A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Sounds like loot.xml wasn't edited correctly.

Both the server and each client that connects to the server need the bigger backpack mod installed most importantly the Assembly-CSharp.dll. If it's not installed on both items past 32 slots will be lost upon logging out/in

As for the other issue that should only happen the first time the mod is used on an old save and can usually be fixed by picking an item up in your inventory and setting it back down.

Thanks you two!

AHH HA!! I'll have to check to ensure they installed the Assembly-CSharp.dll :)

Hi & Thanks for what is my Fav mod at the mo, If its ok id like to request something, You can of course just say bollocks lol.. Id like to run this on my server as im planning a wipe in the next week or so but 2 things bugs the ♥♥♥♥ out of me with the Full mod.. The overhaul version...

1) When upgrading normally you would just use right click on the Axe, On mine It wont let me & I noticed there is like a different sort of upgrade kit for each tier...

2) For some reason I cant Scrap Items like normal in my inventory..

Is there a way to set these back to how they were ? & If so would you be willing to do that or atleast explain in detail how I do it, Thanks :)

Zombie Bosses

d9ZekgH.png

Note: This Mod was built on A16.4

This is a relatively large mod pack I've gradually created over time. It's mainly a collaboration of all my smaller mods placed together into one larger file. Those individual mods you can find here: Valmar's Mod Collection

The Valmod Pack comes in two different flavors. The Expansion pack and The Overhaul pack.

The Expansion pack is meant to be viewed, as the name implies, as an expansion pack for the game. What this means is that it adds a bunch of new features to the game without dramatically changing the overall vanilla gameplay experience. Great if you're happy with 7DTD but just want to have more stuff to do.

The Overhaul pack adds the same items and content to the game as the expansion with the key difference being that unlike the expansion the overhaul, as the name implies overhauls some basic aspects of the game. Mainly the recipe system is considerably locked down compared to vanilla. The overhaul is intended for those who want a new experience from the game.

Features:

Class System

Overhauled Progression Skill System (Overhaul Only)

Working Ovens and Sinks

New Zombie Bosses

New Cooking Recipes

New Workstations

New Plant Farming

New Storage Containers

New Weapons

New Weapon Mods

New Tools

New Quests

New Ammo Types

New Traps

New Armor

New Clothes

Dismantle or Convert Ammo

Safe Lockpicks

Legendary Weapons

Animal Snares

Chicken Coops

More Vanilla Recipes

More Dynamic Loot

Custom Icons

Custom UI

UI Sample:

RwGHCEG.jpg

How to Install:

Right Click 7 Days To Die and select properties

Click the Local Files Tab

Click the Browse local files button.

Open the Valmod zip. Open the first folder inside. Inside is a Data and Mods folder. Drag and drop these folders into the game's directory, overwriting when prompted.

Example Install Photo:

ValmodInstallPhoto_zps7pud2mao.png

Class System

When you start the game you will be given a Class Selection book and a Class Key note. With the Class Selection you able to craft/choose one of several classes. Search for “class” in the crafting menu to see the available options.

After you decide on a class you get a class briefcase that you then place on the ground and open either with your class key or by breaking it. This unlocks the case which then can be looted to get all the class-specific recipes along with a bundle of starting items related to the chosen class.

Note: Classes only determine your starting gear. They do not lock you out of learning anything else, you can still master everything.

Warning: this guide is not yet updated to A16.

Overhauled Progression System

In Valmod Overhaul many recipe books have been changed to only give skill points rather than unlock recipes. Recipes are now unlocked based off your skill level in relevant skills - such as construction tools, archery, guns, mining tools, cooking, blacksmithing, carpentry, traps... so on and so forth. This means that as you level various skills you can gradually unlock new recipes associated with those skills. Given the drastic nature of this change I include a link that lists all the changes related to this below:

Valmod Overhaul Progression Tree Changes

New Zombies

Valmod features several custom, unique Zombies. Some are "boss" zombies while some are just for variety.

These include:

Feral Crawler

New Lumberjack

Burning Crawler

Burning Spider

Burning Runner

Burning Boss (Spits fire)

Trucker Boss

Grave Reaper

Ravager

Monstrous Brute

Expanded Cooking Recipes

Now the bowl serves a purpose other than making decoration. All stew recipes now require a bowl of water instead of a jar of water and will return the bowl to you when you eat.

Food recipes will require bowls of water instead of bottled water.

Bowl's can be be used just like glass jars to gather water. Just like with the bottled water you'll have to boil the bowl of water to get a clean version before you can safely drink it or use it. (Bowl of Murky Water turns into Bowl of Water).

Boiled food now uses a bowl of water as the cooking tool instead of cooking pot.

Cornbread uses a bowl of water as the cooking tool instead of a cooking pot.

Empty cans now serve a purpose as you can now pour your stews into them to get canned variants that have no smell.

Pour your canned foods into bowls and warm them up for tasty wellness-providing variants.

Survivor Notes: Skill Points

You can find Survivor Notes on zombie loot and other various locations which can be read for skill points. You can also scrap recipe books you find in loot for survivor notes.

