me all the feedback!

hiya! and Happy New Year!

how do I make gas cans from gas barrels now? The last patch changed it. I always turn gas cans into the barrels for transport in the bike, but now that option is removed? Please don't tell me I have to have a station to pour gas out of a barrel? ;)

ok ya at line 1060 you removed:

<recipe name="gasCan" count="600" craft_exp_gain="0">

<ingredient name="oilBarrel" count="1"/>

</recipe>

I stuck it back in. If you took it out for a reason I'd like to hear why. :)

Edited by leaderdog (see edit history)

hiya! and Happy New Year!

how do I make gas cans from gas barrels now? The last patch changed it. I always turn gas cans into the barrels for transport in the bike, but now that option is removed? Please don't tell me I have to have a station to pour gas out of a barrel? ;)

ok ya at line 1060 you removed:

<recipe name="gasCan" count="600" craft_exp_gain="0">

<ingredient name="oilBarrel" count="1"/>

</recipe>

I stuck it back in. If you took it out for a reason I'd like to hear why. :)

Hey, sorry for the delayed response, but the recipe was removed, because now you need to scrap the oil barrels to get gasoline. Same goes with found loot "Gas Canister", also scrap it to get gasoline. This is to clean up recipe list and it would allow me to add various gas canisters to the game in loot of car trunks etc.

Oil Barrel Block material was changed to:

<property name="Material" value="gasCan_barrel" />

My apologies not mentioning that in the patch notes.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hey, sorry for the delayed response, but the recipe was removed, because now you need to scrap the oil barrels to get gasoline. Same goes with found loot "Gas Canister", also scrap it to get gasoline. This is to clean up recipe list and it would allow me to add various gas canisters to the game in loot of car trunks etc.

Oil Barrel Block material was changed to:

<property name="Material" value="gasCan_barrel" />

My apologies not mentioning that in the patch notes.

aw ok, I'll put your recipe list back in. I would never have thought to scrap my gas barrels haha

Thanks for the reply.

just made the steel auger blade. very low gas so decided to scrap me up some. 7:50 to scrap one barrel? That can't be right?

goes to add the gas recipe again. That's just way to long for me to wait. ;)

Oil barrel should give 450 gasoline when you try to scrap it, in next update it will be 600 as vanilla

Hi Subquake,

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. It takes almost 8 minutes to scrap a single barrel. I set 14 barrels to be scrapped and noticed nothing happening, looked down and saw 105 minutes to scrap. Then tested to see how long one barrel took. 7 minutes 50 seconds. Noooo thank you. By the time you run out of gas you still have minutes to wait. I ain't got time for that. ;)

Well I was testing it out on my local dedicated server, I wonder if it works the same way on SP or TFP made it somewhat different. But I will check it out to make it consume more fuel if possible per tick, since V8 generator can store up a lot of fuel. With Undead Legacy balancing will be an ongoing process, that's why I appreciate you guys giving me all the feedback!

I loaded my generator to 3/4 capacity and it began to consume the gasoline.

Hi Subquake,

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. It takes almost 8 minutes to scrap a single barrel. I set 14 barrels to be scrapped and noticed nothing happening, looked down and saw 105 minutes to scrap. Then tested to see how long one barrel took. 7 minutes 50 seconds. Noooo thank you. By the time you run out of gas you still have minutes to wait. I ain't got time for that. ;)

I just double checked that and you are completely right. And no matter what I tried, I can't make it scrap in less than 10 minutes for 600 gasoline (1 second per 1 gasoline), that in result is equal to 10 minutes. That is kind of a pain in the butt and I guess I will have to leave the recipe for oil barrels =/

But don't worry, I will be releasing the next update some time tomorrow, it should fix a bunch of spelling errors, the oil barrel issue and some others. It will also add Dye & Paint Table, Dyes, Repeating crossbow and it will fix Iron Bars & their upgrade path: Iron -> Steel -> Stainless Steel -> Titanium.

Version 1.2.2.1 is out, patch notes:

Patch notes 1.2.2.1:

• Hotfix: Cereal Bowls were giving empty plates back after consuming instead of bowls.

Patch notes 1.2.2:

• Change: New items: Dyes, Repeating Crossbow, Crossbow Dart
  • Change: New Workstation: Dye & Paint Table, all paint recipes moved to that station.
  • Change: Fine Fabric is made now using Black Dye instead of Black Paint
  • Change: Ceramic Bowl renamed to Bowl
  • Change: Cereal Plate & Cereal Plate with Milk changed to Cereal Bowl, Ceral Bowl with milk and requires Bowls to craft them instead of Plates
  • Change/Bugfix: Craftable Bars have their upgrade paths sorted out, it's as follows: Iron Bars -> Steel Bars -> Stainless Steel Bars -> Titanium bars.
  • Change/Bugfix: Craftable Bars have their downgrade paths sorted out, it's as follows: Titanium Bars, Stainless Steel Bars, Steel Bars, Iron Bars
  • Balancing: Lowered probability of spawning Cotton Spool and amount of it in loot.
  • Balancing: Suitcase now gives more resources when destroyed/dismantled
  • Bugfix: Corrected description for Empty can, it was missing info where you can craft it.
  • Bugfix: Corrected description for Screwdriver: was resource, should be tool
  • Bugfix: Corrected description for Jack Plane: was resource, should be junk
  • Bugfix: Oil barrels are now craftable to gasoline again (bug from 1.2.1.)
  • Bugfix: Basic Wooden Ladders can now be upgraded to wooden ladders using claw hammer or nail gun and nails
  • Lots of grammar and spelling corrections (Thanks to Latheos (Craftworx))

More of an idea than a request. This is your ship, I'm merely traveling in it's wake. : )

Well I had some ideas to add scrap tier tools (since game has scrap armor tier, tools would make sense as well), but I have to add it carefully so that stone tools don't get obsolete too quickly.

