A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I really dont know why, but after 1-20 mins, the game crashes, im using the overhaul pack, here u have the crash info.

Some help please, i really dont know what is going on :(

To be honest it looks like your issue lies elsewhere and nothing to do with this mod. Just coincidence, but 7days alone is very cpu and memory heavy so using the mod may just overload your computer.

How long can you play vanilla 7 days without the mod ?

I really dont know why, but after 1-20 mins, the game crashes, im using the overhaul pack, here u have the crash info.

Some help please, i really dont know what is going on :(

Check your drivers for your video card and motherboard to make sure they are up to date. As Jay_ombie said, it's probably not the game itself.

Some textures in the game may not be compressed to the power of 2, which isn't ideal, but it shouldn't crash a functioning PC.

I noticed you only have 8G of RAM too. Your video card is very nice, but the RAM in your system isn't as great.

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but I'm not seeing any survivor combinations to unlock the survivor briefcases that I have been collecting. I tried adding the combination as a loot item to feral zombies, but it wouldn't work for me for whatever reason.

Has this been addressed?

What can I do to fix this problem?

As it sits now, I have 6 survivor briefcases that I cannot use after having destroyed 2 of them trying workarounds, that didnt work. lol

Thanks in advance

~pakrninja

To be honest it looks like your issue lies elsewhere and nothing to do with this mod. Just coincidence, but 7days alone is very cpu and memory heavy so using the mod may just overload your computer.

How long can you play vanilla 7 days without the mod ?

Cant be the hardware, 6700K Rx 480 8Gb crossfire (when i play 7dtd i disable one cuz it actually breaks it) and 8Gb 3333 Mhz so no, its not the computer, plus i've played starvation mod for weeks without problem :(

- - - Updated - - -

Check your drivers for your video card and motherboard to make sure they are up to date. As Jay_ombie said, it's probably not the game itself.

Some textures in the game may not be compressed to the power of 2, which isn't ideal, but it shouldn't crash a functioning PC.

I noticed you only have 8G of RAM too. Your video card is very nice, but the RAM in your system isn't as great.

Makes nosense, cuz i can actually play alpha 16 without troubles and i've played Starvation a lot, and it have way more content, so i really cant say its that, plus i've played valmod on alpha 15 without problem too...

♥♥♥♥ ma life :(

Just a guess, but it could be your memory. Saying it "Can't be the hardware" is just ridiculous. It can always be the hardware. Valmod uses a lot of resources to run, and comparing it to Starvation is just silly because it is not the same mod. Period. 8GB of ram for this is pretty light, doesn't Valmar recommend 16GB minimum? I have 24GB ram and an 8-core processor and even then, my PC has lag spikes at times, especially in the forge.

And Valmod on A15, is different that Valmod on A16, simply because of the content that was added in Vanilla. Maybe everything does run good on Vanilla, that uses less resources. Do you monitor your resource usage at all while playing? If those stay low, then that would be fine, but if you are running your ram at 100% over long periods of time, your PC might be shutting down the game or something to protect the components.

~pakrninja

Just a guess, but it could be your memory. Saying it "Can't be the hardware" is just ridiculous. It can always be the hardware. Valmod uses a lot of resources to run, and comparing it to Starvation is just silly because it is not the same mod. Period. 8GB of ram for this is pretty light, doesn't Valmar recommend 16GB minimum? I have 24GB ram and an 8-core processor and even then, my PC has lag spikes at times, especially in the forge.

And Valmod on A15, is different that Valmod on A16, simply because of the content that was added in Vanilla. Maybe everything does run good on Vanilla, that uses less resources. Do you monitor your resource usage at all while playing? If those stay low, then that would be fine, but if you are running your ram at 100% over long periods of time, your PC might be shutting down the game or something to protect the components.

~pakrninja

That argument is invalid whith the logs, when it crashes, it isnt using even 4gb of the 8 i have, plus it only hapens with this game, i've hosted 10 instances of MC servers, with a RAM use of 100% and still can play league of legends in the meantime at 90 FPS without problem...