New Weapons and Tools

The following weapons and tools have been added to the game:

Bolt Rifle

Iron Crossbow

Repeater Crossbow

Combat Axe

Boomstick

Weed Cleaver

Scythe

Sniper High-Powered Scoped

Legendary Weapons

New Ammo Types

All the guns now have alternative ammo types that you can use. You unlock these by investing to perk level 2 in the relevant ammo perk.

New ammo includes:

9mm, 10mm, 762mm Hollow Point Rounds - The most damaging of rounds.

9mm, 10mm, 762mm Incendiary Rounds - These rounds deal a little extra damage and can set the enemy on fire.

Blunderbuss Shredder Ammo - Deals more damage and causes bleeding.

Incendiary Shell - Shotgun shells that set the enemy on fire.

Loki Shells – Shotgun shells similar to the incendiary shell.

Siege Shell - Shotgun shells that deal relatively little damage to enemies but a lot to blocks.

Crafting ammo also requires specific shell casings. Such as 9mm Casing or Shotgun Shell Casing. (Overhaul)

Note: There is a bug where the gun will not accurately display the correct damage the gun deals when you swap ammo. Do not worry, this is just a visual bug.

Workstations

There are a few new workstations added to the game.

Armory (Overhaul Only) – This workstation is required for crafting armors. Each tier of armor requires a different tool in the workbench to craft. Cloth and animal hide require a sewing kit, leather requires a tanning rack and iron and steel armors require a welding torch.

Merchant Delivery Box - Craftable vendor to buy supplies from.

Quest Board - Craftable vendor to buy quests from.

Misc

Keep yourself in-the-loop for future updates by joining the Valmod Steam Group

Valmod Overhaul Horde Edition

Install ontop of Overhaul to get lethal headshots, larger hordes and disable climbing zombies.

DOES NOT WORK WITH EXPANSION PACK. OVERHAUL ONLY.

Servers and credits listed in below post.

7nILlEI.png

UIT7mt3.png

JAbXiiA.png

How do you turn off Zombie Bosses server side?

What is the current mod like in terms of frame rate?

Standard 7DtD is a bit laggy for me, but playable. I recently tried Starvation and while it plays OK, it really struggles when there is some decent action. Is this OK, or just as laggy?

Ive not had any issues with the mod, Only time ive spike the frame rates is when I demolished the big tower, That stalled the entire server, Also had a cave in were a whole square block went that too did the same, Single player ive had approx 100 zombies on screen with minimal stutter... I assume if run on a decent server like I have it will run about the same minus abit of latency

What is the current mod like in terms of frame rate?

Standard 7DtD is a bit laggy for me, but playable. I recently tried Starvation and while it plays OK, it really struggles when there is some decent action. Is this OK, or just as laggy?

I do get a bit of studdering which seems to be from Vanilla. I haven't noticed any difference between Vanilla and ValMod, so give it a try. Yeah - Starvation is a HOG but like it.

@Valmod,

I run a dedicated 7dtd server on Ubuntu Server 16.04 and have ValMod Overhaul + Compopack installed. Works just fine.

When you connect to the server, each client must also have ValMod Overhaul installed. If using Compopack, that does not need to be installed on the client.

LHammonds

Hello

How to instal the mods on Ubuntu because unable to instal the luncher of mods.

Thank you for your response

ubuntu?

@Valmod,

I run a dedicated 7dtd server on Ubuntu Server 16.04 and have ValMod Overhaul + Compopack installed. Works just fine.

When you connect to the server, each client must also have ValMod Overhaul installed. If using Compopack, that does not need to be installed on the client.

LHammonds

Hello

How to instal the mods on Ubuntu because unable to instal the luncher of mods.

Thank you for your response

I apologise for not filtering through all the replies in this thread, but I wondered if someone could let me know where to get survivor combinations in the latest version of valmod?

Also - if they don't actually drop anywhere - can someone possibly help me edit the trader file so that they can be sold there?

Thank you.

Did you turn EAC off using the games launcher?

No, I wasn't using the game launcher. I want to use it with the Better Balance mod, but I wanted to test it in the vanilla game first.

So here's what I tried next. I put the bigger back pack in my vanilla game. Deleted Better Balance Mod in launcher. Re-installed it in launcher from modified vanilla game. The game loaded everything up to the point of loading the UI, but it got stuck there.

No, I wasn't using the game launcher. I want to use it with the Better Balance mod, but I wanted to test it in the vanilla game first.

So here's what I tried next. I put the bigger back pack in my vanilla game. Deleted Better Balance Mod in launcher. Re-installed it in launcher from modified vanilla game. The game loaded everything up to the point of loading the UI, but it got stuck there.

Not sure on better balance mod but to use the bigger backpack mod when you click play in steam select show game launcher. Then uncheck use EasyantiCheat (EAC) then just click run and save as default. Then from now on you'll be running the game without EAC and and the backpack mod should work without giving you a black screen.

Good day Valmar

Question .... Is the Grave reaper a Ghost looking Z's ?? ..... Started a New Game yesterday in "Overhaul Combo Bigger Backpack" and I was walking pass a cemetery I THINK .......and out of Nowhere I was attacked and Killed ....I saw a Whitest glowing figure over me. Just wondering.

Other than that ALL is Good. Hope life is treating you well and the earlier issues have passed.

Archived