A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

null reference exception object reference not set to an instance - Working Sink

Hi Guys, Hoping you may be able to help. I play on an MP map with my dad and we both run expansion not overhaul. We keep getting the above error whenever we try to make the Working Granite Sink. It's not just this object it's happened on the plumbing kits and the fire traps also when we try to look at them. Has anyone else had this problem at all? I've had a hunt and i can't find a solution for this. Do we need to maybe reinstall the mod?

thats great and thanks, but, sorry, does there happen to be a tutorial specifically to fix that lag within valmod? I dont use a lot of different mods and the server uses EAC afaik, which means Ill have to creat an SP game to use this fix. Besides SDX might be past my brains normal function parameters.

EDIT: Ok so following the great video tutorials, and assuming that I would be modding(fixing) a modded copy of 7dtd, with valmod installed, with the downloaded files from the github (mod.xml and the .cs script together in a folder named lagfix so that the SDX program can find it).

Hit build, then copy the modded(now fixed) copy of the modded copy(valmod+7dtd) back to the original folder so that when I run it the 7D2D launcher that sphereii wrote can run and overwrite the newly modded files of the modded valmod 7dtd game.

/boggle saying this is like bangging your head into a door trying to open it.

If you point the SDX Launcher to your Valmod install, you can instrument it right in place, no copying files. You can then use the Play button in the SDX Launcher, or you can click on the 7daystodie.exe in the modded folder, skipping the Mod Launcher completely.

You could also copy the modded files into the TempMods folder of your Valmar install, and uncheck "Refresh Mods Automatically". Launch normally.

There will be a new tool released very soon (finishing touches) that will make all of this much easier.

Or said another way as I hit enter after SphereII answered......

When using the SDX tool, you could just set the gamedirectory path to the location that the ModLauncher installed Valmod. That way it will patch Valmod directly, no copying files. Then when you use the Modlauncher to play the game, be sure to un-check the setting "Refresh Mod automatically" and it wont overwrite your SDX changes.

If anything goes wrong, and you want to go bake to vanilla Valmod, just delete the mod from the ModLauncher and reinstall.

If you point the SDX Launcher to your Valmod install, you can instrument it right in place, no copying files. You can then use the Play button in the SDX Launcher, or you can click on the 7daystodie.exe in the modded folder, skipping the Mod Launcher completely.

You could also copy the modded files into the TempMods folder of your Valmar install, and uncheck "Refresh Mods Automatically". Launch normally.

There will be a new tool released very soon (finishing touches) that will make all of this much easier.

Or said another way as I hit enter after SphereII answered......

When using the SDX tool, you could just set the gamedirectory path to the location that the ModLauncher installed Valmod. That way it will patch Valmod directly, no copying files. Then when you use the Modlauncher to play the game, be sure to un-check the setting "Refresh Mod automatically" and it wont overwrite your SDX changes.

If anything goes wrong, and you want to go bake to vanilla Valmod, just delete the mod from the ModLauncher and reinstall.

Thanks both of you. Now if the EAC server accepts the SDX mod of the mod...oh gawd here we go again.../facepalm.

Game Directory = C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul : I really like how sphereii changed the handling of directories makes it a simple find.

got a problem here

1750148467_SDXmodded.jpg.29468dcec482838bdc2ed62d621b540f.jpg

this happens when trying to launch EAC version. the spoiler tag shows the SDX output. Is this a known issue?

