A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

i have tried everything i can think of to try to get BBP to work, i downloaded it multiple times, deleted/reloaded 7dtd, even completely wiped/uninstalled/reinstalled steam and everything in its folders, and i can never get bigger bags of any kind with the expansion! Although my computer knowledge is poor i have used all of the tools at my disposal for my skill level and no matter what i try, i can't get the backpack to expand! i have spent HOURS between all the deleting, downloading, installing, and repeating multiple times and nothing works! The expansion works as expected, but no bigger bags. PLEASE help since i have over 25 hours into trying to get this to work, including wiping out a 200+ day savegame (i was tired of it anyway)! i am considering giving up on Valmod all together and just getting a bigger backpack mod that works even though i thoroughly enjoy the added content that expansion adds :(

Hi savage318 please dont think this reply is treating you like your stupid as my question will sound that way but my knowledge is also very limited.Valmods backpack mod is only 45 slots so if you have been playing vanilla with a large backpack mod previous to valmod it may seem like its not working as the difference in size to vanilla backpack isnt that huge.Could this be the case as i thought it wasnt working when i first installed it.I had to check google images to remind me what the vanilla size was so i could compare.

i have tried everything i can think of to try to get BBP to work, i downloaded it multiple times, deleted/reloaded 7dtd, even completely wiped/uninstalled/reinstalled steam and everything in its folders, and i can never get bigger bags of any kind with the expansion! Although my computer knowledge is poor i have used all of the tools at my disposal for my skill level and no matter what i try, i can't get the backpack to expand! i have spent HOURS between all the deleting, downloading, installing, and repeating multiple times and nothing works! The expansion works as expected, but no bigger bags. PLEASE help since i have over 25 hours into trying to get this to work, including wiping out a 200+ day savegame (i was tired of it anyway)! i am considering giving up on Valmod all together and just getting a bigger backpack mod that works even though i thoroughly enjoy the added content that expansion adds :(

Unless you went into user appdata folder which is hiden you never true'ly deleted all 7D2D files, even uninstalling doesent remove that file. go to your search bar in win lower left and type %appdata% and del 7d2d folder after you choose uninstall in steam. ensure you have no 7d2d folders on you drives, then go to above appdata and remove.

not needed but to make sure you nuked 7d2d, reboot.

then reinstall from steam. This will be as if you installed it for the first time. any issues at this point Its your computer.

Step 2

Now you have your brand new baby fresh install find a place on your drive to make a copy name it what ever exam 7D2D Vals 16.2

Now Copy your steam/common 7days folder to your new one, ****Copy*****

Once copied you then move your vals mod config over to the fresh copy. make you mod folder and put the vals icons and smx there.

Run game does it work? good you did it right.

Now copy the bigger back back csharp for single player to your 7days managed folder overwriting the old one. Make sure you are not using the mp version, server managers need to make sure they are using the mp server version.

test again. count rows, should have one more row each side. if you count 9 on the long row it worked.

I'll put up a short clip later :)

Studdering: It looks like the game 'freezes'/'freeze frames' and then jumps forward without those lost frames and 'game play' continues... Not two seconds within the video will you see it. We've both never had it with A16.3 B12 at all, but once we installed ValMod 3? It started happening. She called it studdering so that's what I've termed it... I have noticed a bit of 'stiffness' lol when trying to put stuff in the forge but I see someone's already said something about that. No worries!

I haven't seen HIM but I've only made it to the 3rd say so far lol I will never ever forget that first time seeing HIM! Single player - and I saw someone kill a zombie that was near my base... And I said to myself: "Hey! This is single player! How'd he get on here?!?" lol

Hope things are good with you and yours!

And again - thank you for your Most Excellent Mod!! here's the video:

trying to help

Update.

I had the admins delete my character data on the server, deleted the Valmod folder, and I'm STILL unable to make chests or bows. How many places does this mod go?

Have you tried to install and reinstall the game? when you uninstall the game, go to the install folder and delete any and all remaining files. then reinstall a clean copy of the game.

