A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hey, i have installed Expansion pack and then Overhaul on top of it.

Will that work correctly?

I think the Overhaul pack will overwrite the Expansion. If you read the very first message, it tells the difference between the two. The expansion pack isn't an addition to the overhaul pack.

Please anyone, correct me if I'm wrong with any of this.

I think the Overhaul pack will overwrite the Expansion. If you read the very first message, it tells the difference between the two. The expansion pack isn't an addition to the overhaul pack.

Please anyone, correct me if I'm wrong with any of this.

the overhaul will be the current version. but you will need a new save.

I've looked in all the different crafting stations and it is made in the armor station but cannot be unlocked. All my fire-arms skills are greater than 40 and when you look deeper into the skill levels using the arrows there is nothing else unlocked with higher levels. the XML file says level 5 unlocks some 9mm crafting but even that is not unlocked and i can't even purchase it because i "do not have the requirements" even though it does not tell me what the requirements are. For now I'm just trading in nitrate, coal, and paper to spawn in my ammo because I cannot even make gunpowder.

I had the same problem too and i fix this. Open the game folder "steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config" and check in the file "progression.xml" with notepad these lines:

<perk name="9mm Round Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="9mmRoundCraftingDesc" title_key="9mmRoundCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">
	<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Pistols" required_skill_level="10"/>
	<recipe name="9mmBullet" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="bulletTip" unlock_level="1"/>		<recipe name="HollowTip" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="9mmBulletCasing" unlock_level="1"/>	<recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="9mmBulletHP" unlock_level="2"/>
	<recipe name="9mmBulletINC" unlock_level="2"/>
</perk>
<perk name="44 Magnum Round Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="44MagnumRoundCraftingDesc" title_key="44MagnumRoundCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">
	<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Pistols" required_skill_level="10"/>
	<recipe name="44MagBullet" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="bulletTip" unlock_level="1"/>		<recipe name="HollowTip" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="44MagBulletCasing" unlock_level="1"/>	<recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="44MagBulletHP" unlock_level="2"/>
	<recipe name="44MagBulletINC" unlock_level="2"/>
</perk>
<perk name="762mm Round Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="762mmRoundCraftingDesc" title_key="762mmRoundCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">
	<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Assault Rifles" required_skill_level="10"/>
	<recipe name="762mmBullet" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="762mmBulletCasing" unlock_level="1"/>	<recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="762mmBulletHP" unlock_level="2"/>
	<recipe name="762mmBulletINC" unlock_level="2"/>
</perk>
<perk name="shotgun Shell Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="shotgunShellCraftingDesc" title_key="shotgunShellCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">
	<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Shotguns" required_skill_level="10"/>
	<recipe name="buckshot" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="shotgunShellCasing" unlock_level="1"/>	<recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="shotgunShell" unlock_level="1"/>
	<recipe name="shotgunSlug" unlock_level="2"/>
	<recipe name="shotgunShellINC" unlock_level="2"/>
	<recipe name="SiegeShell" unlock_level="2"/>
</perk>

If this line "<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Pistols" required_skill_level="10"/>

" is missing, add it in each perk by changing the parameter "required_skill_name=" to the corresponding perk

save file and check in game

Thank you. Then i think, i have an issue:

I have blacksmith lvl 16. But i'm not able to craft bellows.

I think something happened in the overwrite .. Blacksmith lvl 10 you should be about to do bellows ( this is for Overhaul Bigger Backpack ) and should be the same for his other Mods.

May I make a suggestion .. if you are not using the 7D2D launcher it will make life easier in the long run.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

I've looked in all the different crafting stations and it is made in the armor station but cannot be unlocked. All my fire-arms skills are greater than 40 and when you look deeper into the skill levels using the arrows there is nothing else unlocked with higher levels. the XML file says level 5 unlocks some 9mm crafting but even that is not unlocked and i can't even purchase it because i "do not have the requirements" even though it does not tell me what the requirements are. For now I'm just trading in nitrate, coal, and paper to spawn in my ammo because I cannot even make gunpowder.