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files
EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll
EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings
EVENT: Begin task: Patch game code
INFO: Inject: System.Void GameManager::Awake() into type(SDX.Payload.Entry, SDX.Payload).Setup at start
INFO: Inject: System.Void GameManager::StartGame() into type(SDX.Payload.ModEngine, SDX.Payload).StartupModScripts at start
WARN: Cannot patch load for type: RagdollAsset
Patched 113 hooks
Saving...
Done.
EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate game code
EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod patcher scripts
Dir not found: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Lagfix\PatchScripts
No PatchScripts.
EVENT: Begin task: Copy payload dlls
Copy file: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1\SDX.Core.dll to C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Core.dll
Copy file: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1\SDX.Payload.dll to C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Payload.dll
EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod scripts
Dir not found: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Lagfix\Scripts
Compiling Mods.dll...
Dir not found: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Lagfix\Scripts
INFO: Built in 186ms
Mods.dll compile successful
EVENT: Begin task: Link modules
Saving to C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll
Done.
EVENT: Begin task: Apply mod config patches
Load all configs in: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data/Config
Searching files in: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data/Config
FoundConfig: archetypes
FoundConfig: biomes
FoundConfig: blocks
FoundConfig: buffs
FoundConfig: entityclasses
FoundConfig: entitygroups
FoundConfig: gamestages
FoundConfig: items
FoundConfig: loot
FoundConfig: materials
FoundConfig: misc
FoundConfig: npc
FoundConfig: painting
FoundConfig: physicsbodies
FoundConfig: progression
FoundConfig: qualityinfo
FoundConfig: quests
FoundConfig: recipes
FoundConfig: rwgmixer
FoundConfig: sounds
FoundConfig: spawning
FoundConfig: traders
FoundConfig: utilityai
FoundConfig: vehicles
FoundConfig: weathersurvival
FoundConfig: xui
Found sub dir: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data/Config\XUi
Found sub dir: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data/Config\XUi_Menu
Searching files in: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data/Config\XUi_Menu
FoundConfig: XUi_Menu/controls
FoundConfig: XUi_Menu/styles
FoundConfig: XUi_Menu/windows
FoundConfig: XUi_Menu/xui
Searching files in: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data/Config\XUi
FoundConfig: XUi/controls
FoundConfig: XUi/styles
FoundConfig: XUi/windows
INFO: Highest item id: 1465
INFO: Highest block id: 2041
Apply mod config patch: Craft Lag Fixes
EVENT: Run sub task: Run Xml Patcher mod scripts
WARN: No assembly from BuildAndRunPatchModsTask
INFO: Auto assigning item ids...
INFO: PostProcess highest ItemID: 1466
INFO: Auto assigning block ids...
INFO: Blocks to process: 1472
INFO: PostProcess highest BlockID: 2042
Save config files to: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\archetypes.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\biomes.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\blocks.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\buffs.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\entityclasses.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\entitygroups.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\gamestages.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\items.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\loot.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\materials.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\misc.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\npc.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\painting.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\physicsbodies.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\progression.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\qualityinfo.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\quests.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\recipes.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\rwgmixer.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\sounds.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\spawning.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\traders.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\utilityai.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\vehicles.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\weathersurvival.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\xui.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\XUi_Menu/controls.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\XUi_Menu/styles.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\XUi_Menu/windows.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\XUi_Menu/xui.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\XUi/controls.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\XUi/styles.xml
Save: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config\XUi/windows.xml
EVENT: Begin task: Patch localization
Save text file: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config/Localization.txt
Save text file: C:\7D2D\Valmar\Valmod_Overhaul/Data/Config/Localization - Quest.txt
EVENT: Begin task: Create native mod
Dir not found: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Lagfix\Icons
EVENT: Begin task: Copy Assets to game directory
Dir not found: D:\Game Tools\7dayts2die\SDXModding\SDX0.7.1/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Lagfix\Resources
EVENT: Action completed at: 9/18/2017 2:55:01 PM and took 7.72 seconds

After playing for a bit, it does fix some lag in other craft stations, but the Forge ... its still horrid to use. It doesnt look like the SDX script changed any performance in the forge UI. But, it seems mostly in relation to mouse usage, trying to drag items into the forge supply or to the fuel drops them 2-3 times before actually managing to get them to the right position to drop. When selecting recipes, if you click on one to favorite it, there is a lag before it registers and then its difficult to click on the next one to favorite it.

So maybe there is a setting with the mouse I can screw up here? :cocksure:

After playing for a bit, it does fix some lag in other craft stations, but the Forge ... its still horrid to use. It doesnt look like the SDX script changed any performance in the forge UI. But, it seems mostly in relation to mouse usage, trying to drag items into the forge supply or to the fuel drops them 2-3 times before actually managing to get them to the right position to drop. When selecting recipes, if you click on one to favorite it, there is a lag before it registers and then its difficult to click on the next one to favorite it.

So maybe there is a setting with the mouse I can screw up here? :cocksure:

The lag fix only fixes "most" of the lag. It fixes the search lag by requiring 3 characters to be entered before it starts the search process. it also stops checking every tick if you added or removed things from the fuel, smelting or output slots. it does not fix that annoying mouse lag yet, not have we been able to track it down. I "think" TFP is looking into that.

And EAC won't work if you mod the game DLL. You you use Vals's bigger backpack option, or use any sdx mod, you need to turn off EAC.

I hope you find this better than it was before. I'm afraid this is as good as its going to get for awhile.

Also, regarding the DLL error, ValMod uses a modified DLL if your targeting the install with the biggerBackpack mod installed. If this is the case, you can retry with a plain Valmod target (not his biggerbackpack option), but when you run SDX, also check the SDX bigger backpack Mod, which is the same as Valmods. That way you have both the bigger backpack and the lag fixes.

Thanks, yep overall it is better. I do hope the mouse issues gets fixed soon, prolly not until after A18? I'm not targetting anything directly and I dont think I have much choice in regards to the biggerBackpack for the server MP play, I'll have to talk to the admin about not using it if that would make a difference, idk.

I dont use any mods for SP, but I might if the mouse problem disappears.

Thanks, yep overall it is better. I do hope the mouse issues gets fixed soon, prolly not until after A18? I'm not targetting anything directly and I dont think I have much choice in regards to the biggerBackpack for the server MP play, I'll have to talk to the admin about not using it if that would make a difference, idk.

I dont use any mods for SP, but I might if the mouse problem disappears.

It's more to do with the recipes, rather than the bigger back pack itself.

