SMX - By Sirillion

Sirillion

Can I add this to my client and play online without adding it to my server? I have a server with a friend and he hates the mod for some reason haha.

Good morning,

No, when playing online the server push its UI to the clients.

If your friend doesn't like SMX you should look into one of the other fine UI mods on this forum to put onto the server instead. There are many to choose from 🙂

Does this work with Alpha 16 Experimental B112? I'm guessing it will, but still can't log into a server. ;p

I've just woke up and sent the children to school so I've not been able to sit down to update but expect an update within the hour.

Good morning again,

New version up: smx16b112er01L - DOWNLOAD

There were some small changes to the files with this update. No update to the modded parts.

In this version I've added parts of the Valmod UI for those that would prefer to play with that design over the standard SMX design. Specifically the Unit Frames, LevelXP Frame and the Zombie Kill Tracker. I will work on adding the rest when I find the time, but for now enjoy those parts.

Now, the Valmod sections are disabled at default but can be enabled in the xui.xml file. Simply comment the file that belong to the SMX UI and un-comment the file that belong to the VALMOD UI. They are all neatly commented in the xui.xml file.

An example:

Should you wish to use the Valmod Unit Frames and the Zombie Kill Counter...

Change this

<window name="SMXUnitFrame1" anchor="LeftBottom" />			<!-- SMX UI -->
<!--		<window name="SMXUnitFrame2VALMOD" anchor="LeftBottom" /> -->	        <!-- VALMOD UI -->
<!--		<window name="ZombieKillTrackerVALMOD" /> -->				<!-- VALMOD UI -->

Into this:

<!--		<window name="SMXUnitFrame1" anchor="LeftBottom" /> -->			<!-- SMX UI -->
	<window name="SMXUnitFrame2VALMOD" anchor="LeftBottom" /> 	        <!-- VALMOD UI -->
	<window name="ZombieKillTrackerVALMOD" /> -->				<!-- VALMOD UI -->

Anyways, enjoy the new version and A16B112 ... and as always, should you find something or want to suggest something don't hesitate to leave a comment about it in this tread.

-S

Edit: If you do not know how to comment... Adding <!-- --> to a line comments it. You need to add <!-- at the start and then --> at the end of a line or even a series of lines. Everything between them will be commented (rendered inactive)

Download and use Notepad++ for editing, it will make your life SO much better, trust me!

Good morning again,

New version up: smx16b112er01L - DOWNLOAD

There were some small changes to the files with this update. No update to the modded parts.

In this version I've added parts of the Valmod UI for those that would prefer to play with that design over the standard SMX design. Specifically the Unit Frames, LevelXP Frame and the Zombie Kill Tracker. I will work on adding the rest when I find the time, but for now enjoy those parts.

Now, the Valmod sections are disabled at default but can be enabled in the xui.xml file. Simply comment the file that belong to the SMX UI and un-comment the file that belong to the VALMOD UI. They are all neatly commented in the xui.xml file.

An example:

Should you wish to use the Valmod Unit Frames and the Zombie Kill Counter...

Change this

<window name="SMXUnitFrame1" anchor="LeftBottom" />			<!-- SMX UI -->
<!--		<window name="SMXUnitFrame2VALMOD" anchor="LeftBottom" /> -->	        <!-- VALMOD UI -->
<!--		<window name="ZombieKillTrackerVALMOD" /> -->				<!-- VALMOD UI -->

Into this:

<!--		<window name="SMXUnitFrame1" anchor="LeftBottom" /> -->			<!-- SMX UI -->
	<window name="SMXUnitFrame2VALMOD" anchor="LeftBottom" /> 	        <!-- VALMOD UI -->
	<window name="ZombieKillTrackerVALMOD" /> -->				<!-- VALMOD UI -->

Anyways, enjoy the new version and A16B112 ... and as always, should you find something or want to suggest something don't hesitate to leave a comment about it in this tread.

-S

Edit: If you do not know how to comment... Adding <!-- --> to a line comments it. You need to add <!-- at the start and then --> at the end of a line or even a series of lines. Everything between them will be commented (rendered inactive)

Download and use Notepad++ for editing, it will make your life SO much better, trust me!

