SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Possible at all to make the belt slot that is highlighted blue or some other color so it's easier to see which one is selected... Other than that it's awesome thank you!

I've finally found some time to look into this, sorry it took some time but my RL schedule have been somewhat of a pain of late so all work and no play.

Anyhow, here goes...

Edit styles.xml with a GOOD editor like notepad++ and find this snippet of code

<style name="SMXItemStack">
	<style_entry name="select_color" value="[color="#FF0000"][beige][/color]" />
	<style_entry name="press_color" value="[limeGreen]" />
	<style_entry name="final_pressed_color" value="[lightGrey]" />
	<style_entry name="background_color" value="[mediumGrey]" />
	<style_entry name="highlight_color" value="[color="#FF0000"][hoverColor][/color]" />
	<style_entry name="holding_color" value="[color="#FF0000"][white][/color]" />
	<style_entry name="width" value="82" />
	<style_entry name="height" value="82" />
	<style_entry name="hover_icon_grow" value="1.5" />
	<style_entry name="on_press" value="true" />
	<style_entry name="sound_volume" value="0.75" />
	<style_entry name="pickup_sound" value="[pickup_click]" />
	<style_entry name="place_sound" value="[place_click]" />
</style>

The colored values are the ones you need to change in able to set another color for the selected item on the toolbelt. You only need to change the one really but changing all three makes for a much better experience when moving further away from the standard color scheme. It just looks better.

You can either use the defined values under named colors in styles.xml, like the ones you see there, or you can set a color with an rgb code but then remember to remove the brackets. You can use a color picker like this to find a color and then just paste in the code it gives you.

You can also increase the visibility of it by increasing the size of the line by editing controls.xml and find the following snippet of code...

<SMX_tb_item_stack_uf1>
	<rect controller="ItemStack" style="SMXItemStack, hover">

<texture name="SMXToolbeltSlot" depth="0" size="83,83" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\toolbeltslot.png" material="Materials/Transparent" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/2iide2a.jpg -->

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,3" width="78" height="78" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" visible="false" />
		<sprite depth="3" name="background" sprite="[color="#FF0000"]menu_empty2px[/color]" width="83" height="83" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false" />
		<sprite depth="2" name="highlightOverlay" width="82" height="82" color="[darkGrey]" pos="0,0" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" visible="false" />

<sprite depth="4" name="itemIcon" width="80" height="60" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{itemicon}" pos="40,-35" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true" color="{iconcolor}" />
		<sprite depth="8" name="lockTypeIcon" width="24" height="24" sprite="" pos="2,-2" foregroundlayer="true" />

<sprite depth="3" name="durabilityBackground" width="73" height="5" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" pos="5, -74" foregroundlayer="true" />
		<sprite depth="4" name="durability" width="73" height="5" sprite="menu_empty2px" color="[transparent]" type="filled" pos="5, -74" foregroundlayer="true" />

<sprite depth="5" name="disabledOverlay" width="82" height="82" color="[darkGrey_half_alpha]" pos="1,-1" type="sliced" visible="false" />

<label depth="7" name="stackValue" pos="3,-55" width="73" height="28" text="{itemcount}" font_size="22" effect="outline" justify="center" />
		<label depth="7" name="timer" pos="35,-38" width="70" height="24" font_size="24" justify="center" pivot="center" effect="outline" color="[beige]" />
		<sprite depth="9" name="cancel" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" width="70" height="70" color="255,0,0,255" type="sliced" visible="false" foregroundlayer="true" />
		<label depth="12" name="itemName" pos="0,0" width="0" height="0" text="" font_size="26" justify="center" overflow="resizefreely" effect="outline" />
		<sprite depth="13" name="assembleIcon" size="40,40" sprite="ui_game_symbol_lock" visible="{isassemblelocked}" pos="19,-19" foregroundlayer="true" />
	</rect>
</SMX_tb_item_stack_uf1>

Change the highlighted value to menu_empty3px and it will be one pixel wider, it doesn't sound like much but it makes quite the difference.

Hope this helps you :)

-S

@Sirillion Thanks! This is the best UI so far!

