A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

How are we suppose to the Survivor Combination in game?

YOu have to add it to the loot xml by including it in a loot group as it isnt in one at present as far as I can see. So i put it in a tools group like so

<lootgroup name="rareTools" count="1">

<item group="rareToolset" prob="0.3"/>

<item group="rareParts" prob="0.3"/>

<item group="powerTools" prob="0.2"/>

<item name="toolAndDieSet" prob="0.1"/>

<item name="survivorCombination" prob="0.3"/>

</lootgroup>

really cool Jason Vorhees npc in Valmod. I get an error null reference when I try to attack him though. My server would like to add him in for a bit of fun this holloween but the error unless fixed means we won't. Can this be fixed please.

Fix zombie Jason. Valmod-Overhaul version 16.3.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUy3Vc1V5QEMElycGlSNkZUY00

Quick note - Trying out the mod and I just want to say - awesome. The fast spider zeds are a great improvement on vanilla and make up somewhat for lack of missile npcs (reaction time etc). The starting gear / classes is great for players that have re-started ad-nauseum. The skill tree brings a bigger RPG element and makes advancement choices harder and more important. And the variations on loot / recipes / quests is great. I was so happy to find a candy bar. A thank you for taking the time.

So am I correct in presuming that all 'we' have to do is to replace the exiting files with the ones supplied?!? :)

Should be, easy way to check, open xml you dl and if it is only the modded part ie only jason in entityclass etc then you would just add what you dl to your files by copy and past contents to your existing corrisponding xml.

However this is copy past the files. no need to open and copy contents and paste to each file.

If you modded any of these files for any reason you will loose what ever you did. In that case you would look in the xml and see whats has changed and copy that change to your edited file like I had to. I added other mods like npc/bandits a lot of the SDX models and this jason update. Basiscly I merged several folks mod into valmers.

Questions about the Bigger Backpack mod.

So to install this on the client - you have to copy what's in the Data folder to the data folder on the client which is the windows.xml file. Then do the same for the "7DaysToDie_Data" folder to the same folder which is the Assembly-CSharp.dll file? The 'readme' isnt totally clear about it. But for a server you would then copy those and the "7DaysToDieServer_Data" which is again the Assembly-CSharp.dll file?

Unable to craft ammo

Hi,

Loving ValMod(Overhaul) so far, but I have one issue. I have 2 levels of 9mm, I have 9mm casings, bullet tips and gunpowder. But no matter where I try to craft (personal, workbench, armory)... I don't get a 'CRAFT' button. It shows I can make it, shows I can make multiple... but no craft button (greyed out or otherwise).

Help? .... Nevermind, figured it out :)

William

Questions about the Bigger Backpack mod.

So to install this on the client - you have to copy what's in the Data folder to the data folder on the client which is the windows.xml file. Then do the same for the "7DaysToDie_Data" folder to the same folder which is the Assembly-CSharp.dll file? The 'readme' isnt totally clear about it. But for a server you would then copy those and the "7DaysToDieServer_Data" which is again the Assembly-CSharp.dll file?

Server bigger bagpack file is not the same as client ones, hence unless you also do the same for the server, the client will lose all items in those extra slots

Hi,

Loving ValMod(Overhaul) so far, but I have one issue. I have 2 levels of 9mm, I have 9mm casings, bullet tips and gunpowder. But no matter where I try to craft (personal, workbench, armory)... I don't get a 'CRAFT' button. It shows I can make it, shows I can make multiple... but no craft button (greyed out or otherwise).

Help? .... Nevermind, figured it out :)

William

Have you bought the '9 mm bullet' perk ???

Server bigger bagpack file is not the same as client ones, hence unless you also do the same for the server, the client will lose all items in those extra slots

Bigger Backpack Mod has these folders:

7DaysToDie_Data <- I presume that this one is for the client

7DaysToDieServer_Data <- I also presume that this one is for the server

Data <- I also presume here that this one probably goes to both the server and client?

In accordance to the "READ ME FIRST.txt.txt" file I would presumably install 'all' of these into the 7 Days to Die Folder.

So here you can see where some of the confusion is. Its not clear and percise as to where to install it and what to install on a client or server. I have a feeling this is probably the first version of the readme.txt file. So maybe someone can have it updated and clarified here please?

From the READ ME FIRST.txt.txt file:

WARNING! Using this breaks EAC (Easy Anti Cheat)! That means if you use this you will not be able to launch the game with Anti Cheat nor will you be able to play on servers with EAC enabled. You can launch the 7DaysToDie.exe in the directory to play the game without EAC.

How to Install Bigger Backpack:

1. Install Valmod first.

2. Then Install Bigger Backpack, same as Valmod. You have to install this ontop of Valmod.

3. Be sure to launch the game without EAC.

4. Done.

Note: This does not work retroactively for saves. So you will need to start a new game to get the extra inventory slots.

Boomstick bug?

Not sure if this is a known issue but when trying to assemble a boomstick from a shotgun receiver or parts, they will be consumed without going into the construction of the weapon, if that makes any sense. Essentially they are being deleted when you click on assemble. The only way it works is if you try to assemble a boomstick from either the barrel or short stock.

Crafting

Hi, and thx for the awesome mod. It made my 7dtd experience alot better than the original one.

I do however ponder about some texting choices when it comes to crafting.

I have guns maxed to 100 where it says i can craft items up to lvl 500 on guns. However, the only way to craft gun parts (that i know of) is through the combine station, but since my weaponscrafting skills is r5 I could not combine gun parts over lvl 350.

So, what are the 500 skill thingy i get from gun perk used for, or is it simply not meant to be like this?

Losfer

i accidently downloaded the overhaul instead of expansion how do i uninstall it? do i simply just install the expansion one and hit replace files?

I would hit "verify integrity of game files" and do a fresh install just to be on the safe side.

There seems to be an issue with cement. Despite being level 50 masonry I'm unable to craft cement as it's asking for a perk, but there is no perk to take (as its said cement unlocks at 50 masonry, not with a perk).

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Ammo perk locked and greyed out

Hi,

In skills the ammo learning perks are greyed out for me. for my friend on the same server it is not.

When I start a new singleplayer game with the same settings it is open for me too, but on my dedicated server it seems I am the only one where the perk is greyed out.

I have seen some posts of other having the problem with the ammo perk greyed out, and about the solution with the progression. xml file. I tried this out, but it remain greyed out

Any ideas how to solve this issue

20171022230403_1.thumb.jpg.e0183014acdfd6cae75ecfe23e5dc6bd.jpg

my appologies for double posting

20171022230556_1.thumb.jpg.e5a6d70020cda55fa8d160dc7fea977b.jpg

Archived