Survivor Briefcases

I understand that the combinations for the briefcases are to be found on random corpses (not dead zombies) throughout the map. Is it possible that the corpses have been omitted from Alpha 16? I've got four briefcases and have searched the whole map for these corpses without success. I know they used to be on top of buildings etc., but I haven't seen any at all since A15

I understand that the combinations for the briefcases are to be found on random corpses (not dead zombies) throughout the map. Is it possible that the corpses have been omitted from Alpha 16? I've got four briefcases and have searched the whole map for these corpses without success. I know they used to be on top of buildings etc., but I haven't seen any at all since A15

These Corpses where removed and replaced with Sleeper so you can get the Combinations only trough Cheatmenu until Valmar changes it.

I have been using parts of this mod for some time, especially the expanded ammo part. In my latest game I took a look at the entity damage of the HP ammo types and it does twice as much dmg as regular ammo. With regular ammo the sniper does 48 entity damage, with HP ammo it does 95. Is this numbers correct?

<item id="1641" name="762mmBulletHP">

<property name="Extends" value="762mmBullet" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="BulletHPDesc"/>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="GetQualityFromWeapon" value="true" />

<property name="EntityDamage" value="10,12" />

<property name="BlockDamage" value="5,7" />

<property name="ApplyBuff" value="0.7,0.7" param1="stunned" />

</property>

</item>

I tried to reduce the damage from the HP bullets but even if I changed entity damage to "0.1" it still was close to 90. Around 20-30% more damage is great, not 100%, so how can I reduce the damage from this bullets?

Survivor Briefcases

These Corpses where removed and replaced with Sleeper so you can get the Combinations only trough Cheatmenu until Valmar changes it.

Aah, thanks for the reply .... now a tricky question. Do I cheat and get the combinations, or do I just destroy the briefcases? Hmmm ... a moral dilemma

Aah, thanks for the reply .... now a tricky question. Do I cheat and get the combinations, or do I just destroy the briefcases? Hmmm ... a moral dilemma

Third option: edit the loot xml and add it as a drop as dracos99 posted on the previous page!

Swaygate with Valmod??

Please excuse me if I have missed something but i've tried several different ways. My question is, is there a way to have swaygate and sirmod on top of valmod with the OLD big back pack mod. I don't honestly like 72 slots. I think its slightly overkill and makes the game no longer such a challenge. However if that's what i have to use its no big deal. I still can't seem to get swaygate to work.

Again excuse me if i'm just missing a mod order or something but i'm pretty sure i was doing them in the correct order because i'm pretty aware of what overwrites what. Thanks for any and all help

This may be a dumb question and I don't plan on going through 366 pages of this thread to find out but are the trader settlements no longer protected? I can build and bash down walls and such inside the trader areas and the zombies are breaking down the walls also.

Is this right? I just installed the overhaul package today, created a new game, played less than 10 minutes to get to a trader and found out that it's not protected.

This may be a dumb question and I don't plan on going through 366 pages of this thread to find out but are the trader settlements no longer protected? I can build and bash down walls and such inside the trader areas and the zombies are breaking down the walls also.

Is this right? I just installed the overhaul package today, created a new game, played less than 10 minutes to get to a trader and found out that it's not protected.

Still protected for me. I started this world about a week ago, if that.

In vanilla 7DtD, machette blades are one of the most profitable items to sell to the trader for the effort of creating/availability of the item. In Valmod, the machette blade doesn't exist, and the replacement doesn't sell for a good price at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is the best item in Valmod to try and mass produce to sell to the vendor for profit? Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

In vanilla 7DtD, machette blades are one of the most profitable items to sell to the trader for the effort of creating/availability of the item. In Valmod, the machette blade doesn't exist, and the replacement doesn't sell for a good price at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is the best item in Valmod to try and mass produce to sell to the vendor for profit? Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

What about bridges, gas barrels, metal armour, apple drink...? I used to make lots of money from those

Please excuse me if I have missed something but i've tried several different ways. My question is, is there a way to have swaygate and sirmod on top of valmod with the OLD big back pack mod. I don't honestly like 72 slots. I think its slightly overkill and makes the game no longer such a challenge. However if that's what i have to use its no big deal. I still can't seem to get swaygate to work.

Again excuse me if i'm just missing a mod order or something but i'm pretty sure i was doing them in the correct order because i'm pretty aware of what overwrites what. Thanks for any and all help

I made a patch for Games4Kickz that enables this. I’ve not shared it publicly but if you go to his Discord server the link is shared in one of the channels if you read back a week.

What about bridges, gas barrels, metal armour, apple drink...? I used to make lots of money from those

Thanks for the response. Other than the apple juice, I'd hoped for items that were more easily crafted. Machette blades were really easy to make as all they really required were iron and forge time. The other items you suggest require a lot more input and/or more precious/scarce resources.

A friend and I are having 'studdering'/'jerky' movement issues from ValMod. Anyone else have this issue? Its in SP & MP.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. It's starting to get annoying. I solved my other issue with the trader settlements not being protected by refreshing all the files from steam, copying over the overhaul mod again and starting a new game so everything is clean. But, I've been having the studdering/jerky movement as well and I've even turned down my graphic settings. The performance issue is starting to make me want to go back to the vanilla game.

Archived