Can you please add Zombies Kill counter on the screen too? Also Death counter as well.

Thank you, I am glad to see you are enjoying it :)

I have no immediate plan to add kill/death counters to the HUD. The reason for this is that the HUD is prime real estate and it is a very fine line between functional and crowded. The counters as such are, in my humble opinion, not necessary to have on the HUD itself as they do not provide information you need to know at a glance if you understand what I mean.

That does however not mean that I will not help out. I will make the code needed and put it in there when I get the time to do so, I can just not promise when that will be and it will most probably be turned off per default unless I find a good spot to put them that doesn't feel pushy and crowded and doesn't break to much from the design I am going for.

I don't know when I will find time to do this though as I am currently investing what little time I have to play around with this on other and new aspects of the mod.

Is there any way to display all the images without requiring clients to download and install the mod for dedicated servers?

There is a way but it is currently not in the mod and I am not sure when or even if it will be.

You basically need to remake the unit frames and xp bar to use ingame stock sprites and as thats somewhat easy on the unit frames it is more of a task with the xp wheel.

For my plans going forward the clients will still have to download a pack to enjoy the experience so fixing some extra standard frames to cater for this has not been a priority.

There is a way but it is currently not in the mod and I am not sure when or even if it will be.

You basically need to remake the unit frames and xp bar to use ingame stock sprites and as thats somewhat easy on the unit frames it is more of a task with the xp wheel.

For my plans going forward the clients will still have to download a pack to enjoy the experience so fixing some extra standard frames to cater for this has not been a priority.

Yeah, our server has an average of 25 players (30+ at night), but although they wouldn't mind, all of them were against the idea of the hassle.

Thanks I guess I would have to look into other UI mods. Great looking UI, by the way. Good job.

Yeah, our server has an average of 25 players (30+ at night), but although they wouldn't mind, all of them were against the idea of the hassle.

Thanks I guess I would have to look into other UI mods. Great looking UI, by the way. Good job.

Set it up using the 7D2D Mod Launcher. Then the only hassle is for admins, everybody else has a one time three minute job of installing the patcher. After that it's pretty much all automated. It made life so much easier for me and my server.

is this the right file smx15b104er08_L.rar · 619.72 KB i click the dl link and it takes me to the dropbox thing to dl it i dl it n i dk how to install it i put it in there and nothing

The mod is inside an archive. You have to extract it from the archive first using winrar, then copy the files into their correct locations.

I was pretty happy with sirmod so I made the changes needed to keep it working with 14.7 and was happy, now with A15 out I figured its time to change! I'm having trouble getting things working correctly, I've installed the online version on my dedicated server but it seems like assets aren't working, health and stamina aren't coloured, the level ring isn't there only the number etc.

So I tried also installing the mod (online) on the client, same problem, I'll try installing offline on client online on server and then offline on both, not sure if there's a specific way of doing it or whats going on but yeah would appreciate some help if you know what might be going on.

cheers :)

Edit: I have tried the combinations and can't get it to work correctly, first image below is what happens with online on the server and either (offline/online) on the client, second image is offline on the server and either on the client. I'm using mac client, mac dedicated server on a linux machine.

Gqk4ahq.thumb.jpg.44e336f17b52f603ca8f631e8f67ea0a.jpg

YWd6b97.thumb.jpg.0bc87d122a96c1c0836f3667f4e804ec.jpg

I was pretty happy with sirmod so I made the changes needed to keep it working with 14.7 and was happy, now with A15 out I figured its time to change! I'm having trouble getting things working correctly, I've installed the online version on my dedicated server but it seems like assets aren't working, health and stamina aren't coloured, the level ring isn't there only the number etc.

So I tried also installing the mod (online) on the client, same problem, I'll try installing offline on client online on server and then offline on both, not sure if there's a specific way of doing it or whats going on but yeah would appreciate some help if you know what might be going on.

cheers :)

Edit: I have tried the combinations and can't get it to work correctly, first image below is what happens with online on the server and either (offline/online) on the client, second image is offline on the server and either on the client. I'm using mac client, mac dedicated server on a linux machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17678[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17679[/ATTACH]

Good morning,

The issue is that the Mods folder is not correctly positioned on the client, it needs to be positioned in the 7DTD installation root folder.