I cant say its not the ram, but its practically impossible while it isnt even using at 100%, it just crashes to desktop without reason.

I had a similar problem with Black Desert Online and it was a problem of compatibility with my GPU, they just gave me a .zip and done, so i guess the problem is the graphics card, even if its working propiertly.

Cheers <3

You said you are turning one of your cards off when you play 7 days, right? So that is a very good possibility if that is the case.

TBH, I didn't look at your log files. I am just a guy with a keyboard offering suggestions. ;)

Hope you get it fixed though, either way.

I've already tried to remove one of the 480 unsuccessfully :(

Im sad cuz i really liek this mod so i guess i must do one of my own with the things i liek of this mod and done, thank you all for your help, u are really helpfull even if u dont think so <3

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but I'm not seeing any survivor combinations to unlock the survivor briefcases that I have been collecting. I tried adding the combination as a loot item to feral zombies, but it wouldn't work for me for whatever reason.

Has this been addressed?

What can I do to fix this problem?

As it sits now, I have 6 survivor briefcases that I cannot use after having destroyed 2 of them trying workarounds, that didnt work. lol

Thanks in advance

~pakrninja

A quick scan of the xml files shows that the combinations are not in any loot group or container so will not drop anywhere but the creative menu.

you could edit the loot.xml file and add the following line to some of the loot containers or groups, and change the prob to how frequent you want to see it. maybe the StumpGroup lootgroup, or pepper onto some of the zombies.

<item name="survivorCombination" prob="0.05"/>

in alpha 15, they were in the corpseblock group lootcontainer id="37", but in Alpha 16, i dont know that it is used anymore since that container is now gore block dummy and only has cobweb in it.

I had forgot how crazy recipes were for Valmod, I tried several classes and for a server, we just have to have a secure storage chest for all classes. Please change this one thing as default, take something else away if you must, but this is a must have item to play on a server.

Edit: I see the cardboard boxes for storage, those are not secure.

Set most used items as favorites, and display only favorites in forge - its the only solution I have.

Yea I remember that work around now. I think the issue was with separating recipes when opening different crafting work stations, workbench recipes showing in the forge lists, etc. Duplicate recipes dont help either, one normal and one for Armory work station, and both showing up in both UI's. That why I stopped using Valmod before, but now if I want to play on this new server, I'm screwed to using that work around.

There is an sdx mod that solves this workstation lag and is compatible with Valmod. Its a client side only fix to the DLL. If you have not had a reason to learn SDX, this is a great reason to go read the tutorial and get started. The mod is located here: https://github.com/7D2DSDX/Mods/tree/master/CraftingLag

The tutorial post with links to the tutorial and videos is here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72888-7D2D-SDX-Tutorials-and-Modding-Kit

There is an sdx mod that solves this workstation lag and is compatible with Valmod. Its a client side only fix to the DLL. If you have not had a reason to learn SDX, this is a great reason to go read the tutorial and get started. The mod is located here: https://github.com/7D2DSDX/Mods/tree/master/CraftingLag

The tutorial post with links to the tutorial and videos is here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72888-7D2D-SDX-Tutorials-and-Modding-Kit

thats great and thanks, but, sorry, does there happen to be a tutorial specifically to fix that lag within valmod? I dont use a lot of different mods and the server uses EAC afaik, which means Ill have to creat an SP game to use this fix. Besides SDX might be past my brains normal function parameters.

EDIT: Ok so following the great video tutorials, and assuming that I would be modding(fixing) a modded copy of 7dtd, with valmod installed, with the downloaded files from the github (mod.xml and the .cs script together in a folder named lagfix so that the SDX program can find it).

Hit build, then copy the modded(now fixed) copy of the modded copy(valmod+7dtd) back to the original folder so that when I run it the 7D2D launcher that sphereii wrote can run and overwrite the newly modded files of the modded valmod 7dtd game.

/boggle saying this is like bangging your head into a door trying to open it.

Archived