I had the same problem too and i fix this. Open the game folder "steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config" and check in the file "progression.xml" with notepad these lines:

<perk name="9mm Round Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="9mmRoundCraftingDesc" title_key="9mmRoundCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">
	<recipe name="9mmBulletCasing" unlock_level="1"/>	<recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>
</perk>
<perk name="44 Magnum Round Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="44MagnumRoundCraftingDesc" title_key="44MagnumRoundCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">
	<recipe name="44MagBulletCasing" unlock_level="1"/>	<recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>
</perk>
<perk name="762mm Round Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="762mmRoundCraftingDesc" title_key="762mmRoundCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">
	<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Assault Rifles" required_skill_level="10"/>
	<recipe name="762mmBulletCasing" unlock_level="1"/>	<recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>
</perk>
<perk name="shotgun Shell Crafting" icon="gunsmithing" description_key="shotgunShellCraftingDesc" title_key="shotgunShellCrafting" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="1" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="firearms">
	<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Shotguns" required_skill_level="10"/>
	<recipe name="shotgunShellCasing" unlock_level="1"/>	<recipe name="gunPowder" unlock_level="1"/>
</perk>

If this line "<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Pistols" required_skill_level="10"/>

" is missing, add it in each perk by changing the parameter "required_skill_name=" to the corresponding perk

If you look down at the bottom of the Gun Tab, there is the bullet recipes you can purchase, any single purchase will unlock the Gun Powder recipe. I looked everywhere for the Gun Powder recipe, then I looked down...

Now if only I could get stuff to stop disappearing from my inventory.

If you look down at the bottom of the Gun Tab, there is the bullet recipes you can purchase, any single purchase will unlock the Gun Powder recipe. I looked everywhere for the Gun Powder recipe, then I looked down...

Only thing I know about inventory is if you play in dedi server and you don't have same big backpack mods on both the server and client.

16.3 isnt working for me

hey Valmar i have enjoyed your mod for some time now but this version isn't working I'm very good with installing mod I copied both mod and data to my game folder I started the game and it locks right before the game starts. now lets make sure I'm I didn't screw up!!

you have overhaul and expansion which 1 should be first?

and there is a bigger backpack mod is there a reason were not dropping it in ?

it worked just fine in 16.2

and 16.1

Please help if you can and thank you Rat3492

hey Valmar i have enjoyed your mod for some time now but this version isn't working I'm very good with installing mod I copied both mod and data to my game folder I started the game and it locks right before the game starts. now lets make sure I'm I didn't screw up!!

you have overhaul and expansion which 1 should be first?

and there is a bigger backpack mod is there a reason were not dropping it in ?

it worked just fine in 16.2

and 16.1

Please help if you can and thank you Rat3492

It's NOT Overhaul AND Expansion, It's Overhaul OR Expansion. Read the first message to see the difference between the two, then choose the one you want to install. Don't install both; even if one will overwrite the other, it might still screw up something.

the user to whom this is addressed is not available to purchase these perks like mine. He asked for a solution to the problem and he was offered a full reinstallation of the game and valmod. Most likely he also does not have enough line "<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Pistols" required_skill_level="10"/>" indicating when to unlock these perks. This line indicates when you reach what level of possession of weapons opens the possibility of buying this perk. I did not have it in all 4 perks and they were not available at all. I have version 16.2 valmod overhaul - maybe it has the same version and the same defect in valmod.

google translator.

your biggerback dll is either not installed properly or wrong one to one on server

- - - Updated - - -

</perk>
</perk>
</perk>
</perk>

you dont need that line. your only adding a requirement. without it you can get 9mm crafting just by spending the skillpoints

Came here first to say THANK YOU to Valmar, awesome mod. My friends and I have been enjoying it profusely.

