A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

The ammo crafting perks should not be locked behind any requirement and only require you to spend skill points to unlock them. If you're playing on a modded server make sure you have the mod installed locally since vanilla files lock the perk behind craftSkillGuns requirement - which Valmod does not do.

Any chance its botched because we installed the mod two days after we started playing? Just by eyeballing with my untrained eye, the files look correct. If so is there a way to grant the recipes to my friends who are already playing. They dont want a wipe at this point. Thanks for any assist.

Recovering the the items unfortunately would require administrator assistance. The only reason I can conceive of that can cause inventory to vanish like that is if the server is using a bigger backpack mod and you, the client, have not always had such mod installed locally. Far as I know the player must have had it installed at the moment of joining the world (as in the moment your character was first "spawned" into existence in the save) and if you ever cease to have it your character's storage memory will break.

Honestly while bigger backpack does technically work for multiplayer I've never really recommended it outside of small friend groups due to how tricky it can be to setup everything to work properly in a multiplayer setting.

If the server isn't using bigger backpack, however, then I have no idea.

ok I did log into that server with the vanilla client once on accident. So the fix would be to wipe the character and start over, yeaaaa not a good thing after day 72+. Just gonna have to remember to clear the backpack before logging off. Thanks for the reply.

Are your UMA Textures set to the lowest value? Sometime that helps.

There is a known issue with crafting lag in the game, when a lot of recipes are added. It's more appearant in mods than in vanilla.

The crafting lag is not bad in all mods, but it is the worst in Valmod. Same with stuttering, not all mods have an issue forcing you to play on low settings, the performance difference playing Valmod SP is drastically different than on a MP server.

Which one do I install first? The Overhaul or Expansion?

If you want to play an advanced Vanilla Experience or if you want to continue an existing Gamestate I would recommend the Expansion.

If you want to start from the beginning, with a new map, you can choose Overhaul.

Details/Differences are described at the beginning of the thread I think.

Here from the description:

“The Expansion pack is meant to be viewed, as the name implies, as an expansion pack for the game. What this means is that it adds a bunch of new features to the game without dramatically changing the overall vanilla gameplay experience. Great if you're happy with 7DTD but just want to have more stuff to do.

The Overhaul pack adds the same items and content to the game as the expansion with the key difference being that unlike the expansion the overhaul, as the name implies overhauls some basic aspects of the game. Mainly the recipe system is considerably locked down compared to vanilla. The overhaul is intended for those who want a new experience from the game.“

Jason NPC

really cool Jason Vorhees npc in Valmod. I get an error null reference when I try to attack him though. My server would like to add him in for a bit of fun this holloween but the error unless fixed means we won't. Can this be fixed please.

Mod review, comments, and fps drop question

So I just installed your overhaul mod and made a SP map. I've got to say I've never seen such a detail rich, well balanced mod that COMPLETELY changes the entire gameplay experience. I'm still figuring things out step by step, taking a lot of time to read thru all the skill requirements to make things, and enjoying every second of it. Damn, I'm impressed!

I'm not sure how/ why but I seem to get fps lag spikes. especially when I'm in the smithy. I run a 144fps Asus monitor and 32gb ram, SSHD's for my fave games, and a Gforce 1080 Founders. Theres a lot more to it than that but thats the important bit. Custom built myself. So it perplexes me why I'm getting a heavy hitting 80-100 fps drop every 40-100 game ticks. (again, mostly when crafting completes in the basic forge but does happen when I loot/ pick up items) I'm really tempted to believe its not even your mod, but user error or a settings conflict of some nature. Are there any graphic limitations that would need me to lower my in game graphics settings, or am I maybe doing something wrong on my end? Just hoping for some feedback and suggestions on how I can figure this out.

Ps:

Like I said, beautifully executed mod bro! Absolutely fantastic! I just messaged my co-host about it: "One of the most advanced mod docs I've ever seen. It's well balanced thoroughly and completely rewrites the entire approach t playing the game. I could legitimately beat of to the code work its that sexy."