Link doesnt work, it WILL NOT download. pls make a mirror

Link seems to work fine. Do you not get sent to the Nexusmods site? You need to select files there to find the file to download.

I get sent to the site, but clicking on the download buttons doesnt work... it says fetching download link and never gives me a download link or anything, it works for my mate tho, so i got him to give me a mirror.

1360x768. I don't own a monitor and have to play on my tv.

Ahh, I see ... Well, I could replicate that error. I cannot make a change to the shipped version for such a special resolution but I can tell you what to do to fix it.

Open styles.xml and find the following section...

<style name="SMXcompass.window.background" type="texture">
	<style_entry name="depth" value="0" />
	<style_entry name="texture" value="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\compassbg.png" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i64.tinypic.com/jhrct2.jpg -->
	<style_entry name="type" value="sliced" />
	<style_entry name="size" value="492,140" />
	<style_entry name="pos" value="-60,10" />
</style>

Change that to the highlighted part...

<style name="SMXcompass.window.background" type="texture">
	<style_entry name="depth" value="0" />
	<style_entry name="texture" value="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\compassbg.png" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i64.tinypic.com/jhrct2.jpg -->
	<style_entry name="type" value="sliced" />
	<style_entry name="size" value="492,140" />
	<style_entry name="pos" value="-60,[color="#FF0000"]9[/color]" />
</style>

That should remove the line for that resolution. I don't want to change the shipped version as I said as that could probably make issues with another resolution.

Hope that helps you.

-S

I get sent to the site, but clicking on the download buttons doesnt work... it says fetching download link and never gives me a download link or anything, it works for my mate tho, so i got him to give me a mirror.

Ahh ok, well glad you got it. But just out of curiosity, could you go to the site and select Files from the menu under the pictures instead of clicking the green button and see if you can get it that way?

Good afternoon,

Sorry for pushing updates back to back.

New version up: smx16b112er02L - DOWNLOAD

Collaborated a bit with Valmar today and added more of the Valmod UI for those of you that would like to play with his UI design but with the vanilla experience.

This update is still SMX out of the box, but you can either rename the xui - valmod.xml into xui.xml (rename the old one first) or you can edit the xui.xml and mix and match the different UI elements as you see fit. Follow the comments and use Notepad++ and you will have no issues with mixing it up.

Enjoy.

-S

Edit: A few screens to show some details...

SMX. Out of the box...

vosaib.jpg

SMX - Valmod...

2v0nc08.jpg

SMX - Mixed and Matched example...

358qkax.jpg

You are AWESOME Sirillion!! :)

Thank you H3nriQ, I am glad you like it :)

There are no changes to the modded files with A16B113 so no need to update for those that installed the b112er02 version. But I am uploading a new version simply to update the version number and show its compatibility with B113.

New version up: smx16b113er01 - DOWNLOAD

Good morning,

I would love to hear back from you all if you've encountered anything after updating the game to b113. I am especially interested to know how it runs on Linux and Mac and the experience on dedicated servers. Any lag? Crashes? Other issues?

Unable to see UI correctly

Hello Sirillion, thank you so much for the amazing mod!

Unfortunately, my group is having an issue on our server right now where our interface is all the white boxes with red question marks. One person can see his UI correctly but the other three of us cannot. What do you think we should do to fix this? Also, we've played A16b112 with this mod and it worked fine, but after a server wipe into b113 and reinstalling the SMX, we have this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Unfortunately, my group is having an issue on our server right now where our interface is all the white boxes with red question marks. One person can see his UI correctly but the other three of us cannot. What do you think we should do to fix this? Also, we've played A16b112 with this mod and it worked fine, but after a server wipe into b113 and reinstalling the SMX, we have this problem.

this problem (white boxes with red question marks) happened to me after one reinstall when I forgot to copy the "mods" folder from the SMX zip file to the 7DTD game folder. But I'm only playing singleplayer, so not sure if your problem is on client or server side ... but I'd guess it is client side problem, otherwise all four players would have this problem and you say one can see the UI correctly.

This is indeed as gozer says. It is due to a missing or malpositioned Mods folder. The Mods folder must be positioned into the 7DTD root folder for every client that want to play on the server.

Archived