The server needs to run the online version to cater for the mac client.

That said, I know there are issues with the server being Linux as I have other users report they cannot get it working. So the problem might be right there.

I hope you find a solution.

-S

Just wanted to give props again to Sirillion for his most excellent UI mod. Not only does it look great (subjective, I know) but, from a modding perspective, I find it very elegantly coded. I recently took my hand at incorporating and modifying it for my Valmod Pack to suit my more... unique flavor of taste. What I found in doing so was just how well this was all coded out. There are not a bajllion little changes in the code everywhere to hunt down and change. Almost everything is self-contained in some manner or another.

Adding this was a complete breeze and it was easy to find anything I was looking for. This is great, especially since Sirillion did /not/ have to go out of his way to do this for the average player who just installs the file directly. This level of attention, quality and organized structure is much appreciated!

I've made some subtle (and not so subtle like the toolbelt) changes. I share a quick image of this not to detract from Sirillion's original work but rather just to show my personal interpretation of what I prefer, which is all very subjective and not meant to be disrespectful towards the original which I still hold is one of the best UI mods I've seen in 7DTD.

P.S. Should you find this inappropriate I will of course remove it.

ZMnhSCJ.jpg

Just wanted to give props again to Sirillion for his most excellent UI mod. Not only does it look great (subjective, I know) but, from a modding perspective, I find it very elegantly coded. I recently took my hand at incorporating and modifying it for my Valmod Pack to suit my more... unique flavor of taste. What I found in doing so was just how well this was all coded out. There are not a bajllion little changes in the code everywhere to hunt down and change. Almost everything is self-contained in some manner or another.

Adding this was a complete breeze and it was easy to find anything I was looking for. This is great, especially since Sirillion did /not/ have to go out of his way to do this for the average player who just installs the file directly. This level of attention, quality and organized structure is much appreciated!

I've made some subtle (and not so subtle like the toolbelt) changes. I share a quick image of this not to detract from Sirillion's original work but rather just to show my personal interpretation of what I prefer, which is all very subjective and not meant to be disrespectful towards the original which I still hold is one of the best UI mods I've seen in 7DTD.

ZMnhSCJ.jpg

Thank you Valmar for this fantastic and detailed response to the work I've put into the SMX mod. I am most humbled when feedback like this comes from a modder of a caliber as yourself.

I enjoy seeing other modders incorporate the SMX project into their own projects and even more so when I see the different designs you come up with and how you change it into something new and making it unique for your own projects.

I do not find it at all inappropriate ... I actually cannot find it at all :p Either your link is broken or Imgur is down at the moment :)

On a side note...

As I have stated many times now, my real life schedule is insane at the moment, my workload is high and it is not looking better in the coming week, even this weekend is looking grim. But I will try to push a new version soon and in that version I hope to show of some of the new stuff I've been working on.

-S

Hi sirillion ! i am having some issues when loading my game all my icons are going wacko like mrbradleyjh . except i am on my own game not a server and i have not touched any of my xmls since the other day when i played. >.< here is the error message i get:

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
Could not resolve host: i64.tinypic.com

(Filename:  Line: 1072)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
Could not resolve host: i65.tinypic.com

Could not resolve host: i66.tinypic.com

Hi sirillion ! i am having some issues when loading my game all my icons are going wacko like mrbradleyjh . except i am on my own game not a server and i have not touched any of my xmls since the other day when i played. >.< here is the error message i get:

Could not resolve host: i65.tinypic.com

Could not resolve host: i66.tinypic.com

There is currently some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s trying to pass of as hackers that are doing some DDOS attacks against some sites ... tinypic seems to be/have been among them.

Download and use the offline version for a while if on a windows client.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm most gracious, thank you. As for the image not showing up, perhaps there was a traffic overflow or other form of hiccup at the time. The image, at the time of writing this, shows up for me. Is it still not showing up for you?

It is showing now ... As I told mr KorruptkSwades there has been some DDOSing today and that was probably it.