Second... Looks like in the latest versions the Auto Fill blocks are gone? I believe there was one for Asphalt (filled in a 1x3 area) and one for Cement. How can we get those back? Was very useful when having to fill in damage from blown-up cars.

your biggerback dll is either not installed properly or wrong one to one on server

- - - Updated - - -

you dont need that line. your only adding a requirement. without it you can get 9mm crafting just by spending the skillpoints

The 7D2D Launcher refreshes the mods everytime I play so if its not installed correctly, there is nothing I can do about it except notify the server admin.

Not sur ewhat is wrong with this but sinc eim running valmod im posting it in here as well. checking to see if it maybe cause by valmod.

i added these recpies to my xml but they are not should up in the workbench please help

<!-- Magnum -->

<recipe name="parts44Magnum_grip" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="10"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="parts44Magnum_cylinder" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="50"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="parts44Magnum_parts" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="100"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="parts44Magnum_frame" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<!-- hunting rifle/Bolt rifle -->

<recipe name="partsHuntingRifle_receiver" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsHuntingRifle_barrel" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsHuntingRifle_parts" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsBoltRifle_parts" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="partsHuntingRifle_parts" count="1"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsHuntingRifle_stock" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="wood" count="20"/>

</recipe>

<!-- Ak -->

<recipe name="partsAK47_stock" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsAK47_receiver" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsAK47_parts" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsAK47_barrel" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<!-- Shotgun -->

<recipe name="partsPumpShotgun_stockShort" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="wood" count="20"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsPumpShotgun_stock" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="wood" count="40"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsPumpShotgun_parts" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsPumpShotgun_receiver" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsPumpShotgun_barrelShort" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="30"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsPumpShotgun_barrel" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<!-- SMG -->

<recipe name="partsMP5_stock" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsMP5_receiver" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsMP5_barrel" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsMP5_parts" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<!-- Sniper -->

<recipe name="partsSniperRifle_stock" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsSniperRifle_receiver" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="200"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsSniperRifle_barrel" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="partsSniperRifle_parts" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<!-- Gun Attachments -->

<recipe name="gunSilencer" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="20"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="gunChoke" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="gunScope" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="30"/>

<ingredient name="emptyJar" count="2"/>

</recipe>

<recipe name="gunPistolSilenced" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

<recipe name="gun44MagnumSilenced" count="1" craft_area="workbench">

</recipe>

Found problem

- - - Updated - - -

The problem was that they are not available for purchase for skillpoints. And until I added this line to every perk - they were not available from me. I understand that this is a requirement of a certain level for opening a perk, but it's better than generally with a closed one without the ability to unlock play. I ran into the problem and decided this way. Maybe someone also needs this method.

Thanks for the awesome work!

Noticed that the loot.xml in 5.4 still lacks an entry for the "survivorCombination", intended?

The Horde Edition of 5.3 are compatible with the 5.4?

Thanks!

survivorCombination is obtained as a quest reward and is itself not currently dropped in loot containers.

Horde Edition should be fully compatible.

Hi there, my english it's so bad.

I need help with this valmod expansion, i really want use this mod with HUD SMX and bigger pack backpack to 72 slots and minibike to 112 slots. i have this problem, my game stuck in Loading UI screen.

Thank you

Valmod does not work with any other UI mod or Bigger Bacpack mod other than the included Bigger Backpack Mod provided in the download unless the mod author specifically tailors their UI mod to be compatible. Either way, "officially" speaking none of them are compatible.

Hey Valmar have a slight issue with boiling an egg it says i need 'Bottled water' which i have in my inventory but it's not in the recipe on the campfire crafting menu.

I tried to use initiative and put a bowl of water in my inventory and in the right hand slot of the camp fire which normally holds the beaker but it still says i'm missing something.

I already have a cooking pot and i did try to use the beaker just in case but nothing seems to work am i just being stupid and over looking something?

I am using the expansion mod.

That was a minor oversight on my part with Expansion. I've went ahead and done a "stealth update" of expansion to fix that issue. Sorry about that.

Good day Valmar

I have a silly question I think ... BUT .. I just started a new game on 9/23/17 .. Overhaul Bigger Backpack .. but in game screen still say's v5.3 ... Which Mod's are 5.4 working with. ??