I suggest making a folder on your desktop call 7 days to die VALMOD and putting a copy of the game into the folder. when you reinstall VALMOD install it to your desktop folder. Now you have 2 copies of the game, 1 modded with VALMOD and the other a clean copy. run the launcher for 7 days out of the moded folder for VALMOD and use the regular steam launcher to play vanilla. this way you can play on both modded and and modded servers

Copper and Zinc

Hello Valmar, I was wondering if you have ever thought about adding copper and zinc to your already AWESOME AS HELL Mod. expansion.

there is a mod out there that adds them to the game and got some pretty nice icons and whatnot https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?71863-Vanilla-with-Copper-and-Zinc-to-make-brass-A16-3&p=737056&posted=1#post737056

but I want to keep using your mod as well. I Tried making the edits myself but seems to be a conflict I cant seem to find because when i got in game the class cases would no longer open, the in backpack copper and zinc were the Exp icons for miner and hunter. so not really sure where i messed up.

thanks

Welp, better late than never I guess. Ahem.

You can still find books to unlock recipes, yes. So you don't HAVE to spend those skill points on it if you don't want to.

To change the temp to celsius you open the console (~ but the key might be different for you, not 100% sure if they changed the default key) and enter this:

settempunit c

Player level cap should be the same as vanilla.

Thank you very much!

Problems with Ammo Crafting Perks

Hi there, I am really enjoying playing Valmod, the overhaul pack. However, I have discovered an issue where I am unable to unlock the Ammo Crafting perks. I am currently level 111, and all my gun skills are higher than 40. I looked through the xml files and it shows that the perk craftskillguns should unlock relatively early in the game and then should be able to unlock the perks to buy ammo crafting ie.) shotgun shells. I checked my skill page and there is no such skill or perk on the list. I reinstalled the mod pack, and still no luck. The ammo crafting perks are locked and will not tell me what the requirement is to unlock it. Is this an issue for anyone else? What should I do besides spawning in the ammo.. I would like to be able to craft them.

thx.

C

Hi there, I am really enjoying playing Valmod, the overhaul pack. However, I have discovered an issue where I am unable to unlock the Ammo Crafting perks. I am currently level 111, and all my gun skills are higher than 40. I looked through the xml files and it shows that the perk craftskillguns should unlock relatively early in the game and then should be able to unlock the perks to buy ammo crafting ie.) shotgun shells. I checked my skill page and there is no such skill or perk on the list. I reinstalled the mod pack, and still no luck. The ammo crafting perks are locked and will not tell me what the requirement is to unlock it. Is this an issue for anyone else? What should I do besides spawning in the ammo.. I would like to be able to craft them.

thx.

C

I think the ability to craft and make ammo is umbrella'd under another fire-arms skill. Check the workstation, you should be able to craft it by now.

No more combination keys?

Hi, love the pack been playing for hours.

I have noticed in 16.0 corpses have been removed and that was the only way to get survivor combination keys for the survivor briefcases, i have not seen any other way of getting the combinations

Has this not been updated/added or am i just missing something/unlucky?

I think the ability to craft and make ammo is umbrella'd under another fire-arms skill. Check the workstation, you should be able to craft it by now.

I've looked in all the different crafting stations and it is made in the armor station but cannot be unlocked. All my fire-arms skills are greater than 40 and when you look deeper into the skill levels using the arrows there is nothing else unlocked with higher levels. the XML file says level 5 unlocks some 9mm crafting but even that is not unlocked and i can't even purchase it because i "do not have the requirements" even though it does not tell me what the requirements are. For now I'm just trading in nitrate, coal, and paper to spawn in my ammo because I cannot even make gunpowder.

I've looked in all the different crafting stations and it is made in the armor station but cannot be unlocked. All my fire-arms skills are greater than 40 and when you look deeper into the skill levels using the arrows there is nothing else unlocked with higher levels. the XML file says level 5 unlocks some 9mm crafting but even that is not unlocked and i can't even purchase it because i "do not have the requirements" even though it does not tell me what the requirements are. For now I'm just trading in nitrate, coal, and paper to spawn in my ammo because I cannot even make gunpowder.