Couple of minor bugs to report.

1) Wearing stacked cigars will consume the entire stack instead of only one. I believe it was the same with piercing as well but I don't remember for sure 100% so don't quote me on it.

Here's a video: https://streamable.com/ssz35

2) With a standard house front door you have to use a lock pick kit and pick the lock before you can upgrade the door. This caused me a kind of "oh crap" moment when I was running behind time and trying to prepare for a horde night lol.

Here's a video: https://streamable.com/lt2gn

Keep in mind, I'm still on version 1.2 so disregard this if you already addressed this. I didn't know until now that you released an update but I didn't see either these listed on the patch notes either.

Appreciate the work bud. Thanks.

Couple of minor bugs to report.

1) Wearing stacked cigars will consume the entire stack instead of only one. I believe it was the same with piercing as well but I don't remember for sure 100% so don't quote me on it.

Here's a video: https://streamable.com/ssz35

2) With a standard house front door you have to use a lock pick kit and pick the lock before you can upgrade the door. This caused me a kind of "oh crap" moment when I was running behind time and trying to prepare for a horde night lol.

Here's a video: https://streamable.com/lt2gn

Keep in mind, I'm still on version 1.2 so disregard this if you already addressed this. I didn't know until now that you released an update but I didn't see either these listed on the patch notes either.

Appreciate the work bud. Thanks.

Thank you for the bug reports, both are still present. I'm not sure how will I deal with the first bug, because the only way would be to make stack sizes to be 1 for them and I have to see what it would do when you make cigars out of a cigar box.

Regarding the door it will be an easy fix, because currently the crafted doors don't differ from POI doors, that can be picked with a lockpick, so I will have to make them as a new, seperate block.

I will try to solve these issues with the next update.

Wood Handles

Awesome Mod. Love the UI and the new recipes. Makes my day to see an update and whats up and coming.

Ok to the fun stuff lol

I was trying to craft a workbench. You need a claw hammer in the recipe. You cant make a wood handle to make a claw hammer without a workbench. We need an alternate on stuff like that. Where it takes more of the raw resource to craft from your backpack but less from the workbench. I noticed this on a few other recipes. Yes we could walk around and loot a claw hammer but having the option of making it also would be cool. Thank you.

Awesome Mod. Love the UI and the new recipes. Makes my day to see an update and whats up and coming.

Ok to the fun stuff lol

I was trying to craft a workbench. You need a claw hammer in the recipe. You cant make a wood handle to make a claw hammer without a workbench. We need an alternate on stuff like that. Where it takes more of the raw resource to craft from your backpack but less from the workbench. I noticed this on a few other recipes. Yes we could walk around and loot a claw hammer but having the option of making it also would be cool. Thank you.

Glad you like it. As for regarding the issue making tools, I think that a lot of people are used to vanilla gameplay, but here's the thing, traders have a chance of spawning in working workstations, that can be used to make those things and right after completing the tutorial quest you are given assignment to find a trader. If that one doesn't have a working workbench, there are plenty of POIs, that have a working one!

Though remember, balancing is an ongoing process and over time things might change, hopefully for the better :)

After my other saved game got corrupted again (for whatever reason) I did a fresh install with the newest version of the mod but now it seems that I can't scrap an empty water bottle that's been produced after drinking from it. I was using 1.2 before and I'm pretty sure that I was able to. Is this by design?

EDIT: Nevermind. It still works but yo need 2 empty water bottles before you can scrap them. Carry on...:smile-new:

Edited by Sal (see edit history)

After my other saved game got corrupted again (for whatever reason) I did a fresh install with the newest version of the mod but now it seems that I can't scrap an empty water bottle that's been produced after drinking from it. I was using 1.2 before and I'm pretty sure that I was able to. Is this by design?

EDIT: Nevermind. It still works but yo need 2 empty water bottles before you can scrap them. Carry on...:smile-new:

Oh, sorry to hear, that your save got corrupted. As for the bottles I will check the scrap amounts, maybe I can increase them a bit so that you always get at least 1 scrap thing.

And here's something caught on camera, when zombies spawn in front of you while looting a building, so much for immersion:

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulWildLapwingPRChase

Oh, sorry to hear, that your save got corrupted. As for the bottles I will check the scrap amounts, maybe I can increase them a bit so that you always get at least 1 scrap thing.

And here's something caught on camera, when zombies spawn in front of you while looting a building, so much for immersion:

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulWildLapwingPRChase

Yeah losing that game really sucked. My wife and I were in the middle of building a nice place. It was the same bug where the video driver crashed in game and then my SP save was changed into an MP. Not the first time. Usually I can use an editor and change it back but it was too corrupted this time as it only displayed zero's and wouldn't load. Oh well, crap happens.

That video is pretty funny - unlimited loot lol. But yeah it does take away from the immersive aspect of the game don't it. Can't say I've ever had that happen to me yet.

As far as the bottle thing, I don't really mind it as it is. Personally, I think it adds to the realism. Because let's face it, your not gonna get much scrap plastic from a 20oz mountain dew bottle in real life lol. Realistically it would take much more than that to get a considerable amount of plastic to do anything with. I just throw them away if I need the space in inventory. The same the dead mice and such.

Congrats on finally getting this put on the launcher. Although I've never used it myself, your mod certainly deserves the recognition man.