I'm using the 7D2D mod launcher and it didn't update the game to newer version ... is Overhaul BBackpack not 5.4 yet??

Thank you and enjoy the week

An oversight with the Bigger Backpack UI. Nothing to worry about.

Val!

I am running into an issue trying to play on both unmodded and modded servers. The mod keeps locking items away, like a wooden bow, requiring a recipe to create them when the modded server has no such requirement.

I have the 7 days launcher, and even used the "advanced" install that was supposed to seperate modded and non modded save files.

Any wisdom you can shine? I enjoy playing with your mod, but not if it stops me from playing on unmodded pvp servers as well.

You need to locally have the same files as the server. So if you're playing on a vanilla server you need to have vanilla files installed. If you're playing a modded server you need the modded files installed. Else you get issues such as what you described.

I'm currently trying to run a dedicated server with the mod and the game isn't loading when I try to select random gen. The game starts to load and after the loading box says Initializing it goes blank and I have to Alt F4. The mod is working fine when I host as a MP game and have friends join. Was wondering if anyone else had an issue with running the mod on a dedicated server? I do have a vanilla dedicated server and created a new folder/server with steamCMD specifically for the mod. Thanks in advance for the help

i have tried everything i can think of to try to get BBP to work, i downloaded it multiple times, deleted/reloaded 7dtd, even completely wiped/uninstalled/reinstalled steam and everything in its folders, and i can never get bigger bags of any kind with the expansion! Although my computer knowledge is poor i have used all of the tools at my disposal for my skill level and no matter what i try, i can't get the backpack to expand! i have spent HOURS between all the deleting, downloading, installing, and repeating multiple times and nothing works! The expansion works as expected, but no bigger bags. PLEASE help since i have over 25 hours into trying to get this to work, including wiping out a 200+ day savegame (i was tired of it anyway)! i am considering giving up on Valmod all together and just getting a bigger backpack mod that works even though i thoroughly enjoy the added content that expansion adds :(

I'm not really sure what the problem could be. At the risk of sounding patronizing, Bigger Backpack Mod is easy and quick to install and the process shouldn't give any issues. First install Valmod. Then install Bigger Backpack Mod ontop of it. Then launch the game without AntiCheat. Ensure its a new map. That's basically it.

Two things to think of:

1. Try launching the game with AntiCheat on. If the game works, then the bigger backpack mod is NOT installed correctly. If Bigger Backpack mod is installed the the game should not load properly and only give you a black screen when you try to launch it with anticheat enabled.

2. Are you sure it isn't installed? My bigger backpack is 45 slots and may not be immediately obvious to the naked eye that its bigger than vanilla if you're not looking for. Vanilla is 32, if I recall correctly. Either way my bigger backpack isn't as obvious as something like, say, 72+ slots.

Just noticed that the Repeater Crossbow made from the vanilla crossbow but no recipe for a repeater version using the Iron Crossbow and then also there is no steel crossbow, etc....

Aye, there is no iron repeater crossbow nor steel variant.

Hello Valmar, I was wondering if you have ever thought about adding copper and zinc to your already AWESOME AS HELL Mod. expansion.

there is a mod out there that adds them to the game and got some pretty nice icons and whatnot https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?71863-Vanilla-with-Copper-and-Zinc-to-make-brass-A16-3&p=737056&posted=1#post737056

but I want to keep using your mod as well. I Tried making the edits myself but seems to be a conflict I cant seem to find because when i got in game the class cases would no longer open, the in backpack copper and zinc were the Exp icons for miner and hunter. so not really sure where i messed up.

thanks

Adding new smelting materials is a bit of a headache, especially on the UI side of things. Overall its a process I've never been interested in adding to Valmod - even though the method has existed for a while. So while I am aware of it, I'm not likely to ever implement it.

