A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Ammo Perk greyed out

Hi all,

Seems I have a problem with my skills. I can't learn the ammo building as it is locked and greyed out. A friend playing on the same server have no issue. When I start a single player it is not greyed out, only on my dedicated server it seems I am the only.

I checked this forum and found something about the progression.xml file. I checked it out and it seems ok. I tried with adding the lines "<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Pistols" required_skill_level="10"/>" but it doesn't change. changed it on the pc and server, but still no solution.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23078[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the help

my appologies for double posting

20171022230403_1.thumb.jpg.beb41b1652365a5fd76eaab251007c96.jpg

A16.3 Valmar mod

d9ZekgH.png

Note: This Mod was built on A16.3

Hi,

Have just installed the Valmod A16.3 and it's great.

Trouble is I have big red Question marks on All the hud screen Icons. These are in the background so is hard to see some items in backpack, The toolbelt is same and the health in bottom left. Also on the compass as well.

What can I do to remove this annoyance.

Thanks Hadbadname

Zombie spawning broken(?)

Alright, so for some reason after installing Valmod all of the zombie (and animal) spawns after the first play session have just stopped and are returning null refs when zombies are supposed to be spawning in. This naturally is an issue. I was wondering if you knew why it's happening and if there's a fix for it?

I love the mod so far and it's really great to play around in. But it's hard to enjoy if the zombies don't spawn (ever).

If you have any clue why it's doing this please let me know. I'd like to try and fix it so I can keep playing and having fun with the mod.

Zombies Spawning Broken?? Invisible Zombies???

Today when i entered the game i found that there are no more zombies ... and everytime when i want to enter some house i have a error in the console saying that is something wrong with spawning sleeping zombies ...

Now 1 min ago when i was on the minibike and trying to enter this forum i found that something invisible is hitting my bike! Invisible zombies??? In about 10 seconds durability fall from 100 to 90 when i was just sitting on bike. I saw just something like smoke or dust around bike...

Can someone explain what's up and how we can fix this????

NEW POST .. For everyone

If you using the .. 7D2D Mod Launcher .. Your game should be FINE as long as You Play A Old or Existing Save game .. The save games are still at A 16.3 (b12)

ONLY if you start a New Game will you have issues ...... UNTIL the Modders have a chance to Update their Mod's to the New Version (A 16.4)

So hope everyone is using the Launcher.

Hi all,

Seems I have a problem with my skills. I can't learn the ammo building as it is locked and greyed out. A friend playing on the same server have no issue. When I start a single player it is not greyed out, only on my dedicated server it seems I am the only.

I checked this forum and found something about the progression.xml file. I checked it out and it seems ok. I tried with adding the lines "<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Pistols" required_skill_level="10"/>" but it doesn't change. changed it on the pc and server, but still no solution.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23078[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the help

my appologies for double posting

I have heard of this issue brought up a few times but I'm honestly not sure what it could be since I've never been able to replicate it in my single player games and I can't really test it out on a server.

My best guess is that the local client does not have the mod installed. In the vanilla files these perks are locked behind a skill level, but in Valmod they are not. If the server is modded but the player doesn't have the modded files locally then the player's vanilla files will clash with the server's and think its locked even though it isn't really.

Though this is just my guess. Also will need to ensure the server and player both have the same version installed - as in Overhaul or Expansion Pack.

Hi Valmar, I would like to be able to add the Merchant Delivery Box to a mod that I am doing for myself, but it does not work, what would I have to modify? Greetings.

Other than having the block.xml, recipes.xml and the traders.xml code relevant to the merchant delivery box the only thing you'd need to modify to work stand-alone should be the traders.xml code. It currently lists an item that does not actually exist in vanilla, so that item would need to be removed. In this case that item is lokiMeat

Far as I know the rest of it should work as-is if Im not mistaken.

Hi,

Have just installed the Valmod A16.3 and it's great.

Trouble is I have big red Question marks on All the hud screen Icons. These are in the background so is hard to see some items in backpack, The toolbelt is same and the health in bottom left. Also on the compass as well.

What can I do to remove this annoyance.

Thanks Hadbadname

If you're playing on a server make sure the mod is installed locally.

If you're playing on Linux or Mac then you'd have to open the three xml files within the Data/Config/XUI folder and manually modify the commented lines to use the Mac code as commented within the files where relevant. Its easier than it sounds, but still a bit annoying.

Alright, so for some reason after installing Valmod all of the zombie (and animal) spawns after the first play session have just stopped and are returning null refs when zombies are supposed to be spawning in. This naturally is an issue. I was wondering if you knew why it's happening and if there's a fix for it?

I love the mod so far and it's really great to play around in. But it's hard to enjoy if the zombies don't spawn (ever).

If you have any clue why it's doing this please let me know. I'd like to try and fix it so I can keep playing and having fun with the mod.

Today when i entered the game i found that there are no more zombies ... and everytime when i want to enter some house i have a error in the console saying that is something wrong with spawning sleeping zombies ...