Each type of ammo has a separate perk required...and has 2 levels each...level 1 gives the basic ammo,tip,casing and gunpowder, and the 2nd level gives the advanced rounds.

9mm Round Crafting

44 Magnum Round Crafting

762mm Round Crafting

shotgun Shell Crafting

once you purchase the perk at level 1 or 2, you should be able to make that type of ammo on the Armory station

- - - Updated - - -

i am trying to craft the sniper rifle silenced. but there is no button to craft it. just a little hammer icon next to it. i have tried all the wrokstations and cant figure it out

You do not craft them like an item on a workbench. you Assemble them like a gun with the proper parts (in this case, a silencer + other sniper parts) after you have the appropriate level to assemble sniper rifles (Rifle skill level 50+)

Hi, love the pack been playing for hours.

I have noticed in 16.0 corpses have been removed and that was the only way to get survivor combination keys for the survivor briefcases, i have not seen any other way of getting the combinations

Has this not been updated/added or am i just missing something/unlucky?

you can add them back in as i have posted previously, but Valmar has stated a bit above that they now are the reward from finding and completing the quest "Survivor's Journal 1/2" from the item "challengeSurvivorJournal" which can drop like other Valmod Quests.

I tried that

Each type of ammo has a separate perk required...and has 2 levels each...level 1 gives the basic ammo,tip,casing and gunpowder, and the 2nd level gives the advanced rounds.

9mm Round Crafting

44 Magnum Round Crafting

762mm Round Crafting

shotgun Shell Crafting

once you purchase the perk at level 1 or 2, you should be able to make that type of ammo on the Armory station

- - - Updated - - -

You do not craft them like an item on a workbench. you Assemble them like a gun with the proper parts (in this case, a silencer + other sniper parts) after you have the appropriate level to assemble sniper rifles (Rifle skill level 50+)

i highlight the part click assemble, nothing. I have my rifles up to 62. It just wont let me craft them at all

i highlight the part click assemble, nothing. I have my rifles up to 62. It just wont let me craft them at all

when you click assemble, you should get a hard to see list show up under the mouse cursor that asks you what item you want to craft...only after choosing one of these does it actually assemble.

if that doesnt work, you may want to try uninstalling the mod, verifying files through steam, and reinstalling the mod. sometimes things get messed up. as long as you dont delete your saves directory in appdata, your games should still hang around.

Has anyone else had any problems while watching things craft in stations? I have had many instances where only half of what I intend to craft gets made. Most recently, it was scrap iron spikes in the workbench. I ordered 22, but only 11 were built. I was watching to earn trap points. I had more than enough iron for the job. The resources get used up as if the entire order completed. I've seen this in the forge as well with many items.

I dont know if this is known or not but I keep losing items from inventory. Anything in the last 4 slots (right side) of row 4 and anything in the last row disappear whenever I go offline (lost connection, log out, server breaks wind, take your pick). Anything I can do to recover items short of bugging the admin?

"Just did the following:

1. Opened Storage Crate

2. Shift clicked 50 raw meat to move to inventory

3. What Actually appeared in my inventory was 3 x Dinner meal

4. 50 meat went poof!

Anyone else had this?"

that sounds like you completed a quest, probably "Feed the Mole" or something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Valmar, I was wondering if you have ever thought about adding copper and zinc to your already AWESOME AS HELL Mod. expansion.

there is a mod out there that adds them to the game and got some pretty nice icons and whatnot https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?71863-Vanilla-with-Copper-and-Zinc-to-make-brass-A16-3&p=737056&posted=1#post737056

but I want to keep using your mod as well. I Tried making the edits myself but seems to be a conflict I cant seem to find because when i got in game the class cases would no longer open, the in backpack copper and zinc were the Exp icons for miner and hunter. so not really sure where i messed up.

thanks

same thing here, i was thinking about adding a recipe to make brass, but that mod would be far better.

i already tweaked the Valmod Paper recipe to be more inline with Vanilla, as Valmod Stock paper recipe is far too expensive.... at-least with the addition of Shotgun turrets.

Archived