Great mob thanks for all the hard work. I like to get a bigger bag in this mod and not sure how to any help would be nice I like to see at least a 72 slot

When you install the mod you'll notice that within the downloaded ZIP folder is a folder called Bigger Backpack Mod. After you installed the mod normally open this Bigger Backpack Mod folder and then drag-drop its contents into your 7DTD directory, overwriting when prompted. Its basically the same as installing Valmod, you just install this second after Valmod. There is an included readme file that includes instructions to explain the processs.

Valmod's bigger backpack at the time of writing this is 45 slots.

Hey, I've been wondering, can I play this mod with default or another UI already?

No, using another UI mod will break Valmod, generally speaking.

Hi, like other mates, i cannot learn ammo crafting perks... they are blocked and "i dont mean requirements" i don't wanna loose all because i cannot learn how to craft ammo. ؟Any solution? i'm playing in soloplay

Can someone tell me the requirements for 7.62 recipe under the expansion mod? We have been unsuccessful in making them so far. Gunsmith level 8. Thanks

I did just go through and found that the skill is not in the loot table so I know thats out.

The ammo crafting perks should not be locked behind any requirement and only require you to spend skill points to unlock them. If you're playing on a modded server make sure you have the mod installed locally since vanilla files lock the perk behind craftSkillGuns requirement - which Valmod does not do.

I dont know if this is known or not but I keep losing items from inventory. Anything in the last 4 slots (right side) of row 4 and anything in the last row disappear whenever I go offline (lost connection, log out, server breaks wind, take your pick). Anything I can do to recover items short of bugging the admin?

Recovering the the items unfortunately would require administrator assistance. The only reason I can conceive of that can cause inventory to vanish like that is if the server is using a bigger backpack mod and you, the client, have not always had such mod installed locally. Far as I know the player must have had it installed at the moment of joining the world (as in the moment your character was first "spawned" into existence in the save) and if you ever cease to have it your character's storage memory will break.

Honestly while bigger backpack does technically work for multiplayer I've never really recommended it outside of small friend groups due to how tricky it can be to setup everything to work properly in a multiplayer setting.

If the server isn't using bigger backpack, however, then I have no idea.

Hey, i have installed Expansion pack and then Overhaul on top of it.

Will that work correctly?

Technically it should "work" - though the steps are unnecessary. If you installed Expansion and then Overhaul that just means you installed Overhaul. You install one or the other - they do not need to be "combined". They're both separate mods. Since you installed Overhaul last that means it overwrited and Expansion and now Overhaul is installed. Again, it should work, but installing Expansion first was not necessary.

Hope that makes sense.

Came here first to say THANK YOU to Valmar, awesome mod. My friends and I have been enjoying it profusely.

Second... Looks like in the latest versions the Auto Fill blocks are gone? I believe there was one for Asphalt (filled in a 1x3 area) and one for Cement. How can we get those back? Was very useful when having to fill in damage from blown-up cars.

If I recall correctly the reason I removed the auto-fill blocks are because the game made some fundamental changes to the water system which I was using to get that effect so it no longer functioned as intended.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. It's starting to get annoying. I solved my other issue with the trader settlements not being protected by refreshing all the files from steam, copying over the overhaul mod again and starting a new game so everything is clean. But, I've been having the studdering/jerky movement as well and I've even turned down my graphic settings. The performance issue is starting to make me want to go back to the vanilla game.

Studdering: It looks like the game 'freezes'/'freeze frames' and then jumps forward without those lost frames and 'game play' continues... Not two seconds within the video will you see it. We've both never had it with A16.3 B12 at all, but once we installed ValMod 3? It started happening. She called it studdering so that's what I've termed it... I have noticed a bit of 'stiffness' lol when trying to put stuff in the forge but I see someone's already said something about that. No worries!

I haven't seen HIM but I've only made it to the 3rd say so far lol I will never ever forget that first time seeing HIM! Single player - and I saw someone kill a zombie that was near my base... And I said to myself: "Hey! This is single player! How'd he get on here?!?" lol

Hope things are good with you and yours!

And again - thank you for your Most Excellent Mod!! here's the video:

So... No one else? Just us few?

Archived