Now 1 min ago when i was on the minibike and trying to enter this forum i found that something invisible is hitting my bike! Invisible zombies??? In about 10 seconds durability fall from 100 to 90 when i was just sitting on bike. I saw just something like smoke or dust around bike...

Can someone explain what's up and how we can fix this????

My best guess is that the game updated and thus replaced my modded entityclasses.xml - which in turn broke your game in such a way. Reinstalling the mod should take care of it once I've updated the mod shortly.

Valmod V5.5 Update

Mod updated to work with the latest Alpha 16.4 release.

Overhaul Pack Download

Expansion Pack Download

After updating our Bluefang hosted server with A16.4, people noticed they were falling through map, and 0 zombie horde nights.

I noticed your Valmod 5.5 update, so we installed the new update on the server and client side.

Now when connecting to server we just get "Server Disconnected You...Server still initializing...please wait a minute."

Bluefang support has also attempted to reinstall mod also - no change. They are advising, "I tried to use the newest patch but looks like it is broken at the moment...try setting a new save to see if that works...or wait to see if they fix the mod."

Don't want to reset map, especially if its not going to fix it.

Any ideas?

2017-10-28T01:31:53 9.215 INF StartAsServer

2017-10-28T01:31:53 9.366 INF createWorld: Random Gen, XXXX, GameModeSurvivalMP

Exception: Parsing biomes. Prefab with name 'resource_oilshale_pile.tts' not found!

at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Platform assembly: C:\bluefang\servers\serverXXXXX\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.367 INF Telnet connection from: [omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.367 INF Started thread TelnetClientReceive_[omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.368 INF Started thread TelnetClientSend_[omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.453 INF Telnet connection from: [omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.453 INF Started thread TelnetClientReceive_[omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.454 INF Started thread TelnetClientSend_[omitted IP]

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)

2017-10-28T01:32:14 29.827 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ConsoleCmdMem.FillStats (Boolean _bDoGc, .GameManager _gm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConsoleCmdMem.GetStats (Boolean _bDoGc, .GameManager _gm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConsoleCmdMem.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _params, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SdtdConsole.TA (System.String , CommandSenderInfo ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

SdtdConsole:TA(String, CommandSenderInfo)

SdtdConsole:Update()

Backup/Recovery question

We accidentally had the overhaul install over expansion pack on our public server. I've downloaded the saves folder locally and have a server to use to test with locally with Valmod Expansion on it and working. I've modified the serverconfig.xml "GameName" value to the folder name in the server config file, but when I connect to the server with my client the game data from the download isn't populating, Im launching into a brand new game every time. What am I missing? Thanks.

I figured it out - didn't copy save data from server into local path for client on my pc. Now that I have that working I'm going to fix isp host side.

quests

I have the mod installed correctly on client and server, my question is how do I get the quest chain to start on an existing mp game? I tried adding class key and class selection and the quest doesn't popup like it does when I start a new sp game.The quest that says "Welcome to Valmod,Thank you for choosing Valmod. To start with please search your crafting menu for 'Class' and craft the class briefcase ..."

using 16.04

thanks in advance!

edit: nvm not needed

After updating our Bluefang hosted server with A16.4, people noticed they were falling through map, and 0 zombie horde nights.

I noticed your Valmod 5.5 update, so we installed the new update on the server and client side.

Now when connecting to server we just get "Server Disconnected You...Server still initializing...please wait a minute."

Bluefang support has also attempted to reinstall mod also - no change. They are advising, "I tried to use the newest patch but looks like it is broken at the moment...try setting a new save to see if that works...or wait to see if they fix the mod."

Don't want to reset map, especially if its not going to fix it.

Any ideas?

2017-10-28T01:31:53 9.215 INF StartAsServer

2017-10-28T01:31:53 9.366 INF createWorld: Random Gen, XXXX, GameModeSurvivalMP

Exception: Parsing biomes. Prefab with name 'resource_oilshale_pile.tts' not found!

at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Platform assembly: C:\bluefang\servers\serverXXXXX\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.367 INF Telnet connection from: [omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.367 INF Started thread TelnetClientReceive_[omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.368 INF Started thread TelnetClientSend_[omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.453 INF Telnet connection from: [omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.453 INF Started thread TelnetClientReceive_[omitted IP]

2017-10-28T01:32:12 28.454 INF Started thread TelnetClientSend_[omitted IP]

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)

2017-10-28T01:32:14 29.827 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ConsoleCmdMem.FillStats (Boolean _bDoGc, .GameManager _gm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConsoleCmdMem.GetStats (Boolean _bDoGc, .GameManager _gm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConsoleCmdMem.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _params, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SdtdConsole.TA (System.String , CommandSenderInfo ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

SdtdConsole:TA(String, CommandSenderInfo)

SdtdConsole:Update()

yea, I finally figured out how to get my files back up on my hosted server, my map is there. Got to my base and before I interacted with anything the house started falling apart all around me.