So I just installed your overhaul mod and made a SP map. I've got to say I've never seen such a detail rich, well balanced mod that COMPLETELY changes the entire gameplay experience. I'm still figuring things out step by step, taking a lot of time to read thru all the skill requirements to make things, and enjoying every second of it. Damn, I'm impressed!

I'm not sure how/ why but I seem to get fps lag spikes. especially when I'm in the smithy. I run a 144fps Asus monitor and 32gb ram, SSHD's for my fave games, and a Gforce 1080 Founders. Theres a lot more to it than that but thats the important bit. Custom built myself. So it perplexes me why I'm getting a heavy hitting 80-100 fps drop every 40-100 game ticks. (again, mostly when crafting completes in the basic forge but does happen when I loot/ pick up items) I'm really tempted to believe its not even your mod, but user error or a settings conflict of some nature. Are there any graphic limitations that would need me to lower my in game graphics settings, or am I maybe doing something wrong on my end? Just hoping for some feedback and suggestions on how I can figure this out.

Ps:

Like I said, beautifully executed mod bro! Absolutely fantastic! I just messaged my co-host about it: "One of the most advanced mod docs I've ever seen. It's well balanced thoroughly and completely rewrites the entire approach t playing the game. I could legitimately beat of to the code work its that sexy."

Your problem is game coding. The forge lag is from loading all recipes even ones not forge related, and valmod has a lot.

ty

Your problem is game coding. The forge lag is from loading all recipes even ones not forge related, and valmod has a lot.

i kind of had that suspicion but I wanted to make absolutely sure. that lag should go away when I put it on my server... if I make a few minor adjustments

i kind of had that suspicion but I wanted to make absolutely sure. that lag should go away when I put it on my server... if I make a few minor adjustments

Its a long known issue, I post a few pages ago and Xyth responded with a potential fix via SDX script. i play on a valmod sever where the admin has attempted to fix this too, Idk what changes he made but they seem to work. On the client side, I applied the fix and it also seemed to help a bit but would up with other unimportant problems, and to fix those I re-applied the mod and the lag was almost, barely, not noticeable. After all this the mouse movement and clicks are the issue, when you right click to pick items up to move them, the mouse will drop the item, usually takes 3-4 tries to move an item via mouse click.

The sad part here is that with each update I have to repeat this entire process again.

So now that the lye about corpses have been removed, where are we suppose to get the Survivor Combination from for the Survivor Briefcase?

Yeah anyone know where the key thingy is in the xml files and what its called ?

never mind I found it - survivorcombination - in items.xml

Hi, first I love the mod. In my opinion this how 7DTD should look and feel. In my play I found a bug( If it was reported before I apologize): In workbench if I set to craft like 2 handllebars and all the slots in output are occupied so the products gets in my backpack, it produce only 1, even if I wait in workbench menu, 1 dissapear. One more think that I encounter is at night 21/22, horde night, one zombie was running still, I don`t know if it is mod or game related. I`ve made a short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJQo-cr6JhY

Thank you for all your time and work you put in this mod, keep up the great work.

How are we suppose to the Survivor Combination in game?
??????????

If you are talking about the (notes) they are random items to be found on the map in trash - boxes - cars - etc.

If you are talking about the combo station .. level 30 savaging and it is a separate item not part of the workstation.

??????????

If you are talking about the (notes) they are random items to be found on the map in trash - boxes - cars - etc.

If you are talking about the combo station .. level 30 savaging and it is a separate item not part of the workstation.

No, I found a "Survivors Briefcase" it says I need to find the "Survivor Combination" to open it or it will explode.

Are those the ones that ask me to fetch toilet paper and condoms?

kinda like those...i think it actually has a treasure map icon and is named "Survivor's Journal 1/2" and i think it wants you to find 5 survivor pages and then rewards you with a combination

Archived