I really like what you've done with it. Especially the yellow stamina bar which, imho, gives it more of an apocalyptic look ... might be the black bars you added that does the trick but I like the style of it I must admit.

All you are missing now is a purple Fedora in the upper right corner with a version number on it to tag it :p

I enjoy seeing other modders incorporate the SMX project into their own projects and even more so when I see the different designs you come up with and how you change it into something new and making it unique for your own projects.

Here are couple shots of how I've used it in my upcoming Hellgate project. I do really like the yellow stamina bar though, I may have to consider changing the color to give it more difference from water.

InvenOpen.thumb.jpg.54ee97ba03a9a1f6bc9a97bed68d295e.jpg

NoInven.thumb.jpg.18415ec49b2c009832c485bd3c90aa76.jpg

ZMnhSCJ.jpg

That looks really good! Big fan of the yellow stamina bar.

I don't mean to be rude or anything by asking, but any chance you could share that if Sirillion thinks it's okey?

Here are couple shots of how I've used it in my upcoming Hellgate project. I do really like the yellow stamina bar though, I may have to consider changing the color to give it more difference from water.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17698[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17699[/ATTACH]

What is the purple bar? Wellness?

Good afternoon and thank you!

Yes, this can be done. Basically this is how it is in vanilla.

All you need to do is to edit the windows.xml file and find the SMXUnitFrame1 window, it will look like this.

<window name="SMXUnitFrame1" style="SMXUnitFrameWindow">

<grid name="SMXHSFrame" pos="0,150" rows="2" cols="1" width="240" cell_width="240" cell_height="35" repeat_content="false" side="left">
		<rect width="240" height="35" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health" visible="{statvisible}">
			<texture name="SMXHealthBarBG" depth="1" size="240,54" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\healthbarempty.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,-55" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/nq5ml5.jpg -->
			<sprite name="BarContent" depth="2" height="25" width="220" atlas="itemiconatlas" sprite="smxuf1health" type="filled" fill="0" pos="8,-65" />
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-62" font_size="32" effect="outline" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="[color="#FF0000"]{statcurrent}[/color]" />
		</rect>

<rect width="240" height="35" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Stamina" visible="{statvisible}">
			<texture name="SMXStaminaBarBG" depth="1" size="240,54" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\staminabarempty.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,-55" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/rro0ut.jpg -->
			<sprite name="BarContent" depth="2" size="220,25" atlas="itemiconatlas" sprite="smxuf1stamina" type="filled" fill="0" pos="8,-67" />
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-64" font_size="32" effect="outline" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="[color="#FF0000"]{statcurrent}[/color]" />
		</rect>
	</grid>

<grid name="SMXFWFrame" pos="-2,70" rows="1" cols="2" width="118" cell_width="118" cell_height="35" repeat_content="false" side="left">
		<rect width="118" height="35" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Food" visible="{statvisible}">
			<texture name="SMXFoodBarBG" depth="1" size="120,27" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\foodwaterempty.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,-55" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/iwm73o.jpg -->
			<sprite name="BarContent" depth="2" size="102,-10" color="0,128,0" type="filled" fill="0" pos="10,-75" />
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-58" font_size="22" effect="outline" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{playerfood} %" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" />
		</rect>

<rect width="118" height="35" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Water" visible="{statvisible}">
			<texture name="SMXWaterBarBG" depth="1" size="120,27" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\foodwaterempty.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,-55" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i63.tinypic.com/iwm73o.jpg -->
			<sprite name="BarContent" depth="2" size="102,-10" color="0,153,255" type="filled" fill="0" pos="10,-75" />
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-58" font_size="22" effect="outline" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{playerwater} %" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" />
		</rect>
	</grid>

</window>

Then you modify the highlighted values so that they read {statcurrentwithmax} instead. That will give you the current value / the max value on the bar.

-S

Hello,

Realy neat UI and I can't play without it!

The thing is, I also installed "Valmod's overhaul" and I can't interract with a specific item that mod adds (The Armory).

Is there a workaround for this ?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

My guess is you need to make sure that both the modified parts of Valmod and SMX are present in the xui.xml file. Try that first, then get back to me if there are more issues.

-S

Archived