REF: "Server Disconnected 'you'":

BlueFang is usually EXCELLENT in fixing any problem. GameServers.com just added Valmod, etc and I saw this the first time I tried installing Valmod 5.4? I had to do a full wipe of the server - so backup your files! Then I installed again and got the same thing. Took a couple of times but it finally took. Now - reinstall your game files :) I have a feeling it maybe be a 'backup files' thing with the server system.

As for the "file name unknown" haven't seen that.

Wanted to say THANKS FOR THE GREAT MOD VALMAR :D love this mod so much

,Not sure what's going on but recently having issues. I did a full reinstall of 7 days to die and updated to 16.4 Valmod, on startup having some errors but the one that I noticed was whenever i try to attack jason I get a null error.

Either jason gives me the null error.valmod.jpg.e73c5a1c5df8af0c59e4594268c1c6a7.jpg

Hi, thank you for this aweasome mod.

I'm currently translating it into Spanish and I have encountered a problem.

In the game when you look for the recipes of 'Class Selection' item you have a list that says:

CLASS - HUNTER (LOCKED)
CLASS - MINER (LOCKED)
CLASS - ...

So I've searched for those lines in the Localization.txt file but haven't found them anywhere. I even search for it on all the xml files in Config folder and found nothing.

The only lines that I have found are the description of those items, like:

classBruiserDesc,blocks,Block Building,,"The Bruiser starts off with a spiked club and a sawed off shotgun. Skilled with melee weapons and shotguns for up-close encounters.",,

Where can I find them?

Cheers.

Hello Valmod, I'm not sure if it's because of the editing you've done to the xml's but when I attempt to use a 60 slot backpack mod along with valmod i'm getting some problems, mainly 20171106055842_1.thumb.jpg.e295b54c54cac38f2d395960b3a539ab.jpg

<!--#$-IGS BEGIN: Adding cursor area. -$#-->

<window name="windowBackpack" width="566" height="355" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" cursor_area="true" >

<!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">

<button depth="3" name="btnSort" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="21,-21" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack" tooltip_key="lblSortInventory" sound="[paging_click]" />

<label depth="3" name="windowName" pos="42,-6" width="250" height="32" text="INVENTORY" text_key="xuiInventory" font_size="32" />

<label depth="2" pos="472,-8" width="100" height="28" text="{currencyamount}" color="[yellow]" justify="right" />

<sprite depth="4" name="costIcon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_coin" size="24,24" pos="577,-10" color="[gold]" foregroundlayer="true" />

</panel>

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="303" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">

<!-- <sprite name="background" color="[black]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/> -->

<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="566" height="355" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="6" cols="10" pos="3,-3" cell_width="55" cell_height="55" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

<sprite depth="1" name="background" pos="0,0" color="[black]" type="sliced">

<texture depth="500" name="InventoryBackground" width="566" height="355" pos="3,-3" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\UITextures\inventorybg.png" material="Materials/Transparent Colored"/> <!--Online Mac: @http://i.imgur.com/g6Mxf7m.png -->

</sprite>

</panel>

</window>

anyone have an idea on what i'm doing wrong here? Never had problems doing this edit in a15, would usually work perfectly, that or some editing has slipped my mind.

Example Install Photo:
@Valmod, on your first post, you have a photobucket image that will not display in the section called "Example Install Photo:"

You'll need to transfer that image to a different image host or upload it directly to this forum.

Hello, will the mods be usable with Ubuntu?

Thanks for the reply.

I run a dedicated 7dtd server on Ubuntu Server 16.04 and have ValMod Overhaul + Compopack installed. Works just fine.

When you connect to the server, each client must also have ValMod Overhaul installed. If using Compopack, that does not need to be installed on the client.

LHammonds

Bigger Backpack Mod Issues

Hello! Thanks to everyone!

MP (9) - Dedi

GameServers.com added Valmod Overhaul, CompoPack (and they've had Alloc's Fixes - rev. 309). Only some of us are having any issues at all. "We're" having issues with the Bigger Backpack Mod. They're experiencing that things will disappear and not being able to 'auto-loot' things into their backpack into the added space; they have to manually drag the items into it.

Anyone have any ideas?

MP (9) - Dedi

GameServers.com added Valmod Overhaul, CompoPack (and they've had Alloc's Fixes - rev. 309). Only some of us are having any issues at all. "We're" having issues with the Bigger Backpack Mod. They're experiencing that things will disappear and not being able to 'auto-loot' things into their backpack into the added space; they have to manually drag the items into it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like loot.xml wasn't edited correctly.

MP (9) - Dedi

Anyone have any ideas?

Both the server and each client that connects to the server need the bigger backpack mod installed most importantly the Assembly-CSharp.dll. If it's not installed on both items past 32 slots will be lost upon logging out/in

As for the other issue that should only happen the first time the mod is used on an old save and can usually be fixed by picking an item up in your inventory and setting it back down.

Archived