SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Are You Going To Add A Better Inventory sprites soon?

This is on the plan for where I want to take this mod next but I am starved for free time to work on this at the moment. I hope that I get some time to do something during the upcoming Christmas holidays or at the start of next year.

You are online?

Open windows.xml and find a texture with a http destination value, copy paste the value into your browser and see if you are able to reach the assets.

I'm having the same issue as majorbriggs on OSX. I have verified that I'm online and can reach the assets via Chrome. Any advice?

Thanks for the great looking mod.

I'm having the same issue as majorbriggs on OSX. I have verified that I'm online and can reach the assets via Chrome. Any advice?

Thanks for the great looking mod.

Good morning,

I am sorry but I have little to non experience with Mac.

That said, do you have the same issue without the mod also?

Good morning,

I am sorry but I have little to non experience with Mac.

That said, do you have the same issue without the mod also?

All works well without the mod. Admittedly, this is the first mod I've tried to install so it's possible I've done something incorrectly. I'll try out a few other mods in the next few days and hopefully have a better idea of what went wrong here.

All works well without the mod. Admittedly, this is the first mod I've tried to install so it's possible I've done something incorrectly. I'll try out a few other mods in the next few days and hopefully have a better idea of what went wrong here.

Hmmm, it sounds strange that you are "locked" to the loading screen. I can only imagine that it is because the game must load the assets from an online server and spends time trying to get access. Maybe the game is restricted by a firewall?

Nice of you to play around a bit with it to try and find a solution, and please get back to me with your findings on what caused it for future reference :)

Also, check out the Valmod thread. I know there were some Mac discussions going on in there.

• 2 weeks later...
hey sirillion, can i do some changes to your mod (add new textures, bundle it with my modpack, etc) and share it commerically or i can't ?

Hi,

I see no problem with you adding SMX to your mod pack for FREE distribution as long as you do not claim to have made it. But if you by commercially mean that you are going to sell the mod pack then I cannot condone the use of SMX for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent the better part of 4 hours trying to get this mod to work with my SDX mods. I can get it to work flawlessly without using SDX. But the minute i try to use my other mods with SDX and this? everything is white with red ?'s. I even installed SMX and uninstalled SDX, then reinstalled SDX to create a backup of my 7d2d folder WITH SMX installed by default, and it still won't load. I don't understand why. The only thing i can think of is if someone can turn the SMX mod into a SDX compile mod that way when SDX builds all the mods it will also build the SMX UI mod and not overwrite the xmls everytime. Anyone up for that?

I have spent the better part of 4 hours trying to get this mod to work with my SDX mods. I can get it to work flawlessly without using SDX. But the minute i try to use my other mods with SDX and this? everything is white with red ?'s. I even installed SMX and uninstalled SDX, then reinstalled SDX to create a backup of my 7d2d folder WITH SMX installed by default, and it still won't load. I don't understand why. The only thing i can think of is if someone can turn the SMX mod into a SDX compile mod that way when SDX builds all the mods it will also build the SMX UI mod and not overwrite the xmls everytime. Anyone up for that?

Hi, and sorry for the late response.

When you get the white backgrounds with the red ? that means that the mod cannot find the assets. If you, by using SDX, has to place the mod anywhere else than where the instructions indicate that might be the source of the issue. It might be remedied by using the online version for the textures but I predict you will still have issues with the sprites.

I've never used SDX, nor do I have plans to, so I do not have much knowledge to be of help I'm afraid.

I have SMX working with SDX. I dont do things the way the SDX people suggest(its just so overly complicated). The way I get it to work is install SMX like normal then copy and paste the 7D2D Config Folder (with the SMX installed) into the Backup folder in SDX. Then you can use what ever SDX Mods you have and "build" them through SDX. As long as your SDX mods do not change the UI's like SMX you should be fine. If the SDX mod your using does edit the UI then you will need to "build" with all your SDX first then install SMX, then you would delete the Config files in the SDX mod and removing the line that calls them in the SDX Mod Folder. Well after typing that out that seems pretty complicated too lol

It would be nice to have a SDX version of SMX. It wouldn't be that hard to make just copying the UI files and setting the SDX Mod folder to load the config files would do it.

is that something you could throw together? would definately be a welcomed help, ive tried what you said and it still for some reason bugs out, ive did a clean install and verified and then did just that and it still bugs, i dunno. If you can make an sdx version of the mod would be very helpful but as for now ive went back to the bare bones ui :(

SMX is wonderful. How would I add the current position (map coordinates) to the UI? Is that possible?

Greetings, and thank you.

It is very much possible, but I have decided to keep that feature out of the mod due to the bug discovered by Red Eagle / Tritox. But if you are somewhat adapt with manipulating the code you can simply make a new window, position it where you want it and then copy paste the code from another mod and you have it enabled.

Greetings, and thank you.

It is very much possible, but I have decided to keep that feature out of the mod due to the bug discovered by Red Eagle / Tritox. But if you are somewhat adapt with manipulating the code you can simply make a new window, position it where you want it and then copy paste the code from another mod and you have it enabled.

Thanks! I found it in another mod, but I won't bother porting it over if there's a bug involved. I can always use the map.

Hi good Sir!

Can i ask some directions?

Will this work on p2p server?

If yes witch file i need, if i do the hosting?

Its enough if i have all the files?

This should work with every scenario. I would advice with using the online version of the mod so that you do not leave out players that run the game on other OS's than Windows. Also that version has the enhanced buff frames disabled by default so that to avoid the exit server client crash.

The mod must be installed on both server and clients to work properly.

• 1 month later...
Posting so I can find this again (cause search doesn't like 3 letter words).

Oh, and Thanks Sirillion for making this!

You are most welcome. Sorry for the late response but I have little to no time to spend on this at the moment. Hopefully things will ease down around easter.

Im just using the world mod from GNAmod, and the offline version of the SMXUI ... Im getting the white on red error... and i hav eno idea why .. since they are local assets there should be no reason.

Its a DED server running other mods other then GNA and SMX.. im at a losss.... even rebooted server .. reloaded local assets... re-downloaded packs.. and as a note all updated to 15.2.

blarg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived